RSD leftovers?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mistermono, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I was able to order a couple things early Sunday AM and received an order confirmation, but no shipping confirmation...yet.

2. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

My point is if there's significant money to be made then the record company will reissue this title down the line. Will the packaging or insert be exactly the same? Probably not, but the record will be, and it's the music that matters in the end. I have no idea of the details around the mono Floyd release, but just like any other RSD there's always a title or two that become the ones to get, and no not everyone gets them, at least at first. Time and patience will win out in the end for those who missed this RSD special, count on it.

lightbulb and panasoffkee like this.
  3. chromium

chromium The power of the riff compels me.

Interesting I just had a look, currently there are only 3 US pressings up for sale on Discogs, prices from $60 to $100. There are 61 European copies for sale with 20 of those sealed and for a lower price than they went for on RSD.
    Can we conclude that there were a lot more copies available in Europe than in the US on RSD ?

hutlock likes this.
  4. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i cant speak specifically for 123go but most of these shops got hammered with online sales Sunday. I only ordered from plaidroom and they sent out a bulk email about the overwhelming orders which will lead to some shipping delays

5. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Yeah - Plaid Room sends that email every time. They usually get everything out before the end of the week. Well packaged. Those guys are great.
    123go came through for me last year, too.

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s the music that matters to YOU. But the collectibility apparently matters to a lot of people - that’s half the selling point behind RSD, no?

Again, you’re lumping this one in with stuff like REM. The fact virtually no one in North America is flipping these when the going is best says a lot more than wishful optimism.

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yes. At least almost twice as many and perhaps almost 3x depending upon how you interpret the published numbers (it wasn’t clear whether it was 6,000 US & 15,000 EU or 15,000 total for both - I’m inclined now to believe 15,000 for Europe).

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yep. I see three now too. Where do you see Euro copies for a lower price than RSD? The lowest price I see is 32 Euros + 10 Euros (Europe s&h) or 14 Euros (US s&h). That’s 42 Euros (roughly $50) for European buyer. What was retail price in Europe?

I love how one guy rationalizes his $90 price tag as not “scalping” but just trying to recoup his spending on 29 other RSD items...:biglaugh:

lightbulb likes this.
  9. DigMyGroove

Ironically I just bought the Floyd mono right here on the classifieds for the UK retail price, just have to incur the postal fee. Patience and good timing work out once again.

Guitarded likes this.
  10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Congrats! Europe is the way to go. There are virtually none in the States. But you do have to pay almost as much the s&h as the retail cost of the record.

11. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

i know! you beat me by about 40min.

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

32GBP ($45) was the retail cost in the UK? Wow. That's twice the US price.

No wonder Europe got so many - and it wasn't sold out in many places.

13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FYI, there's a guy on Discogs from Spain selling a bunch of them is probably cheaper with s&h.

14. DigMyGroove

Early bird depletes the bank account!

ZippyPippy likes this.
  15. chromium

chromium The power of the riff compels me.

Anywhere between €33 and €40. Paid €34 for mine

16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

RSD 2018

LOTS of U.K. RSD stuff here still, including the Pink Floyd and a bunch of stuff that didn't come out in the US.

azjvm05 likes this.
  17. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Funnily enough the one thing I really still wanted, (a very limited UK release), seems to be only available from US sellers and postage costs kind of kill it, so I emailed the label asking if there would be a standard release in the future, the good news is that there will be, but they offered me the one copy they had in the office if I wanted it for the RRP plus postage, I'll have to wait a week, but it's great to find a helpful and responsive label.

18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

So what were you looking for?

black sheriff likes this.
  19. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

"The Changes" soundtrack, a show I enjoyed as a kid and had recently re-watched on DVD before discovering that the soundtrack was getting a vinyl release, importing it would cost me double with postage and VAT, I wonder why there seem to be so many in the States as I doubt a mid-seventies BBC kids sci fi drama was ever shown there, perhaps it's the BBC Radiophonic Workshop connection or maybe the lack of US knowledge explains why everyone is flipping them, respect to Silvascreen records for being so responsive though.

20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Sure you will, when it gets a standard release. Just wait.

21. DigMyGroove

I wound up passing, shipping was too high. At this weekend’s WFMU Record Fair in Brooklyn I ran into my local L.A. record store owner. He said they were shipped 30 copies of “Piper”, so distibution can’t have been that bad.

And on my patience point I got a sealed copy of last year’s in demand title, David Bowie’s “Cracked Actor” for what I think was the issue price, $35.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Just watch. People that have it won’t be getting rid of it - and there will still be plenty of people who will want it for the slipcase & poster.

If the colored vinyl after the normal release has shown anything, it has shown there is a decent sized segment of the record buying public who is interested in more with the vinyl experience than just the music playback.

23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Gee, I had no idea “Cracked Actor” was last year’s “in demand title”...

So one store got 30 copies...and from that you conclude distribution can’t have been that bad?

By that logic, given there were 6,000 copies in the US, the other 200 stores in the US must have gotten lots of copies too...oh wait, there are more than 200 partipating RSD retailers in the U.S....oh, what’s that? There were 200 partipating RSD retailers in California alone? How can that be?

24. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

25. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I was looking for the price of an RSD title today. Bull Moose had it.

I did buy it from a third party on Amazon for a very decent price. Compared to what Bull Moose was asking, only a few $$ more.

Davidmk5, Tedw9 and azjvm05 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.