Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I did too! Nice isn't it? :)

latheofheaven and 500Homeruns like this.
  2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Wow !!!! My 2012 Twilight Zone set cost me $130.00, and that was a Lightning Deal !!!
    VERY HIGHLY recommended.

Tedw9, latheofheaven and lightbulb like this.
  4. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

:agree:

I'm waiting for a SDE with better packaging, how about a box shaped like this: :p

[​IMG]

5. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

I had just bought the dvd set a couple of weeks ago. Ugh!

6. Myke

The Blu-rays look nearly 3D !!!

Tedw9 and latheofheaven like this.
  7. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Only if your reaction is not too Shatner...

mick_sh likes this.
  8. latheofheaven

Just placed my order. It will be here Friday. THANK YOU for letting us know! :righton:

I read further on the comments, and this is not the original Paramount set, but it is put out by Image. However, the reviewer said that the content is all the same. I got the impression that the new box is likely simpler. You guys who paid more earlier (like with the original box of Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery) probably have a much nicer box and packaging.

***EDIT

The reviewer said that the Paramount box which is pictured on the page is not what you get, just so you know...

lightbulb likes this.
  9. Myke

Reviews on Amazon don't always match the item being sold. :tsk: My 2012 is the IMAGE set. This is the 2016 Paramount set, as seen here :

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series Blu-ray

latheofheaven and lightbulb like this.
  10. latheofheaven

Yeah, I know... FWIW, I ordered the reviews by most recent, so I guess the guy who had just ordered it recently got a different set than what is pictured. But, like you say, that may not apply to everyone.

11. Myke

You're still not getting it...Amazon will post reviews of similar products on the wrong merch pages.
    Blu-ray.com doesn't make those mistakes, as it's affiliated with Amazon, and the proper links to the proper products $ells !!!!

I've seen Amazon have reviews on products that haven't been released yet.:laugh:

lightbulb and latheofheaven like this.
  12. latheofheaven

Oh, I see... Thanks Myke. Yeah, Blu-ray.com is very dependable. It is THE go-to site for reviews and information!

Myke likes this.
  13. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Best Of Moog: Electronic Pop Hits From The 60's & 70's:

On Amazon there is a new copy for sale of this rare OOP Moog CD compilation. This is a nice compilation to get your feet wet with this kind of music as well as those who like this kind of music there are some rare tracks that only appear on this CD from some more obscure artists. I have this CD myself and like it a lot. Sound is fine. There are liner notes by the late Bob Moog. This CD is on Loud Records from 1999. Rarely does this CD come up at a good price like this especially in new condition:

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Best Of Moog: Electronic Pop Hits From The 60's & 70's

hutlock and Shawn like this.
  14. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I should have posted the price of the CD in my prior post but forgot. The price was $9.99 but it looks like it has sold. Sorry for any confusion.

Shawn likes this.
  15. gospelfish

gospelfish Forum Resident

16. Great pricing on a Bear Family CD, which I never see on sale. Christmas On The Countryside: 27 Honky Tonkin' Christmas Country Songs is available at the moment for $7.45.

This just came out back in November. I can vouch it's a quality compilation if you enjoy classic country Christmas songs.

"Including a rare EP version of the Johnny Cash classic It Was Jesus, one of the 'Radio broadcast' jewels by Hank Snow, and an originally unissued Marty Robbins master. Famous Christmas songs like Silent Night and White Christmas are featured here by Country legends such as Eddy Arnold, Red Foley and Tennessee Ernie Ford.Also included is a rare track by Eddie Cletro, and an early Western song by the late great Gene Autry!"

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Countryside-Honky-Tonkin-Country/dp/B075K2P3D6

Now is a great time to clean up on Christmas music that has been discounted - I also recommend this fine $2.99 CD compilation from Sony Legacy. This happens to be an add-on item, so you need about $23 in other product to order it.

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Country-Various-Artists/dp/B000BU0C7U

17. jcure

jcure Forum Resident

Anyone interested in the Christmas in the Country CD add on item can order it using Alexa on an Amazon device or (I believe) Alexa enabled app. Definitely works with the Echo by saying some variation of "Alexa order Christmas in the Country CD."

This should work for any add on item without needing to hit the $25 threshold.

18. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

imarcq, hutlock and lightbulb like this.
  19. It was me who bought it, so a big thanks for pointing it out as this is a tough disc to find! :righton:

Platterpus likes this.
  20. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Does anyone know how this compares to an RCA Dynaflex record from the late 70's?

I still have mine from then in great shape, should put it on and see how clean it sounds, but I don't remember it as having problems.

21. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

This new remaster is great!

Kubricker and floyd like this.
  22. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks! That was the only nudge I needed. Ordered!

imarcq likes this.
  23. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

:edthumbs:

floyd and imarcq like this.
  24. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

What's the sound like on this LP? Had a hard time finding a thread that mentions this pressing.