Which pressing of Music From Big Pink have I purchased?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Theplacidcasual3005, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theplacidcasual3005

Theplacidcasual3005 Active Member Thread Starter

Hey guys,

This is my first post on the forum, so apologies if I’ve posted it in the wrong section.

Recently got my local record store to order in an original UK pressing of Music From Big Pink (would’ve sourced it myself, but I have a voucher left over from last Christmas). So I went to pick it up yesterday and the sleeve looks good. Typical foldback/laminate cover from this era. However, the label on the LP is not the rainbow print I expected. Instead it’s a black and white Capitol EMI label.

Print on Deadwax is ST1 2955 A5 / ST2 2955 B6.

Any ideas?

2. Theplacidcasual3005

I paid £30 for it and was under the impression I was gonna be taking home an original.

It’s in very good condition so I’m happy overall!

3. Theplacidcasual3005

Can post photos too if required!

4. SurrealCereal

SurrealCereal Forum Resident

Have you tried searching Discogs yet? If not, you should. It's a great resource for finding that kind of information.

5. Theplacidcasual3005

I have and I think it’s a 1969 pressing. Nothing more than that really. Was wondering if anyone on here had some more info :) Seems like Capitol pressed quite a few different versions of this album.

Thanks for your reply!

6. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Checking discogs is about all any of us can do. There may be some additional information if you can find a web page dedicated to Capital labels.

I looked briefly on discogs and thought it might be this release.

7. Theplacidcasual3005

That’s the one! I was a bit disappointed to find that it wasn’t a rainbow label. Ah well, sounds decent enough though!

Subvet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.