Jethro Tull – Heavy Horses: New Shoes Edition, 5-disc set (9 February 2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The DVD disc 2 marks look to be some kind of stain on the back perhaps from assembly in the cardboard sleeve from ink that wasn’t complete dry before the DVD was inserted. That or a combination of the sleeve and ink on the label side of the disc. My copy is effected by this too. Anyone else going to exchange theirs and hopefully get one that’s not blotched?

shadlet likes this.
  2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I intend to try once I have time to figure out how to contact the label/manufacturer, or wait for some kind of announcement comes out from them acknowledging the problem and giving details how to exchange it etc. Or I'll be happy to keep it if they at least tell us what the issue is and confirm that it will not degrade over time/will play fine etc etc etc....

3. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Not really, since not many of the Berne tracks made it to Bursting Out.

4. shadlet

shadlet Forum Resident

Could I ask from which seller?
    Thanks.....

5. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

The 2003 was the only reference to HH bef0re picking up the remix too. While it was rather thin sounding, I always knew there was room for improvement once we all knew the remix was coming. Same can be said for Songs from the Wood as well. The remix certainly sounds a lot more immersive. :)

milco likes this.
  6. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

My perfect disc was from amazon.uk, it's been in and out of the sleeve over half a dozen times now, still no signs of scuffing...

7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

+1.

8. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Mine is at least 4 days away :realmad:

9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I sent a message (about the DVD) to Rhino via the Contact Us link on their site. I got a message back indicting I should send an e-mail to [email protected], so I did. No response yet.

10. milco

milco Forum Resident

Funnily enough, I ordered the basic, CD-only version of the SW remix of 'Songs from the wood' from Amazon a couple of days ago. It was a bit of a risk because at that stage I hadn't received my box-set copy of 'Heavy horses'. Now that I have heard and greatly enjoyed the HH remix, and with your ringing endorsement of the SFTW remix, I am looking forward to hearing it!

FVDnz likes this.
  11. The performances are so similar that what few differences exist make no significant impact on my listening experience.

geodos and Kim Olesen like this.
  12. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

My DVD 2 plays without flaw.

13. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Just listened to the audience recorded show from Berlin May 18 1978 and he used the "good shake" line there too.

electronicpaperboy and Keith V like this.
  15. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Yes, the previous standalone CDs also had bonus tracks (though not all of them by lack of space in some cases)..

Keith V likes this.
  16. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Thanks. I was afraid Amazon made a mistake about the single HH cd. Good news for me. I can’t digest all these deluxe sets anymore but I’ll be happy to get the studio stuff, and the remix of course.

17. ChrisH

ChrisH Forum Resident

'and every night his act's the same'

Crush Everything, Bonddm and Keith V like this.
  18. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Ian can say anything he likes. He’s there for his countless amount of awesome songs :cool:

Runicen and folkfreak like this.
  19. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Disappointingly, though, Too Old To Rock 'n Roll's bonus tracks were not the outtakes/additional songs. Merely remixed tracks from the original album. But that's what I get for not buying the book on that one....

Keith V likes this.
  20. ranasakawa

ranasakawa Forum Resident

Another fantastic box set!
    I’m enjoying this very much

21. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Wish the live set on the DVD wasn't just audio. Could the content of the two dvd's have all fit on one DVD9?

22. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Is there no video in this box? Msg might be on stormwatch

23. Galeans

Galeans Forum Resident

It won't. MSG is a stand alone release and it wouldn't fit with the Stormwatch years anyway.

24. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

There are two video clips and animated picture galleries going with the audio.

25. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

They are both double-layer DVDs already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.