What Artists/Albums Do You Love But Are Embarrassed Of?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by StevenC, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i don't know a lot of asia stuff, but i always loved heat of the moment

RangerXT and SG47 like this.
  2. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Kings of the Wild Frontier will always be one of my all time favourite albums, a desert island disc above many of the established classics.

I'm not saying this to be different or to put down the classics. Kings was my first LP when I was six years old and I've heard it more as well as liked it longer than any other album. Luckily, most of it still holds up well as an inventive pop album.

mark winstanley likes this.
  3. mark winstanley

i still consider it a great album on so many levels. it certainly broke a lot of ground, in my opinion. it's a shame they made the band rush into the next album to hang onto the sales, because they weren't quite ready ("you've gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people, we're so happy we can hardly count")

Man at C&A likes this.
  4. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

Not an album, but I doubt I'd play "Mandy" by Barry Manilow or "Muskrat Love" by The Captain and Tennille (both are guilty pleasures of mine) in front of a girl I was just starting to date! :laugh:

5. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

No embarrassment from me. 4 great albums and a ton of excellent mixes :cheers:

6. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I like "Run Joey Run."

Thread closed!

7. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

I am to old too old give a rip. You will see my Frank Sinatra collection right by Slayer, AC/DC is on the same shelf as Louis Armstrong, Bon Jovi (yes, Bon Jovi) is beside Bowie, etc. My wallet says I am into way too many genres of music. You will find jazz and blues from as early as the 1920's up through jazz fusion, some classical, bluegrass, country, R&B, soul, funk, early through "classic" rock, metal (yes, this includes some 80's hair metal), and evan some "electronic" music (recently got into Brian Eno) in my collection. There is likely some stuff I did not include above in there also. I think rap and hip-hop are one of the few areas that has never interested me. I say listen to, enjoy, and openly celebrate whatever it is you like.

Terrapin Station and Andrew J like this.
  8. JMCIII

JMCIII Music lover first, audiophile second.

I've been a Parrot Head since way back. Own most of Jimmy's albums (the early one on vinyl). Still enjoy him. Embarrassed? No, not really. Just not something I publicize.....lol

9. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

fine, ill say it:

[​IMG]

there.... stop staring at me.

10. Meyer

Meyer Heavy Metal Parking Lot Resident

We can't be friends if you don't agree that the hook in Der Kommissar is one of the greatest contributions to music in the past 500 years.

And Rock Me Amadeus is the bomb.

RIP, Falco.

11. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

The Carpenters A Song For You (album).

I like the music on the album, but the cover is completely different than anything else I own.

12. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Not embarrassed by one record I own or one group I like.

13. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

Same here. I once won $100 because I bet someone I owned at least 5 Polka LP's and they called me on it. I spent the $100 on more vinyl - just not Polka music lol ;)

Drifter likes this.
  14. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

I have thoroughly despised The Sound of Music soundtrack since Mom bought it on release.
    I'm embarrassed to admit I own a NM original Mono and Stereo with booklets intact.

rockerreds likes this.
  15. Crimson jon

Crimson jon Forum Resident

Fall out boy.....cork tree and infinity on high. It is not cool to like emo but those two albums still get plays in my car because I love the melodies and distorted guitar goodness.

16. zen

zen Senior Member

I guess someone could be embarrassed to enjoy great melodies and musicianship.

17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

That as well as the image becoming more pantomime and 'showbiz' (appearing on the Royal Variety Show and Cannon & Ball) didn't do Adam any good for long term credibility, along with breaking up the band. I still like the Prince Charming album though, along with most of Adam's music. I've seen him live several times over the last few years and he's still got it. He puts on a good show, pleasing the pop fans and the more alternative fans of his early stuff.

18. kendo

kendo Forum Resident

I was taken to see that dreck three times* in one week by my parents when it first came on the cinema. I do not, however, own or have any desire whatsoever to own the album...ever.

(*No wonder I'm twisted!)

:)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    MrSka57 likes this.
  19. savemenow

savemenow Forum Resident

BEE GEES

I was only afraid to say it, not embarrassed. During their heyday, I was mostly into Rock/Hard Rock. Guess that made me a "closet" Bee Gees fan, I suppose. Main Course is still one of my many favorite albums.

20. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

Well, there’s that hack J.S. Bach—I got ridiculed enough for having albums of his compositions, I finally had to hide them in the basement.

21. mark winstanley

i don't mind prince charming, i just think it's a bit patchy. i thought friend or foe was great. never got to see a show

Man at C&A likes this.
  22. Isamet

Isamet Forum Resident

The Partridge Family

23. Hoover Factory

Hoover Factory Old Dude Who Knows Things

People who know my musical tastes are surprised that I like the Carpenters. But I’m not ashamed of it. Karen Carpenter had an amazingly, beautiful voice and I find Richard Carpenter’s production quite inventive. The fact they were a MOR pop act is irrelevant to me.

24. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Nothing except Gary Glitter and that's nothing to do with the music. I haven't played them in a while. I moved house about a year ago and I don't want my neighbours hearing me playing him!

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

can't think of any...but, then that would mean one actually cares what other ppl think...can't get my head around that one...yes, I'm not going to like an artist because it's not cool or if I do I'll be embarrassed if you find out? good gosh! LOL...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.