The Terror: Limited Series (AMC)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GodShifter, Dec 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Problem is - what is the current episode? The release schedule was odd - 1 episode on each of March 26/27, April 2nd, 2 episodes on the 3rd April and 5 on the 10th. I've got the remaining ones cued up but still got 3 to watch.

2. The last one to air is on April 9th, Episode 4. The next one to air is on April 16th, Episode 5.

GodShifter likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

holy moly i just caught this week's episode and i was really on the edge of my seat.

as much as i like Hinds, now that we've moved past his character's death it's really giving some good character development time to Harris who is a fantastic actor. what an awesome show.

GodShifter likes this.
  4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

I'm not sure. If you're in the UK they might have released all the episodes at once. I know they're available on bit torrent sites. I believe the way AMC in the US is doing it is one per week. Every Monday there is a new episode.

Spitfire likes this.
  5. And all the episodes are up on the AMC upgrade.. I don't have that but have watched through ep4. Great show.

GodShifter likes this.
  6. GodShifter

It seems they're available on Amazon Prime Video as well. At least the first eight. 5 were released on the 10th.

7. Cool. I have Amazon Prime but haven't noticed that....

GodShifter likes this.
  8. GodShifter

Actually I do too and it’s not there but says it is on Wikipedia :: shrug ::

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they're not. they release them first thing the morning after air. i actually paid for the season pass.

EVOLVIST and GodShifter like this.
  10. GodShifter

I’ve completed the series (don’t ask, won’t tell); very satisfied as to how it was pulled off. Excellent.

I imagine I’ll watch this for several more years in a series of nostalgia repeats. I loved it.

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

don't stop discussing here though! just keep it like you do and go week-to-week.

12. GodShifter

Absolutely.

I won’t give away any spoilers and talk about each episode as it it airs.

13. Alternative4

Alternative4 One of These Days I'll Get an Early Night

Without posting spoilers, boy were those last two episodes good.

I have to admit I found the show a bit slow to start with, but the slow burn tension and terror more than made up for that. The shows themes were quite interesting too, to me it came across as a spiritual journey created by hopelessness often fueled by hallucinations which in the end created contrast between different approaches to the environment and life.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  14. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

Incredible and extraordinary series. It found it does get better toward the end.

GodShifter likes this.
  15. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

A true cinematic feat is making a film or televised series that we know how it ends... and still make it edge of your seat suspenseful.

GodShifter likes this.
  16. Yeah, I was thinking about doing this (or something similar), but I'm trying to catch up on The Americans, plus I want to watch the first season of Westworld again, so I had better curb myself, or it will be too much damn television. :)

17. GodShifter

I would encourage you wait and watch it unfold for several reasons. It’s fun to binge sometimes, but other times, like this show, it’s cool to watch it reveal itself slowly.

I will say, watching the show without subtitles is challenging. It’s especially challenging when it’s the natives speaking (as in, you have NO idea what is being said ... yeah).

So, a small part of the plot I lost completely. I’ll get it pretty soon.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  18. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Subscene - Subtitles for The Terror - First Season

GodShifter likes this.
  19. trem two

trem two Forum Resident

I did notice that and I think you might be on the right track with your "weed" comment.
    Someone on another blog suggested it was a "tobacco ration" someone left for him, thus showing he has sympathy from some in the crew. Perhaps some foreshadowing...

Also, tip of the hat to all the posters on this thread. I started watching this show after seeing the comments here. I am all caught up and looking forward to the rest. Huzzah!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  20. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

too creepy and bleak for me. they really rub it in...

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it could be far worse!

22. GodShifter

Yeah, it’s a grim story. Not a lot of laughs in this one. I like it that way :)

marmalade166 likes this.
  23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’m waiting until I can watch this show with closed captioning. I’m missing too much diologue.

24. GodShifter

Wise choice. It’s either wait or watch it multiple times to pick up what you can. Even doing that, the Eskimo dialogue is impossible without subtitles. I missed some important stuff in 9 and 10 in terms of their interactions.

25. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Definitely watch it with close captions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.