Neil Young Paradox Soundtrack Out 04/20/18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FrankieFontaine, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Well, I pre-ordered the vinyl and the CD (even though they are a little higher priced than usual) but my Spidey-sense is tingling like a mofo in regards to this release.

Syscrusher likes this.
  3. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

That would be amazing. I remember when Gabriel did the Scratch Your Back project, he covered songs and requested that those artists cover him back. Most did except for the 3 I most wanted to hear. Neil, Bowie, and Radiohead.

Also, I wonder if this soundtrack will go live on the archives on release day?

gregorya likes this.
  4. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

It’s showing on the timeline so I’d assume so

5. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Neil Young overproduction h8ters gotta work overtime to keep up with bashing our wild Canadian boy! Go Neil!

6. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

“Paradox (Original Music From The Film) is the accompanying music to Darryl Hannah’s directorial debut movie of the same name. The movie stars Neil Young, members of Promise Of the Real and other family and friends. The album is a live performance record featuring Neil Young + Promise Of The Real, and is essentially a “soundtrack” to the movie.”

Looking forward to this, will be good to hear POTR versions of Peace Trail songs. Also looks like physical release has moved up to April 13th now

7. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

:rolleyes:

8. Stone Turntable

It's better to burn out than to roll your eyes
    Hey hey, my my

:hugs:

9. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

It's better to stoke the fire than let it burn out :).

footlooseman and Stone Turntable like this.
  10. Stone Turntable

That seems like a pretty good motto for Neil Young's unstoppable approach to continually releasing new stuff, let the chips fall where they may.

DTK likes this.
  11. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

the movie is out tomorrow on netflix.

12. yasujiro

yasujiro Senior Member

Neil’s 1995 effort for DEAD MAN was the masterpiece composed in a very distinctive way. So was the film. It was the ‘last' Western flick.
    But the score was made in the unrepeatable manner.

L.P., Syscrusher and stef1205 like this.
  13. qtrules

qtrules Forum Resident

not tomorrow, sorry.

march 23rd.

14. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream" Thread Starter

Trailer link below, looks and sounds pretty cool!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Syscrusher, Zeki, Spadeygrove and 3 others like this.
  15. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

I'm sure there is a simple explanation, but if anyone knows I'd love to learn why the PARADOX 2LP set retails on NY's site at $39.98, while the also about-to-be-released ROXY - TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT LIVE 2LP set is a much cheaper $25.98. I'll still be getting both, but am just curious as to the reason for this sort of price discrepancy.

16. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

I feel like this movie is probably going to be pretty bad as far as acting and story goes, but I'm hoping that the musical performances are strong enough to make it watchable.

ExHead and Boswell like this.
  17. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

You've seen Human Highway.....haven't you???

That clip made me consider cancelling my Netflix Subscription.....

18. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Amount of pressings?

19. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Paradox (Original Music from the Film) | Neil Young

Track times are up on Qobuz. I’m hoping Cowgirl Jam is an excerpt from Cowgirl in the Sand. The version he did with POTR in Leeds in 2016 was stunning so a 10 minute excerpt of a performance like that would be fantastic

Alan57 and FourWalledWorld like this.
  20. About 40 minutes of music it appears.Some songs like Show Me only fragments.Get ready to push FF button to miss dialogue excerpts.

21. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Well, you just go ahead and do that, I’ve heard Stranger Things happen. Time to reconsider and just not watch the thing instead?

22. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

Hannah has worked much more extensively than Neil on actual honest to goodness film production. It might be a step up for a Shakey film

bonus likes this.
  23. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

Shouldn't we wait until the movie has actually been released?

Zeki likes this.
  24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Wondering if it has to do with the way the album was mastered and type of pressing (at least I hope that's the case)...I was not that crazy about the way they did Harvest Moon on vinyl, not bad though...

25. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

Don't worry, I will watch it and will hope that it is good, but I'm perfectly entitled to express doubts about it. A whimsical retro-futurist western starring musicians and made by Darryl Hannah just doesn't fill me with much confidence. It could be a fun little movie, but I think that it will be the musical performances that make or break it rather than the story or acting.

footlooseman, Boswell and Nielsoe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.