Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Great news, Yorick! Orderd! Loved the gig you guys did in Molen De Ster in Utrecht a while back.

2. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

3. Fa La La

5 CDs out this RSD apparently:

We Must Believe In Magic John Carter Cash Reviver Records CD RSD Exclusive 1500
    Chicano Batman Chicano Batman ATO Records CD 'RSD First' 1500
    Eli Paperboy Reed Meets High & Mighty Brass Band Eli Paperboy Reed Yep Roc Records CD 'RSD First' 1600
    Astro Black Sun Ra Modern Harmonic CD RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus 950
    The Cymbals/Symbols Sessions: New York City 1973 Sun Ra Modern Harmonic 2 x CD RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus 850

amoergosum likes this.
  4. Yorick

Yorick Senior Member

Hey, that's cool! Thanks a lot! I will be doing a clubshow in Molen De Ster when my new record comes out later this year, I really liked the atmosphere.
    Here's a snippet from the forthcoming album, hope you'll like it!

Beaker73 likes this.
  5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Here’s the translation:

S**t out of luck list

andrewskyDE and Christopher B like this.
  6. Fa La La

Exactly. The problem with this is the people who most want the exclusive releases buy them on RSD. Most items aren't so limited people that want them can't find them in stores. That means after RSD the market for what's left to be sold on ebay is minimal.

7. Pats Radio

Pats Radio A Doors Enthusiast

The Doors Matrix II LP a must.

Dan Steele likes this.
  8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

I am looking for a UK guy to sell me all 4 of the Sigur Ros UK RSD 2018 items. I expect to pay a collectors price, I just want a single simple transaction. Shipping to California. Thanks!!

9. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

What four? I saw two by Sigur Ros and one by Jonsi & Alex.

10. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

My small, humble list of selections I WILL leave with.

Pink Floyd Piper At The Gates of Dawn (Mono) Legacy LP 6000

The Allman Brothers Band Live At The Atlanta Pop Festival, July 3 & 5, 1970 Legacy 4 x LP Box Set 3000

Soundgarden A-Sides IGA 2 x LP 5000

The Who The Kids Are Alright IGA 2 x LP 3000

Neil Young Tonight's The Night Live At The Roxy Warner Bros. 2 x LP 9000

Led Zeppelin "Friends"/"Rock And Roll" Atlantic 7" Vinyl

The Rolling Stones Their Satanic Majesties Request ABKCO LP 3500

Munros1969, hi_watt and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  11. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

12. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Less than a week to go. The tension mounts.

13. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

I’ll be sauntering in at lunchtime and expect to be able to get my Neil Young, Pink Floyd and Jeff Buckley LPs.

I queued only once a few years back for the Kate Bush 10” pink vinyl Hounds of Love disc...I was second in line and the guy ahead didn’t want it...shop only had 1.

It’s sat sealed on my shelf ever since. Not really worth getting there for 6am when I think about it...

14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I know how you feel because I've been in the same situation. I remember buying the Lush box set and actually doubting the purchase while still in line. By the time I got home I wish I hadn't bought it. Sold it for what I paid so no money lost but it taught me a lesson.

It's why I'm far more discerning when it comes to RSD titles, and buying in general. Things I just had to get didn't get a chance to hit the t/t that often, at least not as often as you'd think considering the energy I put into getting one.

I have a small list, very strict on my guidelines as to what I want, generally speaking. If I get them, I get them. If not, I really don't care because in terms of the actual music there's always another format available in some form.

Porkpie likes this.
  15. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

:laugh:

For a month I've had this mental image of leaving the local record shop at 10:10 AM with the Floyd tucked under my arm, now my visual seeing the last copy sold before my eyes! :yikes:

eddiel likes this.
  16. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Agreed, except for this years Pink Floyd "Piper". I want that SOB. Can;t get that anywhere.

steveharris and eddiel like this.
  17. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

I think that I've narrowed my wants down to this realistic list:

Neil Young - Live At The Roxy
    Bruce Springsteen - Greatest Hits
    Led Zeppelin single
    The Who - The Kids Are Alright

I think that NY and LZ releases will be in big enough numbers to get them, not so sure that I'll be able to get the other two. At least with the NY and BS releases they'll be getting a wider release shortly after if I can't pick them up on RSD.

My maybe list, depending on availability and price:

Jimi Hendrix single
    Florence and the Machine single
    Arcade Fire EP

Would like to buy, but will probably be too expensive list:

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison boxset
    Eric Clapton - Complete Clapton boxset
    Jeff Buckley - Live at Sin-e boxset

I have the above 3 in digital form, so they are nice to have but not absolute must buys. The prices for these 3 don't seem to be too bad based on Bullmoose listings, but the conversion to Canadian will probably push them beyond budget, particularly if I get most or all of my realistic list items.

I'll have to try out a new store this year as my local store (just a few minutes away from me) is closing at the end of the month due to owner relocation, so they are skipping RSD this year. There's another store in Cambridge about 15 minutes away, so I'll give that one a try. I've never been, so will probably visit at some point this week to check it out and to ask how busy they normally are on RSD.

Tommyboy likes this.
  18. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I always go hog-wild on RSD (and I take the week following off from work so I can listen), so I hope to get the following:

BAD - Live 92
    Doors - Matrix Part 2
    Dream Synidicate
    Steve Earle and the Dukes
    Grateful Dead
    Hot Tuna
    Creation Rebel
    Richard Lloyd - both titles being released
    Studio One Dub Plate Special
    Allman Brothers
    Dylan & Dead
    John Wesley Harding
    The Kills
    Son Volt
    Studio One - Natural High Bongo Man Collection
    Neil Young

19. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Has the Bullmoose fellow posted his RSD video yet? I didn't see it on their site.

Vinyl_Blues likes this.
  20. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

There have been a couple small posts but not the big one that I expect to come out this week.

rswitzer likes this.
  21. Purplefowler

Purplefowler Forum Resident

Got my list ready and my local shop has released its pricelist today so I know what I’m definitely going to spend (only one item wasn’t on the list so I’m quite happy). Just need to make sure my flask is clean and my kindle is charged ready to camp out early. I probably don’t actually need to camp out but it’s all part of the rsd experience. After years of not having a local record shop, I like to fully enter the spirit. There will apparently be complimentary bacon rolls too so all good :)

22. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Where's your local shop, previous years I have treked all the way over to Letchworth to David's but it got to be such a bun fight I have given up trying as I just come out pissed off with not getting anything i went for knowing full well they will end up on fleabay

23. Purplefowler

Black circle in leighton buzzard. It’s a 5 minute walk from my house so not too far to stumble over to :D if you find them on fb, you’ll find their price list and how many copies of each album he has in. If you come this way, look out for the shifty woman hiding under a Stetson and say hello! Oh and I think they said they were going to do a ticket system for the queue this year just to stop it getting too crazy when they open at 8

24. smartiepants

smartiepants Senior Member

Will do, there is a new shop in Bedford, he has been there about a year, it's small so maybe a bit of a scrum, I may pop in for his live music

Purplefowler likes this.
  25. Purplefowler

I’ll be popping in and out throughout the day as there is stuff going on throughout. Should be a nice mellow day once the craziness of the morning is passed the worst. My son’s guitar teacher is playing so I’ve got to go and support him too. Should be a good day hopefully.

smartiepants likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.