Real Time Click Repair MiniPC Setup

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by krisbee, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well, the author used to have the program available and now doesn’t. Having the program available on a hosting site out of his control may be violating the copyright, especially in a public forum. I would hate for either the poster or the site here be liable for anything.

2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

The person downloading it still has to pay for it, the money going to the author. So... My 2 cents.

3. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

He’s not got it on his site because he doesn’t support it, as long as you understand this He seemed happy enough to issue me a code when I offered to pay for it.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Forum Resident

Just paid for my licensed copy last night, love it. Such an awesome little programme.

Started looking at upgrading my Boehringer now as well, a nice 24bit 192khz unit (which I'm assuming the software can match).

5. nutop

nutop Active Member

so... i'm an idiot and thought i had this working right.

i'm not getting any output on my Focusrite back to my amp. I have the 2i4 which has the 4 RCA outputs on the back. i have my phono preamp going into the front ports with TRS plugs and the focusrite is outputting via the Line Outputs 1/2.

[​IMG]

is there another piece of software I need to configure it so it comes out of the RCA? i'm sorry for such newbie questions but have never used one of these before.

6. ThinWhiteDuke

Daft q, on the mac how exactly does one invoke / use the java version? I'm guessing that it's a command line thing?

7. krisbee

krisbee Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you cant just double click it and it automatically works (which it sometimes does), the commandline would be;
    java -jar clickrepairprogram.jar

ThinWhiteDuke likes this.
  8. ThinWhiteDuke

Thanks will try tonight when I get home from work.

9. ThinWhiteDuke

Anyone here also use the DeNoise application?

Unsure if it can operate real-time and with ClickRepairRT at the same time but I've a record or two that could use the help I reckon.

10. ThinWhiteDuke

I'm quite impressed with my Click Repair setup but can't help but wonder if I can get a better quality job with a better USB ADAC.

I've got the Behringer UCA-202 which is only 16bit 48khz and I'm looking for something better ideally 24bit 192khz. In particular the sound output of my ADAC unit seems quieter than my original source and I tend to use a 'smiley curve' on the 'ol equalizer to improve the output of the unit.

(@Wayne Bull did you get similar results with your UCA-202 and is that why you upgraded to the focusrite 2i2?)

I've assumed that you guys don't experience the same problem with your setups and wondered if it was my unit rather than the software.

Keen to get some real world feedback and ADAC recommendations :)

11. Wayne Bull

Wayne Bull Forum Resident

Yes, the step up to the focusrite was well worth it. It allows you to tailor to output a lot easier.

I now have the volumes of my pre-amp and the focusrite at the same levels so I am easily able to flick between repaired and direct feeds to test for sound degradation.

12. ThinWhiteDuke

Thanks, already put it on my wish list :)

13. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

I have to give a major tip of the hat to the OP for this thread... for a hardware outlay of $124.00 (Optiplex 780 + USB-powered external sound card [I already owned Click Repair, and somehow even managed to have archived the last Windows installer from 2016 that loaded CR **and** the CR-RT module]) I now have a portable set up that effectively duplicates a far more expensive SugarCube. Simply astounding.

As I've been setting things up, I've been monitoring the output off the Optiplex with headphones-- what are the best suggestions as to how to feed this back into the main stereo system? Through the speaker jack on the back?

- Kevin

Mintsauce likes this.
  14. Mintsauce

Mintsauce Forum Resident

Mine goes from a USB port to my Rega Dac-r

15. Joel Cairo

**D'oh!!** Of course, didn't even think of that.

- Kevin

Mintsauce likes this.
  16. nutop

nutop Active Member

anyone install the latest windows cumulative update and have issues now? it won't even run for me and i'm getting these errors:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at realtime.RTController.readPreferences(Unknown Source)
    at repairbase.Controller.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at realtime.RTController.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at ClickRepairRT.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at ClickRepairRT.main(Unknown Source)

17. Strat-Mangler

Update JAVA. Does it work then?

If not, uninstall the update and see what happens. If that still doesn't work, perform a System Restore right before the update was installed.

18. nutop

nutop Active Member

Unfortunately, I've already tried all that... not sure what could have caused it. ClickRepair works fine?

I'm just going to format. I've grown to accustomed to this software, dammit!

19. Joel Cairo

I run mine on Windows 7... haven't had a problem so far.

- Kevin

20. nutop

nutop Active Member

yeah... i'm officially stumped. i just spent a good chunk of time reinstalling Windows 10 to an earlier version and it's still not working... :'(

21. nutop

nutop Active Member

If anyone that has any Java knowledge wants to help... I have 0 idea what's going on. This was working fine yesterday then the new Windows update installed and it broke. I rolled back my version, reinstalled Windows 10, and installed Windows 7... nothing worked. I'm beyond confused as to what could of happened.

JD

22. Strat-Mangler

Did you note which version of JAVA you were using when it worked?

23. nutop

nutop Active Member

Yeah, I was on Version 8 Build 161... tried installing that and older and the latest.. no change :(

Another thing to add on to the weirdness pile... I loaded a fresh copy of Windows 10 on to vmware and it's working without issue on that. THE MIND BOGGLES.

24. Joel Cairo

As a side note, I've decided that my DIY SugarCube setup will now be called "The Equal". :D

See-- how many artificial sweetener jokes do you get in the world of hi-fi....?

- Kevin

quicksrt and Strat-Mangler like this.
  25. baldyman

baldyman Member

Hi there Muckyfingers. I am trying to set up a declicking system based on an Atom thingy. I'm stuck with how to auto start the ClickRepairRT - I see you used auto hotkey for this - but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make auto hotkey "push start". Could you please explain how to do that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.