OMNIVORE Recordings: 60% off 4/24-25/2018 (30% off 4/26-27)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Kevin55, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I’m personally not concerned. I’ve got plenty to keep me occupied.

However if they get canceled, I’ll expect a refund on some of my shipping fees (which increased incrementally).

kingofdmv likes this.
  2. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Got My order backordered on the Jellyfish & the waitresses ......... I can't imagine they Re-press this stuff ?

3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I was backordered on one Jellyfish title, the NRBQ box, and Camper VB’s Key Lime Pie. In addition, it turns out their website is so kludgy I got (and was charged for) another Camper VB disc I had removed from the cart before ordering.

I think it’s a coin toss on whether these will be re-pressed. It seems to me that it would be odd for, say, Key Lime Pie to go out of print. But who knows in these waning days of physical media?

Davidmk5 likes this.
  4. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

My complete order showed up yesterday. I was kind of surprised.

Hep Alien and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I sent a note of inquiry out today, not a peep from them since my order was placed on April 25th, and the account I created wasn't recognized. I then received an acknowledgement of that note telling me they were sending it on to Customer Service.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  6. My order magically shipped out after I contacted them about its status. This is why I use Paypal with sites not really equipped to deal with a lot of orders.

melstapler and Davidmk5 like this.
  7. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

Still waiting for my NRBQ box. Anyone get theirs?

8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

What advantage does paypal provide? If anything I find it a disadvantage because many retailers charge you upon order placement with paypal.

9. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

I heard back from them this morning. They were out of stock on three of the eight titles I'd ordered and were holding the order for the missing CDs. They've now sent the five they had in stock and will follow up with the other three once they're available. I'm willing to give that a few weeks before I get cranky :).

Walt likes this.
  10. It's a lot easier making a claim with Paypal and getting your money back if something goes wrong.

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Since when? It’s easy to get a credit to your account with vitually any credit card if a retailer doesn’t deliver.

12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I got one (of the NRBQ 5xCD sets). But I got a backordered notice for three other items: Waitresses, Jellyfish, and Alex Chilton (Free Again). I hope that one of the following three scenarios will happen by the end of May, since I've already paid for those three missing items:
    1. I receive a follow-up shipment with the three missing items
    2. I receive a refund and an explanation that they won't be repressing/restocking the missing items
    3. I receive a message explaining the delay and giving information about when the items will be repressed and when I can expect to receive them

I imagine they were overwhelmed by the response to the sale, but as the dust clears and all available stock has been shipped out, I hope they will take a pause and figure out the best way to keep us informed about how they intend to complete these partially fulfilled orders. Taking money for items not delivered, and not communicating about it, is not good customer service.

Craig.

13. I will say the sale opened my eyes to Dion's Live At the Bitter End. I'm only a lukewarm Dion fan but picked it up in the sale. It's a fantastic live show from the early 1970s.

rswitzer, melstapler and Davidmk5 like this.
  14. MJConroy

MJConroy Senior Member

I got the same 1st two and last 2 as your order above, along with a few others.
    Got backorder notice on a Chris Bell and The Choir.

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I guess I should feel lucky that I got my whole order right out of the gate...

Gene Clark
    Lloyd Cole
    Athens Ga Inside/Out
    Merle Haggard
    Chris Bell

Cracked case on the Merle but that's no big deal for me really.

16. PB with J

PB with J Forum Resident

I arederd 5 items, received 3 and 2 are on "backorder.' Wonder when/if they'll come.

What I Got:
    The Searchers Complete Sire Recordings - on sale there are enough good tunes.
    Continental Drifters - Drifted: In the Beginning and Beyond.. Lovely, underrated band.
    The Bangles - Ladies and Gentlemen. Very good.

On Backorder:
    Big Star - Complete Third
    Wanda JAckson - The Best of the Capitol Singles.

17. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Interesting. A moment ago I received an email from Endicia / 11 Spot, with a tracking number. The email provides no other hints about the contents of the package, so it might be fulfillment of some Omnivore items that were out of stock last week. Or it might be from some other company entirely. Anyone else get an email like this, after receiving your initial Omnivore package from the 60% off sale, and you are reasonably certain that it's also from Omnivore?

Craig.

18. I think I remember getting an email like that for the first half of my order. I'm still waiting on the second half of that order.

19. kingofdmv

kingofdmv Forum Resident

That's who handled the first half of my order too. I just checked my email and nothing yet. What discs are you waiting on?

20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I'm waiting on: Waitresses, Jellyfish, and Alex Chilton (Free Again)

21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

FWIW, my backordered stuff (NRBQ box, Jellyfish - Stack of Tracks, and Camper Van Beethovev - Key Lime Pie) showed up today.

Woo hoo!

Davidmk5 and CraigVC like this.
  22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Nice! I'm expecting my 2nd package to arrive in a matter of hours. Hopefully it will include all three titles that were missing from the 1st package.

23. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Almost there. I got 2 of 3 backordered items fulfilled with this second package. Hopefully a third package will be arriving in the future with the Waitresses 2xCD, to complete the order.

[​IMG]

Davidmk5 likes this.
  24. Dan

Dan Senior Member

I was missing one item that wasn't listed as a backorder. The invoice had the items I received circled like above, but the one I didn't get had an "x" through it I think. It was one of the Knack titles ("Normal" maybe?)

25. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

The rest of my shipment arrived today. I did not receive an email with tracking information.
    I'm not complaining, I found a great deal and I'm still working my way through my stash (and other purchases made in between).

Davidmk5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.