Green Acres: The Complete Series due from Shout! on Oct. 17th, 2017

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by OldSoul, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

not that I'm aware of...I have it and like the other Cox books it's serviceable and I'd recommend them...he updated The Munsters book years back which was a great improvement...also updated: The Addams Family & Beverly Hillbillies books...

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I may have to look into all of the above mentioned books sometime... I like all of the shows they're based on, so I'm guessing I'd find them worthwhile.

3. Michael

you should...I'm glad I have them...actually I have both editions of each.

4. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I don't have any of those books but if you liked Dark Shadows, The Dark Shadows Companion Book is a must have.

5. I'll bet he would prefer a caviar sandwich.

Jazzmonkie likes this.
  6. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

I think Green Acres as being one of the best tv shows of the 60's. It's just genius and still makes me laugh. For years, I wanted to get these on DVD, so about 3 years ago I found a ****leg version, entire series, for only like $40 or something. So, I'm still watching those, and i'm in season 4 right now, I think. Love this show. Maybe I'll get the official complete set one day.

7. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

They also make excellent sink stoppers.

8. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

By the way, for anyone interested, Logo is currently showing Green Acres reruns, early weekday mornings.

9. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Just throwin' this out for the GA fanatics - What's your favorite season and why?

10. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

I'd have to go back thru all of the episodes but season 2 might be mine.

11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

For anyone still holding out for a cheaper price, Walmart now has the series box for $49.96. 20 bucks lower than several months ago.

Michael and MAYBEIMAMAZED like this.
  12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

WHOOO DOGGIES! That's a good deal!

(Oh wait, wrong show). :)

Michael and MAYBEIMAMAZED like this.
  13. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

I went on Walmart's website and it was "not available".

MikaelaArsenault and Michael like this.
  14. Michael

be very careful...from what I've seen at Walmart.com this is from a third party seller...NOT WALMART...there are TONS of bootleg copies from China on ebay...this could as well be one also...usually when Walmart lowers their prices Amazon matches them...currently Amazon has This for $83.95.

audiomixer and MAYBEIMAMAZED like this.
  15. Michael

Jed wouldn't mind...neither would Oliver...

16. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I can't answer for Walmart.com but I was in Walmart 2 days ago and there it was. The packaging was the same as the one I bought for $69.96 months ago. The price drop occurred within the last week or so.

Michael likes this.
  17. Michael

in stores maybe...but on line they are not offering this price.

audiomixer likes this.
  18. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Well then maybe they're trying to get rid of existing stock? Just wondering, does Walmart sell, knowingly or unknowingly bootleg movies? I've seen blu-rays for say, 10 bucks on one rack, then on another, the exact same looking title says 24.95. They look identical but the price varies wildly.

Michael likes this.
  19. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Another example, Walmart has been selling the Planet Of The Apes Legacy Collection blu-ray for 15 bucks for months now. Amazon wants $28. I pointed this out to a used dvd store owner who wanted $30 but he didn't care. LOL, it's been on his shelves for months.

Michael likes this.
  20. Michael

walmart stores do not have ANY PULL on Amazon...they don't match them.

21. Michael

I have yet to have a problem with boots at Walmart and walmart.com...same for Amazon.

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

That wasn't my point. You said Amazon generally will match what Walmart offers but in the case of the POA collection, I've never seen Amazon come down to that price, not even for their Prime members and it's been $15 at WM for months now.

23. Michael

on where? store or internet?

24. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

I can walk into the nearest WM to me right now and get it for $15. I've never used WM's online service so I can't comment on what they charge although I'm surprised to hear the prices often don't match up. At first I thought it was the dvd version but nope, it's the blu-ray.

25. Michael

OK, That wasn't my point.... good grab it. YES, that's what I was talking about regarding Amazon and price matching...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.