Record store recommendations in Washington D.C.

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by uberlyle, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uberlyle

uberlyle Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello all. I'm going to be visiting Washinington D.C. for a few days next week, and was hoping to make a stop or two in a record store. Does anybody have suggestions for a good selection of vinyl? I mostly buy jazz lately, but am game for anything where I can dig for a few. Thank you!

2. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Just outside of D.C. in P.G.County[Forestville,MD.]is the best record store in the area[D.C.-MD.-VA.]Memory Lane Records,these guys will have what you want,I'm sure,if it's Jazz they got it and the vinyl is plentiful and the prices are good.

uberlyle and lightbulb like this.
  3. Confuseacat

Confuseacat Forum Resident

Sound Garden in Baltimore is a great store, and worth the hour drive (or perhaps less, depending on where in DC you're staying).

uberlyle likes this.
  4. uberlyle

Is this the one right outside Richmond? That's the only one that came up on the google. Never mind, just found it. Thanks!

5. uberlyle

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably be staying in the immediate D.C. area for this trip, but I'll have to check it out when I head back east again.

6. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

CD Cellar in Falls Church has a nice selection with a good amount of rollover. This store is in Virginia about 10 to 15 minutes outside of DC.

7. auburn278

auburn278 Forum Resident

If you go to DC again, check out Joe's Record Paradise and The Record Exchange in Silver Spring, just a brief jaunt on the metro from DC. There are so many record stores in DC that it's hard to tell you where to start. It's easy to do a self guided crawl because of the metro.

If you ever hit up Baltimore, check out Trax On Wax, Ramm On Records, Protean, Normal's, True Vine, Celebrated Summer, and El Supremo.

Bill Why Man and uberlyle like this.
  8. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

DC Area:
    Crooked Beat - Alexandria, VA
    The Record Exchange - Silver Spring, MD
    Red Onion - U Street, DC
    Songbyrd Cafe - 18th Street in Adams Morgan, DC
    Som Records - 14th Street, DC

Bill Why Man and uberlyle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.