Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

That is a matter of opinion. Fair to everyone? Except the local indie stores here that could barely get the items they ordered -- but yet on Monday, BM has tons left in stock...

Look, I'm allowed to have my negative opinion of them, just as you are entitled to your positive one -- and chances are neither one of us will change our minds, so...

2. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

he has nothing to do with how the items are distributed, does he get special treatment from those that have the power...maybe but he was one the people that created RSD to begin with and every indie store cant get the number of items they want do to the limited editions so some store some where is going to be unhappy

3. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

What RSD stock any 1 shop gets has nothing to do with them, they can request an amount and they may or may not get the full amount. I'm from the UK so haven't shopped there, but the fact they sell at RRP and they don't inflate their prices says a lot to me about their integrity.

I am guessing those other indie stores in the area are smaller?

Christopher B likes this.
  4. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I have an old copy of Mixed Up on LP. Pretty sure it's a U.S. pressing IIRC. Not a bootleg either.

5. 3D cover?

6. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

Most likely, it’s the Avener Rework version that came out digitally a few days ago: https://goo.gl/gqrMLF

Richard--W likes this.
  7. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Even the Bull Moose stores only get one or two copies per store for most items. Some of the stores miss out entirely on certain ones. Yes, they open up what they have to those on the internet come Monday, but if you haven’t noticed most of those go SUPER fast. If your local store is having issues getting things they ordered, that isn’t Bull Moose’s fault, that is because they are trying to get the extremely limited ones that every other store on the planet is also trying to get.

8. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Don't worry, some of these same folks will be complaining the Monday after RSD about the Bullmoose website being so hard to access.

Trace likes this.
  9. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Cool. Thanks for posting.

10. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

no kidding. i can FINALLY get a good night's sleep!!

johnnybrum likes this.
  11. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

It is indeed that version.

From the German list: Bob Dylan, Masters of War, 7", Track taken from the 1963 album “The Freewheelin”, remixed for 2018 by French DJ/producer ‘The Avener’.

Richard--W likes this.
  12. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

Oh well, that ends my interest in this release. Just found the video on YouTube. Not awful, but an unnecessary update of a classic, in my opinion.

EDIT - edited to add that, having now finished it, I think that it is pretty awful. No idea why anyone thought this was a good idea.

dkmonroe, jimhb, Subvet and 2 others like this.
  13. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

Really looking forward to the Daptone Records & Colemine Records releases for RSD.

mantis4tons, superstar19 and troggy like this.
  14. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

I couldn't agree more and if I want a different version of it I have plenty of Pearl Jam versions I like. This seems an odd release to me.

15. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Just. Plain. Awful.

johnnybrum likes this.
  16. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I like it, thanks for posting. Might buy a copy if I see it. I'd like to hear more of this sort of thing, especially if it helped expose Bob's songs to a wider audience.

1ifbyrain2ifbytrain likes this.
  17. DrewMeyer

DrewMeyer Forum Resident

I mean I would understand a slight markup for that but $38 for a single LP is still outrageous

18. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Look at what the original goes for in great shape...I have an original in excellent shape all around, but I am looking very hard at this. One of my favorite Stones albums. My main question is how will this sound, what type of master...

19. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Feedback on the Clapton - Complete box...finally listened to some of mine yesterday for the first time. I would stay far away from this release, it sounds ok, but its such a odd compilation...example - take a look at the songs that make up side 7...

If I would not have gotten a promo of this when it came out, there is no way I would spend the money on it. Not much of a compilation listener to classic artists like this, unless firing up some tunes for an outdoor BBQ...I think the only thing different about it, is that it includes a 7"...

20. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Thanks for clearing that up, guys.

Oh my gosh.
    "Eve of Destruction" by Barry McGuire would have fit the imagery better.

Now I understand why the single is for Europe only.

21. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

It's a really strange version and, as I said, I can't understand why they thought it was a good idea. At first it just seemed like it was just a punchier version with heavier bass and louder music (through my headphones at least) but the longer it went on, the worse it got (IMHO) and the more the new stuff got in the way of the most important part - the lyrics. At least I've found out what it is now and can save myself a purchase on or after RSD.

Richard--W likes this.
  22. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

Because they're The Rolling Stones and they can charge any damn price they please. Remember the crazy price for the "Ride 'Em On Down" 10" last year? It's still available in every record store I visit.

Mind you, I'm not trying to be a smartass with my answer. I've loved the Stones since '64 and you bet I'm going to be buying the overpriced TSMR on April 21st. But I'm a realist and I've long ago made my peace with the band's avaricious ways. :shrug:

Christopher B likes this.
  23. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

I don't think Jagger and co. have anything to say about a TSMR list price.

tinnox likes this.
  24. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

I don't think there's a single thing involving The Rolling Stones that Jagger doesn't sign off on. Whatever the case, I'll still be buying it.

Spadeygrove likes this.
  25. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

ya I had satanic majesties on my maybe list but saw that price and immediately crossed it out. guess I should known given that 10" price as mentioned above. the kinda stuff that gives RSD a bad name and why I am still shocked at the pink Floyd price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.