"London’s 8 best secret record shops"..?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by elmahranbird, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmahranbird

elmahranbird Forum Resident Thread Starter

john hp and Bingo Bongo like this.
  2. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

I think Lucky 7 is gone. Alan's Records is (IMO) the best record shop in London. Wide genre selection, everything is priced to sell, always in at least VG+ condition.

3. Willowman

Willowman Senior Member

Book & Record Bar in WeNo is my local.

Also worth checking in South London - Rolling in West Wickham, Action in Beckenham, Rat in Camberwell.

Robert C likes this.
  4. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

Also Sounds of the Suburbs in furthest West London is worth a visit if you're travelling via Heathrow.

Holowlegs likes this.
  5. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

6. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Yes! A great selection of single especially, and only 5 mins from my home (not sure if it's really on the way to Heathrow, though).

Holowlegs likes this.
  7. Airhead

Airhead Forum Resident

Pure Vinyl in Ferndale Road, Brixton is worth a visit. Opened recently it's stocking everything but Reggae. The owner can direct you to her partners shop in the arcade over the road for Reggae too. They used to both operate out of the arcade but the shop there is tiny and the new one on Ferndale is much bigger.

8. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

I'm in Eastcote :wave:

9. Airhead

Airhead Forum Resident

Thinking about it, if we got just the London members of this forum together for a swap meet we'd probably decimate sales in London record shops for a week :)

Robert C likes this.
  10. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Shout out for my local, Eel Pie Records in Twickenham. Only been open a year or two (or three?), but excellent..
    Eel Pie Records

11. Holowlegs

Holowlegs Senior Member

Agree not on the way to Heathrow, but only 5 mins from my houses as well. I do try and pop in most Saturdays for a browse, and normally come away with something.

Cheers Frank

Robert C likes this.
  12. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Yoo-hoo, I am in South Ruislip :wave:.

Also good in our area is Nightfly Records in Uxbridge. Some good prices. I wonder if they are Donald Fagen fans?

Robert C and Holowlegs like this.
  13. Holowlegs

Holowlegs Senior Member

Hello there

For all those in the Ruislip area I popped into Harrow Audio today and they have started selling vinyl, not a massive selection buy some nice reissues.

Also the Sounds of the Suburbs have a live Acoustic Set, from a group called Sha La Las.

Sounds of the Suburbs are pleased to announce a live acoustic performance in the shop by THE SHA LA LAS
    this unique show is part of the launch of their new single on #detourrecords.
    Anyone who's seen this band knows they are full of top quality Mod/soul tunes delivered with passion and brilliant musicianship, I am really looking forward to this intimate setting for what promises to be an unforgettable event.
    So don't be shy, come on down and be part of this, should be cds and records available to be signed as well.

Cheers Frank

Robert C likes this.
  14. Robert C

Robert C Forum Resident

Got all my hi-fi from Harrow, great shop.

Holowlegs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.