Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That's not too bad. If you had started saving just $10 per week starting in January, you'd have enough by year's end for everything on your list.

Mr. Explorer and MySweetFork like this.
  2. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

When I mentioned to my girlfriend that I’d heard rumours of two new Archive sets, plus a new album, plus a Beatles reissue, and potentially tour dates I received a very stern look and a curt ‘No.’

She seems to think saving for a house and holiday is more important than the Paul McCartney Archive Collection! Mixed priorities if you ask me. :laugh:

3. C_Jepson

C_Jepson Forum Resident

What's the possibility of such confirmation coming with the reissues on the 18th May?
    [​IMG]

4. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Well thought!

Colinjpush and C_Jepson like this.
  5. C_Jepson

C_Jepson Forum Resident

Too good to be true though :sigh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    Mr. Explorer and FKA002 like this.
  6. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

We never take no for an answer do we. Collecting music always must come first-even before paying rent and eat. :)

Oyster Boy and Thrillington like this.
  7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Any well organised business would be doing this for sure.

MPL however.....:whistle:

Mr. Explorer, CDC, supermd and 6 others like this.
  8. Arnold Grove

You have to get rid of the Concord/Hear Music logo and info, to be replaced with Capitol. And fix the year. ONLY then will I believe it! ;)

9. Arnold Grove

The return of the Coming Soon cards, if they should be issued, is just as exciting to me as the resumption of the actual Archive series.

What can I say ... :crazy:

10. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Not the best news but aligns with what the Beatlefan email indicated - the new album announcement is expected by next month followed by more touring news. That means the MPL/Capitol machinery will be focusing on new album at least through the summer and Archive reissues may not happen until Fall.

The issue there is that we will likely see the White Album deluxe box and an Imagine deluxe box coming out this fall and so hoping that doesn’t put these two upcoming reissues to early 2019 (all are Universal products and the label may want to spread things out).

11. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Are people generally more excited about these reissues than the new album? The reissues will be just icing if the new album comes before them. I could take them or leave them

longdist01 and SixOClockBoos like this.
  12. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Same degree of excitement for me

supermd likes this.
  13. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Groan button resurrected.

And pressed.

mrjinks likes this.
  14. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'll ALWAYS welcome new material from McCartney before archival stuff. Not to be morbid, but there's only a finite amount of time he'll be willing/able to keep making new records whereas archives can be mined long after he's stopped recording.

15. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

I am. Paul is my favorite living artist (along with Elton), but I haven't enjoyed much of his work, post-Chaos. It wouldn't matter to me if he ever released another new album.

16. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Well, saving for a house is important. You're gonna need a place to put all this stuff! As for holiday, isn't going to a McCartney show enough of a holiday in of itself?

I think I'm more excited about the reissues. But that's only because I more or less know what they are gonna be comprised of (I assume) and find the material exciting. Whereas the upcoming album... no idea what it will be like. No lead single. No announcement. There's just not enough there to get me excited, or as excited as I am about the reissues, just yet.

17. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

People will be excited about the new album when it is reissued in 30-40 years. :laugh:

But seriously, I think the new album is more important. I want to have as much new music from Paul as possible, and let's face it, he is not getting younger. I love the Archive collection, but there'll always be time for reissues.

18. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

I am one of them!!:edthumbs:

FKA002 likes this.
  19. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

About the same, really. Which is: not too excited, to be honest.
    I found "New" a decent, but not fantastic McCartney-album and I have no reason to suspect this one will be better...
    And I'm not too enthusiastic about Wild Life OR Red Rose Speedway. It has some nice tunes here and there, but I think there's a reason why some reviewers and quite a few fans were thinking Macca needed a swift kick in the butt. That came when his band left him and the McCartneys and Denny Laine rose to the occasion when they made Band On The Run.
    The only good news (for me) is that there's still life in the McCartney Archive Collection and I can start saving for these other two Wings albums.
    "Bip Bop" indeed :rolleyes: (I know some of you love that track and it is in the category of Wild Honey Pie, but that track lasted 53 seconds!)

Mr. Explorer and Rob Hughes like this.
  20. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Well, this thread IS about the Archive releases.

I'll be more excited about the new album release as it gets closer. I will anticipate that more than the archive sets eventually, but there's something warm and fuzzy about getting a deluxe version of an album you've loved for so long already.

When there's buzz about the new album track listing, or we can hear the first song, or we get a peak at the album cover... THEN I'll be excited.

Mr. Explorer and Paul H like this.
  21. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

NEW doesn't do very well for me when I rank Paul's albums. It's not that I don't like NEW, but the fact that compared to other Paul McCartney albums I find those better. I did listen to NEW a lot on repeat when it first came out. I'm hoping I'll like the next album a lot more than NEW, but I have a feeling this next album won't be topping Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway in terms of favorites either. Regardless, I want that next album before the archives. I've been waiting for nearly 5 years for a follow up to NEW and it when it came out I was a sophomore in high school. Now I'm a sophomore in college :D

Mr. Explorer, Shak Cohen, jlf and 2 others like this.
  22. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

Reissues have more lead times to build up excitement — and saving ahead of release. When you add in the fact that these deluxe sets tend of lend themselves to holiday presents, the fall is far more ideal. So it would not be out of sorts to release them in the fall. New albums are a lot ore trickier because some artists are experimenting with same day release or very short windows to keep excitement out there. McCartney's release has been on the horizon for quite some time.

Personally, I think that Imagine is locked to September 9th for the anniversary of the first US edition. (October 8, the UK edition, is an alternative.) The Beatles is definitely 22 November. So, ideally, Red Rose Speedway and Wild Life would be released mid-October for a six week gap between Lennon, McCartney, Beatles. The new live album would debut in mid-/late-August, so it could get the early spin and then a second round of promotion when Saturday Night Live etc. all start their new season; in fact, I wouldn't bet against Paul being the first musical guest for next season on a new record.

Unless they went with the anniversary of Wild Life in early December, but that would be too close to The Beatles — and Paul does somewhat acknowledge his fans can only afford so much at one time.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Mr. Explorer, MsMaclen and Oyster Boy like this.
  23. bward

bward Senior Member

There is a lot of truth in this.

24. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I was still working when New came out - now I am retired:)

25. helter

helter Forum Resident

Yes, but your assuming his fans don’t have a finite amount of time waiting for these archive releases ?

Let’s face it ....between waiting for the Let It Be movie and any archive releases from the George Harrison estate and the snails pace that the McCartney archive releases are receiving ...its fair to say many long time Beatle fans will not be alive to see them all released. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.