Newbury Comics turns 40!-40% off everything tomorrow only!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by zwolo, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I spent about $150. NC's retail prices tend to be a bit inflated above normal retail, but there's no doubt I saved a lot, mostly on records I was going to buy eventually anyway.

Almost all of the WLP LPs forum member and Norwood store manager (and that's the premier store in the system) had mentioned weren't put out for sale at this point.

But I did get an A&M US promo of Lover Speaks first album, the one that contains their sole hit, "No More I Love Yous".

I also got the Analog Sparks reissue of Nilsson Sings Newman [Randy] for $20.

I got several other things. I'm happy, though more than i should have spent.

2. RJ3000

RJ3000 Forum Resident

I took 40% off of 40% of King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard's 2017 output!

[​IMG]

3. AnalogJ

Anyone else with a report from going to NC's Anniversary Sale?

4. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

I went to Salem NH store, I got 100 bags unlimited bags for $11.99. Nothing I don't already have unfortunately. They had the excellent Trex EW rocktober lp along with the excellent ZZtops first album. They had all the Tull boxes too but I already have it all. Almost bought the Playback Box from Petty for $30 but I put it down and walked out with my bags. Norwood is like a 2.5 hour round trip for me.

5. AnalogJ

I almost got some MoFi inner sleeves. But the retail on 50 was $25 to start, $5 above actual retail. $15 was certainly a good price after the 40% off, but I had to pick and choose, and I got better value elsewhere in terms of things to buy.

black sheriff likes this.
  6. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

I got a mint T-Bone Walker on Atlantic 2nd press for $15, Dylan "Band of the Hand" 12" for $5, and Ray Price "Night Life" Col Ltd Ed mint $3.
    I'm trying not to buy too much, so i skipped the Miles Bootleg 5 vinyl and Dylan L&T because I already have the cd's.
    Some guy in Norwood had so much stuff, he needed a cart to bring it all to the register.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  7. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

:yikes:

azjvm05, black sheriff and mrjinks like this.
  8. glide

glide Forum Resident

Picked up a Marley complete Island recordings box set for $90 and a Grateful Dead studio box set from RSD for $60. Also grabbed some Miles and Dylan MoFi's to fill some holes.

I wish they didn't have this sale right before RSD.

Dubmart and azjvm05 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.