New Allman Brothers Band Deluxe ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belardd, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

+ Jimmy Herring

2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Good catch

3. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

I would be surprised if they did that. I think the reissue with the "Beginnings" mix is probably all we'll ever get.

4. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I good with anything ABB related, but heard at one point that an At Fillmore West set was a possibility, which would be nice.

ssmith3046 and allbrosca like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Me good too. :winkgrin:

WarEagleRK likes this.
  6. pool_of_tears

Me three, but I have a wish list :)

I know there’ll never be expanded editions of the 2 Arista albums, as I doubt there are any outtakes. Live sets from 1980 and 1981, I could enjoy those.

7. Kingsley Fats

Yes any live sets from the Dan Toler, Jack Pearson &/or Jimmy Herring eras would be nice.

footlooseman and pool_of_tears like this.
  8. pool_of_tears

Hear hear!

Kingsley Fats likes this.
  9. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

The 79-81 era isn't highly regarded, but surely a solid live set could be compiled using the high points of different shows. It'd at least be something a bit different...as long as the core of Gregg, Dickey, Butch & Jamioe are there, I'd listen to it. It'd be interesting to hear what all the different 2nd guitarists brought to the material.

footlooseman and Kingsley Fats like this.
  10. pool_of_tears

I regard it highly. It’s not as great as the 69-75 or 89-97 eras, but still very good

11. Kingsley Fats

I've heard a couple of bootlegs/youtubes from this era & apart from some inappropriate & unnecessary keyboard wanking from Mike Lawler they hold up very nicely.
    It is always nice to hear the difference a different 2nd guitarists brings to the material. There is also some material that got little or no airing down the track.
    I don't think Gregg Allman was at a healthy point in his life at this stage & his vocals are not as strong as they were or would become.

12. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Great era, and unfairly forgotten/maligned.

13. ian christopher

ian christopher Argentina (in Spirit)

Also love the albums with a pianist -- Brothers and Sisters and Seven Turns.

pool_of_tears and Kingsley Fats like this.
  14. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

15. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Yeah, which is why I think a compilation would serve listeners much better. I'd also like to hear stuff from Jack Pearson's time with the band as well.

16. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

If there's going to be something for the first album it will be next year and likely as a 50 year copyright extension release. Lots of big things are cooking for next year since 1969 was 50 years ago.

17. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

A live album or 3 CD live compilation from every tour released quarterly for the next several years would satisfy me.

PhoffiFozz and Kingsley Fats like this.
  18. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

Shades of Two Worlds would be ideal if only to make the original album readily available again on CD at a reasonable price (remastered to accentuate Tom Dowd's splendid production!), while the inclusion of some studio outtakes, along with live material from around release date, would make a fine package indeed!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

4 copies of the Japanese CD : Buy The Allman Brothers Band - Shades Of Two Worlds (CD) at Discogs Marketplace
    4 US CDs : Buy The Allman Brothers Band - Shades Of Two Worlds (CD) at Discogs Marketplace
    5 more US CDs : Buy Allman Brothers Band* - Shades Of Two Worlds (CD) at Discogs Marketplace
    14 more on Discogs, for a total of 27 copies on one site alone.

Shouldn't be hard to get a copy at all.

20. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I reckon I'm going to be all over the roy buchanan.
    I'll have to see what allman brothers comes along

21. makedatmusic

makedatmusic Forum Resident

I would love a Super Deluxe Edition of "Eat A Peach", mostly because I want a Blu-Ray included with the original 1970s Quadraphonic mix of the album and either the 2004 5.1 surround mix (from the SACD) or a new 5.1 surround mix like the one included on "Idlewild South"

:)

jlf, Steel Horse, rd1 and 3 others like this.
  22. I still haven’t bought the Fox Box on CD and lately with all this talk of ABB, I’ve been thinking about it more and more. I know it’s not a deluxe box but what’s the consensus on it?

Off topic: Now playing Led Zeppelin How The West Was Won Blu-ray Audio in glorious high definition stereo w/photo scrap book on the accompanying video. I liked the 2003 DVD-Audio, but this far outdoes it in the SQ dept. So damn sweet!

23. makedatmusic

makedatmusic Forum Resident

If "Eat A Peach" is released as a Super Deluxe Edition this year, then next year should be "Enlightened Rogues" (40th anniversary edition) and 2020 should be "Win, Lose, or Draw" (45th anniversary edition)

:)

David Johnson likes this.
  24. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

Fox Box is arguable peak of final ABB lineup and the most recent edition has slightly improved sound plus markedly better package graphics.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  25. Kingsley Fats

I have hundred of the Instant Live/Peach Records/Munck Music 2004 to 2014 live recordings. To argue that the Fox Box is a peak is nonsense.
    The Fox Box sound is slightly improved but I would not describe the packaging as better. In fact I'd describe it as poor.

ssmith3046 and Myke like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.