Gotham-Batman Prequel Series on Fox, Fall 2014

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wayne Hubbard

Wayne Hubbard Forum Resident

I wouldn't say there is no Batman in the series. From
    this sneek peek for the second half of season 4 released
    yesterday, it looks like young Bruce's transformation into
    Batman (Batboy?) will continue.

Nice to see Jerome/Joker returning. I hope they don't
    overuse him though.

Lonson likes this.
  2. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Next season just started. I have to say as it's been pointed out before, it's too bad the actor who plays Bruce is not very good. It just kills any scene he's in.

John K.

3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I’ve stuck with it for 3.5 seasons but I think I am finally ready to say “I’m out”.

Ethan B likes this.
  4. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Caught the 1st episode of the new season yesterday, thought it was pretty good EXCEPT for you know who!;) Jeez, they've re-cast the Ivy character 3 times, they should have no problem dumping Bruce!

Paper Wizard, Shawn and thegage like this.
  5. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Love this show, especially the steam-punk look and feel - although it also has a '40s vibe to me as well

Paper Wizard likes this.
  6. Paul J

Paul J Forum Resident

The Alfred and waitress thing made no sense, him attacking the abusive boyfriend was sort of out of nowhere, and who didn’t know that he signed her death warrant. It had nothing to do with any narrative.

Also, did I miss something with Poison Ivy? Was the whole pod thing in or alluded to in the prior season?

The show missed the Penguin, and the preview teased The Joker, hopefully next week.

7. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I thought it was very in character myself. He's feeling pretty fugged up, frustrated, angry and lost from his bust up with Bruce, so he really appreciates the waitress' kindness - and we know he is readily capable of extreme violence

I was wondering the same thing, I can't remember how we'd left Ivy before the mid-season break...

Shawn likes this.
  8. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

She ate a bunch herbs.. which I think is really over the top..
    On the Plus side she is really, really... lethal and deadly.. which I love.
    I hope she kills tabby and Barbara

9. That Alfred story-line did seem sloppy in its execution. I suspect parts of it were dropped or edited out to meet time constraints.

This show has never had a good handle on Poison Ivy and even this third iteration is kind of weird.

10. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes, but it's Peyton List. I can live with her in the role. I'm still really enjoying this show. It's got the right amount of whack. And the actor playing Bruce doesn't bother me any more than any of the other actors--they're all over the top.

11. Mirrorblade.1

I wish Grundy or Ivy would Kill.. Barbra ..
    She is a useless character..

12. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Kid playing Bruce is finally becoming a better actor (Not fantastic, but better) . really enjoying the season. The nuttier it gets, the better!

Shawn likes this.
  13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Yep. Been a great season, possibly the best so far!

Shawn and Lonson like this.
  14. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

+1. It's getting weirder and wilder. . . which is better!

I really enjoy Barbara, so I'm glad they still have her undead and now the Demon's Head.

Paper Wizard likes this.
  15. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

She's not useless, she's the Demon's Head.

Lonson likes this.
  16. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

I enjoy this show very much. Only weak link is Bruce.....

17. Mirrorblade.1

Till somebody cuts off her head or hand..
    Or something else.:D

18. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

Well if the ole switcheroo wasn't the most predictable thing in television since the last M. Night Shyamalan movie I watched.

19. Cameron Monaghan (the actor who plays The Joker) should at least get nominated for an Emmy.

jeffgt14 and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  20. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Tellyawhat, been a Batman fan for over 50 yrs! This season has been one of the best all time 'Bat-tales' that I've experienced! In particular I've got to give special credit to Cameron Monaghan for giving us the successor to Heath Ledger's Joker. No easy feat. He channels Ledger and actually takes it to the next level (I think I see flashes of Nicholson in his portrayal also!). They've managed to pull off an all time great Origin of the Joker tale. I'm glad to see he's sticking around! This show is a terrific example of a show that's hitting it's stride and is really firing on all cylinders. Can't believe I'm gonna say this but even Batboy (David Mazouz) did well this season. While I still don't see Batman when I look at him, unlike the young Catwoman, he at least is becoming an acceptable possibility. I actually buy him as Robin-ish, so maybe the kid WILL grow into those Bat-boots!;)

jeffgt14, Shawn and marmalade166 like this.
  21. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

So now Bruce is sportin' his very own Brucemobile ("where does he get those toys?")! Tellyawhat, Commisioner Gordon will have to be the most brain-dead cop on the planet to not figure out wassup once the big B shows up! Along with Bullock & Selina. It would be between him and the crack team of investigative journalists over at the Daily Planet as to who's the bigger fools. Actually, this is something I've always thought ever since I was a kid!;)

22. Mirrorblade.1

Some characters should been written off.. The Doc oh please.. so boring..
    The problem is there trying to fit too much in..
    And new characters should be brought in.. to make show better.
    Sadly Barbra only died for few seconds..
    I enjoy Ivy and Grundy..

Scott222C likes this.
  23. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

That was one of the most shameful product placements I've ever seen. A step by step show and tell of a car feature.
    Ugh.

24. It’s interesting, I think all of the villains in the show portrayed so far don’t hide behind a secret identity.

25. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Forum Resident

You ever watch White Collar? It'll break you.

smilin ed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.