‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. SurrealCereal

SurrealCereal Forum Resident

I’m excited about this. I’m a big fan of Tarantino and I love seeing this era depicted in film, so this sounds great to me. Plus, Tarantino seems to be a music fan as well as a filmmaker and a cinephile, so it’s probably going to have a great soundtrack as well.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Like the title.

Jason Manley likes this.
  4. alexpop

5. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

VERY hyped about this one!

6. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

Walton Goggins would be a great Mason, even if he's a bit old for the part. And in tradition of "Inglourious Basterds" they could kill him in the end.

Lightworker and alexpop like this.
  7. alexpop

Nice this film is still up and running and the whine generation couldn't pull the plug on it. Still think Tom Cruise would have been brilliant casting as a stunt double, although the height difference questionable with DiCaprio ..humour factor I guess.

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I hope Margot Robbie can turn in a performance that doesn't annoy me, this time. I'm still trying to shake off that awful Harley Quinn character and voice. I, Tanya didn't help, much. But she probably just has to lounge around in Sharon Tate's famous red bikini in the backyard, so... :righton:

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

In pre production.
    12 total in cast & crew so far.
    Released August,9th 2019..exactly 50 years after Manson Family did the dirty deed.

10. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I haven't really enjoyed a Tarantino movie since Death Proof. I liked pieces and parts of Basterds but both Django and Hateful kinda bored the crap out of me and I really wanted to like Hateful. Then I finally saw Kill Bill II for the first time and there was that wonderful wacko energy that was missing from these later films. Quentin says film making is a young person's game. Maybe in his case, it's true. Then again, I'm not the most mature person myself so maybe these later films just go over my head. I'm still intrigued to see what he might come up with next though. Probably always will be.

11. alexpop

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood " is supposed to be a return to Pulp Fiction I really think QT wants commercial success after H8, but I don't think it's going to anything like Kill Bill..unless Kato is involved.:)

12. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

I was a huge Tarantino fan at the start. The cracks started appearing in Kill Bill for me, although I did enjoy those, it's been painful since.
    Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt!? Please, somebody give me an amen; this guy is a terrible. If he had a face like a collapsed lung, he'd be working in my job.

13. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Awesome.

14. LitHum05

Do you if there has been a concerted effort to stop the film? It wouldn’t surprise me one bit given the culture of virtue signaling in the United States now. It’s a horrible and puritanical climate for Tarantino’s dark and edgy art.

15. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

billy wilder and Hitchcock created some masterpieces in their 50's-60's. Im optimistic, maybe he has another classic in him (the last one for me was basterds) Django was ok but Hateful 8 had me looking at my watch

Bender Rodriguez and Ghostworld like this.
  16. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Can you point me to anything remotely edgy or dark about Tarantino’s movies? I like his stuff, but he’s no Hitchcock. Everything is there on the surface, spelt out for you so you can’t miss it.

Hardy Melville likes this.
  17. LitHum05

Like Hitchcock, Tarantino focuses on the dark side of humanity (violent revenge narratives most of all). Everything is on the surface so long as you know your cinema history (especially European exploitation cinema). Not knowing this world of references—including specific visual quotations—does not spoil one’s fun because Tarantino is not a pretentious filmmaker. He is, though, a brilliant stylist with flair.

goodpickins and alexpop like this.
  18. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I hate to say it, but that is really an idea in bad taste.

Tokyo Ghost, Morpheus, maclen and 3 others like this.
  19. davebush

davebush New Test Leper

I'm excited by this movie (apparently, the script is terrific), but I'm predicting it doesn't get made.

20. alexpop

Sony has already gave QT money upfront $$$.

21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I was a huge QT fan until Kill Bill when he started overdoing blood scenes.

Excessive to the max.

Django was good till Leo got killed and it went down.

Hateful was boring.

I still think he has one more masterpiece left.

serj likes this.
  22. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

So who's Manson?

23. alexpop

The Wizard

24. alexpop

25. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

Have you watched "Aquarius"? It's set in the same period of time and basically about the same characters.

California Couple and alexpop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.