OMNIVORE Recordings: 60% off 4/24-25/2018 (30% off 4/26-27)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Kevin55, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

I picked up the NRBQ 5 CD set for $19.

2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Me too.

And the 2 Jellyfish sets. And Key Lime Pie. And The Knack 1978 live CD. And...

black sheriff likes this.
  3. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

Yay. Way to piss people off who didn't hear about the 60% off until after the prices went up :(

In the immortal words of Jim Bowen (British people of a certain age will get that reference) - "here's what you could have won",,,

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ooops...:hide:

5. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

I had a few cds in my cart yesterday while I was at work. Couldn't remember my PAYPAL password, so when I went back this morning, the prices had doubled. This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. Generally, things get CHEAPER as the sale progresses. That's a real savvy marketing strategy - if we don't sell it at 60% off, let's double the price. :realmad:

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Most record labels do cheapest 1st at least from what i've seen ....... don't worry they do these about every 2 months ...... and each time my wallet takes a hit :agree:

7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It was probably a mistake.

8. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

Nope, they advertised from the start that the discount would go down to 30% on the last two days of the sale. Seems like good marketing: encouraging people to buy early for maximum discount + even if they miss that they might still buy because they’re getting something of a discount; if it went straight back to full prices, more people likely wouldn’t bother.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  9. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Go back and look at Wednesday’s posts. There was an additional temporary pricing error as well.

The NRBQ set is $70 now. 60% off is $28. I paid $19.59 - which is an additional 30% off.

10. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

Yep, there was a temporary pricing error on the morning of the 25th, before it reverted back to 60% off. I’m saying it’s not necessarily counter-intuitive to provide less of a discount as the sale progresses.

11. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

But why would i buy on the 1st few days if the sale was going to get better at the end ? that's the way metal blade records & nuclear blast do sales as well start at say 50% & as it goes along less off 40% , 30% etc.

12. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Because things can sell out...

13. kingofdmv

kingofdmv Forum Resident

Continental Drifters - Drifted: In The Beginning & Beyond - 2-CD
    CD-OV-132 1 $5.59
    The Knack - Rock & Roll Is Good For You: The Fieger/Averre Demos - CD CD-OV-39 1 $2.79
    Jellyfish - Stack-a-Tracks - 2-CD CD-OV-54 1 $5.59
    NRBQ - High Noon: A 50-Year Retrospective - 5-CD Boxed Set CD-OV-190 1 $19.59
    Buck Owens - Complete Capitol Singles: 1957-1966 - 2-CD CD-OV-206 1 $7.55
    Pugwash - A Rose In A Garden Of Weeds: A preamble Through The History Of Pugwash . . . - CD CD-OV-100 1 $4.75
    Raspberries - Pop Art Live - 2-CD CD-OV-229 1 $6.43
    The Bangles - Ladies And Gentlemen… The Bangles! - CD CD-OV-182 1 $4.75

I just received my order today with an invoice that states the Jellyfish, NRBQ, Buck Owens and Pugwash CDs are on backorder. They let me purchase them and I was charged for them. This is the first I'm hearing about a backorder. Hopefully they will arrive soon as they are the CDs I was most looking forward to.

14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

First I’ve heard of the Jellyfish and NRBQ being on backorder as well. No big deal, I can wait.

15. kingofdmv

kingofdmv Forum Resident

I just went in and put the NRBQ box set into my cart and nowhere does it mention it being on back order. Hope the discs aren't being held back because of the price mix up.

16. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I haven't gotten my order yet, but I don't think so for a couple of reasons.

Some of the items did arrive - if they were going to hold them back, they'd likely hold them all back. Also you indicated the invoice specifically states backordered, not cancelled. Lastly, I don't recall any items being unavailable to order when perusing the site. In fact I found their site kind of kludgy to navigate and use in general (at least on an iPad it was), so it's possible its inventory control isn't very sophisticated or accurate either.

But maybe this is just wishful thinking...

17. Have orders been shipped out? I've gotten nothing, not an email or anything, since the order confirmation email last week. I did order nearly $100 worth of stuff.

18. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Mine was delivered today, but I’m not home to get it until tomorrow night.

I got no shipping notification from omnivore. But I do get shipping notifications from the USPS and I pieced together that the package which originated from Hillsborough, NC must be the omnivore package since the address for their returns is Hillsborough, NC.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  19. kingofdmv

kingofdmv Forum Resident

I did receive a shipping email from 11 Spot which I assume is Omnivore's parent company. But there was no indication at anytime that some of my order was backordered. Not exactly the most professional of operations from what I can tell.

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Hmmm. All I got was an order confirmation telling me I would get an email when it ships. But nothing from them after that. I wouldn’t have known if I wasn’t enrolled with USPS to get delivery status updates.

And the order confirmation says nothing about anything being backordered.

I guess I’ll find out when I get home late tonight...

21. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

My order, minus two items (which are back-ordered), arrived yesterday.

22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

This reminds me a little of Numero Group's big sale last year, and how overwhelmed they were with fulfilling the orders, and how their online store's inventory system didn't reflect reality in real time....

For this Omnivore sale, my credit card was charged on April 24th.

So far I've received an email from "Endicia" telling me:

"Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item May 02, 2018, 01:35 PM, HILLSBOROUGH, NC 27278"

I guess that means my package is still sitting in Hillsborough and hasn't yet been scanned by USPS. Or maybe it's en-route but has avoided getting scanned?

Based on other reports above, I'm expecting to receive an incomplete order (among the titles I bought was NRBQ and Jellyfish), despite being charged in full for my order. That's going to be disappointing.

I assume it'll all work out in the end, but the experience is certainly not going to encourage me to buy direct from Omnivore again in the future.

Craig.

23. kingofdmv

kingofdmv Forum Resident

Endicia is the shipping software that Omnivore uses. It sounds like your order is packed up and ready to go but USPS has yet to pick it up. Or, like you said, somehow missed getting scanned. Hopefully you'll get your order soon. Well, at least some of it. :realmad:

24. kingofdmv

kingofdmv Forum Resident

I suppose I'll give Omnivore another week to restock before I start with the emails. Really looking forward to that NRBQ box.

25. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I ordered on day 1 of the sale. Nada. I don't think I even received a confirmation.

EDIT: and sure enough, right after I posted that, I got the shipping notice.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.