Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Coupon was emailed to past customers.
    Beave

2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks. Yes these boxes are a bit of a pain if one disc is poor or has errors.

sennj likes this.
  3. Flaming Torch

I don't know and maybe that is not correct. Badlands UK are great but are a UK site and perhaps I should have deleted the download bit. It was the only bit on the internet I found stating the records would be pressed at MPO France.

4. Flaming Torch

aphexj I agree with you. One thing with this whole download saga is that in my opinion it is very territorial unlike physical products that can be exported/inported without much trouble.

5. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Wow, apologies to anyone who tried this coupon and was blocked from the discount. I figured anyone with the proper code could use it. I'm sure CC will offer more coupons by release date that will work. Folks might just need to keep checking occasionally.

The Beave likes this.
  6. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Yep, I bet you're right. I don't get it. Hi res doesn't cost a penny more to produce than MP3. Is this because of some US contract with ITunes or the like? Seems like there was something said about that with the Brussels box.

7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Well, here’s what it says at therollingstonesshop.com

The Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016’ presents this monumental era in rock’n’roll history in a highly bespoke, lenticular mounted, limited edition box-set housing the 15 studio albums from Sticky Fingers through to Blue & Lonesome in faithful and intricate original packaging replications. Every album has been lovingly remastered and cut at revelatory half-speed at Abbey Road Studios, from vinyl specific original tape transfers designed to get the very best possibly sound from the format. Each album is pressed on heavyweight 180-gram black vinyl and includes a download card for HD digital redemption of the catalogue and includes a numbered certificate of authentication.

Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971 - 2016

So, it’s definitely digital, and the interpretation of “HD digital redemption” remains to be seen. Again, I’m not too worried about the download aspect. I didn’t expect them to provide access to 96/24 files. I have nearly all of these albums in multiple CD options, and I could undoubtedly make a needle drop that would sound better than any MP3 they gifted us.
    I’m buying this for the records (and because of the killer deal).

Shawn and superstar19 like this.
  8. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Geez. I said I wouldn't, but I did.

Just used the Collector's Choice deal - ELVIS20 to get 20% off, total $317 w/shipping.

I really hope the mastering is good on these.

The Beave likes this.
  9. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Ordered from The Rolling Stones Store, looking forward to this one and hope it’s what we expect.

Think I am gonna sell my 64-69 and 71-05 set now and just have this and the mono set.

10. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

Pre-Ordered- Abbey-Road Half Speed Mastering is what sold me. (Already have Exiles)

Sean, Szeppelin75 and The Beave like this.
  11. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I'm not either, but I am curious. The one title that I would really like to upgrade to a true hi-res on is Brussels. I have the CDs that came with the big box and the DR is a good bit more lower than the FLAC numbers I saw published somwhere, maybe DR Database.

12. breakingglass

breakingglass Forum Resident

$450 on the Stones’ official site

13. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Think I am gonna sell my 64-69 and 71-05 set now and just have this and the mono set.[/QUOTE]
    Do it fast, I saw a 64-69 at a local record store priced at $850, IIRC.

Sean, ssmith3046 and Carl80 like this.
  14. uphoria6

uphoria6 Senior Member

I guess this fills a void for some folks but 70's/80's Stones seems pretty plentiful in the used bins of stores I frequent and, outside of Sticky or Exile, not super expensive. I have an original Bigger Bang so really I just need stand alone Voodoo Lounge and Bridges although I don't care for Bridges all that much so really just Voodoo Lounge. I wish they would re-issue Stripped

Gavinyl, Totti is god and Szeppelin75 like this.
  15. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

[/QUOTE]
    Do it fast, I saw a 64-69 at a local record store priced at $850, IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Was that sealed ? Mine are both opened.

16. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

You can get it at Amazon for $270, brand new still.

17. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

No it was open, I think. He had it behind the glass counter so I didn't inspect it, but it was since the Mono Box came out, so it's still in demand. This record store has been around for decades, the guys that run it are generally pretty realisticwith their pricing too.

Carl80 likes this.
  18. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

The 64-69 box?

19. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

No, sorry, I was referring to the Mono Box.

20. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Yeah, 64-69 has gone for big bucks since it went OOP. I thought the Mono Box would bring the 64-69 down from the stratosphere, but it didn't drop much, if at all.

21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Wow ok, will have to think abit more about the asking price then, just seen a few sealed on eBay and didn’t realise it was still so high.

Coricama likes this.
  22. culabula

culabula Unread author.

MPO are a French company (Moulages Plastiques de L'Ouest) who I have found to do consistently good work. It was MPO who pressed all those Beatles reissues for DeAgostini in Ireland and in the U.K.

Flaming Torch likes this.
  23. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

Has anyone elses pre order over at amazon.com stayed with the 175 price?

24. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

So far mine is still showing.

Coricama, Philrock90 and vinylbeat like this.
  25. Yes. Mine holding so far.