If Jim lived, would he have come back to The Doors?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Doctor, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Of
    Course.

2. Andrew J

Andrew J Forum Resident

Jim wouldn't have lived. If he hadn't have died in 1971, he

3. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

Doubt Jim had any clear sense what his next move truly was, he was not all that together or so grounded at the end, he was taking a break from it all. Unfortunately, he died before he could recover and decide what he wanted to do with his life.

Doggiedogma and PacificOceanBlue like this.
  4. AlexDelarge

AlexDelarge Forum Resident

Just found this thread and I have never seen these pictures. I assume that is s super 8 Pam is holding in the first picture. Surely she took footage of Jim on that day. Has any of that film evere surfaced? I also remember reading on the night he died, earlier that evening Jim and Pam were reviewing film/slides they had took while traveling. Have any of those ever surfaced?

5. AlexDelarge

AlexDelarge Forum Resident

Just found this thread and I have never seen these pictures. I assume that is s super 8 Pam is holding in the first picture. Surely she took footage of Jim on that day. Has any of that film evere surfaced? I also remember reading on the night he died, earlier that evening Jim and Pam were reviewing film/slides they had took while traveling. Have any of those ever surfaced?

6. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Yes and we would eventually get the Doors disco album we were waiting for.

7. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

I am always draw to the doll/angel over Jims head in that picture

Dodoz likes this.
  8. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

Had he come back most of the material on that album would've been nixed he rejected a song or two in the LA Woman sessions I believe.. whether they ended up on the next two albums I don't know

9. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

Exactly man. I say that all the time. There's this myth that Jim was fat when he died (even one of the firemen who found him in the bathtub said so) and he wasn't at all. Jeez, I wish i was fat like that, ha!

The problem with Jim's death is that there is a blur in the chronology and there always will be. People saw him at the Rock n' Roll Circus and he probably OD'd there. But was it the night when he died or (as one theory has it) the night BEFORE he died? The fact that his death wasn't made public right away probably confused people "Oh yeah, he was at the Circus that night" when it could have been the night before. But it's another thread.

California Couple and zphage like this.
  10. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

There is a blur in the chronology, that much is obvious... but I truly believe the story circulating in Paris since the event happened and ever since that Morrison OD'd at the Rock n' Roll Circus sometime after 2am on July 3, 1971 - he snorted much purer heroin than he was used to because of a change in dealers - that he was declared dead on the scene by a punter/doctor, that his limp and lifeless body was carried out because the club owner didn't want trouble, he was brought to his apartment and that whoever did so put him in a hot bath to mask the time of death.

His death was announced in the early hours of July 3 at another nightclub in Paris by DJ Cameron Wilson, after being informed of such by two unknown gentlemen... before anyone at large even knew of his demise!!!

I don't believe Morrison would have returned to The Doors had he lived... mainly because he wasn't going to live much longer anyway; he was having violent coughing fits, spitting up blood, and his continued alcohol/drug use was poisoning his system irreparably... the guy was a goner.

Best (and probably the most accurate) article I've ever read on his last days;

L.A. Woman And The Last Days Of Jim Morrison

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    john lennonist and Doggiedogma like this.
  11. ToddH

ToddH Forum Resident

I think trim and in better shape is misleading here. He had pneumonia while in Paris. From everything I have read he had a hard time walking up stairs because of the strain on his lungs.

12. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

IF is a big word

Jimmy B. likes this.
  13. PIGGIES

PIGGIES Forum Resident

Wasn't that An American Prayer? :)

14. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

Interesting article; Did they really arrange those last 2 shows that quickly? I seem to remember seeing ads for one of the shows; seems like a tall order to pull together in 48 hours.

15. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Possibly, I never have heard it. Perhaps for the better? :D

16. bizmopeen

bizmopeen Senior Member

Jim who?

17. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

Hard to say. At the crux of the problem was a massive crippling addiction(s), poor overall health, mental instability, and a medium to high deathwish. Coming out of that massive crater would have had to predicated any serious work, especially with other musicians of limitied patience. I don't see good things having happened had Morrison survived Paris.

Dodoz likes this.
  18. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

Wasn Ian Ashbury from the Cult really considered to play him for the 1990 movie?

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

of course.. he was the Doors...

20. rjp

rjp Senior Member

if god is all-powerful can he make a rock that he himself cannot lift?

California Couple likes this.
  21. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

This alternative death theory was discussed in Mick Wall's Doors bio (which, overall, I liked)...here's my review of it --> The Rock and Roll Chemist: BOOK REVIEW: Love Becomes a Funeral Pyre: A Biography of the Doors

Not sure what I conclusively believe but I will say this alternate theory is entirely plausible and wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility (especially where Jim is concerned) at all.

The Hermit likes this.
  22. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I think so.

23. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

so has anyone ever interviewed Robin Wertle, Jim and Pam’s 19-year old assistant?

24. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

How did Morrison get back into such good shape? Didn't he balloon up to about 250 lbs at one point?

25. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Haven't read it yet; what was Wall's opinion of the alternative death theory, and what did he write to back up his belief?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.