Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

My two, too. Now there’s only two other all-time bargains yet to come.

2. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

3. Plonk77

Plonk77 Forum Resident

Yes me as well - I’ve still got Spanish Moog on order and the Gram of Boogie box set to go. It’s great that they generally honour the pricing - unlike the Amazon Italians!

Mlle. Aurora likes this.
  4. Plonk77

Plonk77 Forum Resident

5. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Great, thanks. Even better, it’s out of stock, so order now at this price and either take it when it eventually comes or change your mind st will.

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

That’s the ones! Am also enjoying the Puccio Roelens.

The Italians made a mistake and lumped new (and interesting) releases with the ones they intended to offer cheaply. I’m not convinced that these prices from U.K. were actually an error -for example, Gram of Boogie is still around 6.5 quid.

Amazon UK have never been behind the door about coming forward and cancelling mistakes.

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

For about two seconds. I ordered it and now it’s 53 quid again.

8. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Even better. They’ve already stuck it in autorip which allows me to decide whether I really want it.

Unfortunately it’s already doubled in price and more again (see above).

9. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

10. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

The Discogs entry for this LP says it's AAA and cut by Kevin Gray.

myles and latheofheaven like this.
  11. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Which album is this now please...?

12. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Pete Drake

13. latheofheaven

Ah, thanks!

14. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

Mine arrived last night. What a bargain!

15. Almost Simon

So 4 and half months after ordering this my copy arrived today. I'd completely forgotten I'd ordered it, had to check back my order from 1st November - double vinyl, £5.40.

Quite apt it should arrive on a Sunday afternoon. After a morning playing a few Joni albums this morning i've now slipped this on the turntable. Really enjoyed the first side, perfect Sunday afternoon listen :cool:

hutlock and imarcq like this.
  16. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Yes it's quite good isn't it? Mine came a while back now, but still after a couple months waiting! :)

latheofheaven and Almost Simon like this.
  17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

18. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Dylan mono box has dropped by another 0.91p.

19. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

"Not Now" records. Which means copyright expiration release. Which means no access to actual masters, and no royalties to anyone who made the music.

Which means for me, not now, and not ever. No point to a vinyl release mastered from CDs.

black sheriff likes this.
  20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Except when it’s cheap?

I have Nina Simone and Peggy Lee on Not Now Records. Both pressed on coloured vinyl. Both play perfectly without the slightest tick, causing you to wonder why, when I pay top whack for major releases from major companies, they can’t press a perfect record.

Not only that, but they both sound excellent. I have a 1962 original Peggy Lee to compare with and they’re equally good.

I take your point about CD on vinyl but these were less than 10GBP, look great and play perfectly and satisfy me in so far as I like owning records and putting records on the turntable.

I haven’t played a CD in several years and often can’t even be bothered taking the wrapping off them.

If my Not Now LPs are little more than CD in vinyl form, well, that’s one way of getting me to play them.

21. Almost Simon

Have you attempted to use the MP3 download code with the vinyl? I listened side 3 of the record today and loved it. There's a few tunes on their I need to add to my chilled out mp3 playlist. I tried downloading, it was successful but the file only has sides 1,2 and 4 of the album. :confused: Will have to contact them.

Lovely album btw, superb!

22. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

No sorry I haven't tried to download. I have a huge pile of cards that I'll probably never get round to! Good luck with getting the missing side. You could always do a needledrop if you have the wires! :)

latheofheaven and Almost Simon like this.
  23. Almost Simon

Ha ha, might need to. Trying to find a way to contact the site is impossible. No email address or any contact details on their website. Nevermind. I shall get there. Thanks!

imarcq likes this.
  24. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Great idea. A vinyl LP made from a CD master. Maybe record it to 8-track as an intermediate format, then compress it back down to mp3. No need to stop at just two conversions that add noise and coloration.

25. latheofheaven

Don't forget the Edison Cylinder... You missed the most important step...

IIRC, Steve had some pretty trick setups with one.

imarcq likes this.