Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDeanB

JDeanB Senior Member

I lived in Charlotte for more than 20 years, but am now in Newton...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

+1

3. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

yakety yak, hope everyone is thrilled with colored vinyl releases!

4. Peachy

Peachy Forum Resident

Went to the shop in Cali that had them early and bingo. Can’t say which though it’s just off the beach...

Mr. Explorer and Embracetheday like this.
  5. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

jlf likes this.
  6. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

7. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

There I was thinking you were about to ask everyone to talk about the NON-ARCHIVE COLLECTION re-releases in the thread dedicated to the post-Capitol deal reissues :)

Beaneydave and MaestroDavros like this.
  8. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Lucky you! Did you open Chaos yet?

9. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

On a proverbial forthcoming archive release, how do you think Paul will handle the batch of unreleased songs from the 80s known as the Return To Pepperland album? I can't see him putting that on a Flaming Pie Archive release since it mostly surfaced there as b-sides. And given how skimpy the bonus tracks are, would he couple this album with Press To Play? Will it be a digital download deluxe extra?

These questions have been keeping me up at night. I wish to know more.

Mr. Explorer, Yorick and RAJ717 like this.
  10. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

It's all over the IMWAN site that the word is the next Archive Collection release is Wildlife and RSS. Does anyone want to weigh-in on this ?

FKA002 likes this.
  11. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

Many people already have.

FKA002 likes this.
  12. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

I don't know/care if it was uDiscover who were hauled over the coals for the delivery issues in the last batch, but my Thrillington coloured LP has just been dispatched.

13. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

They probably were reading the info here! Until an announcement is made or if an insider spills the beans, it's all speculation---although it seems to be leaning toward Wild Life and RRS.

Oyster Boy and FKA002 like this.
  14. Calico

Calico Senior Member

More than speculation, as confirmed by two gentlemen who were involved each in one of these two original albums.

Mr. Explorer and FKA002 like this.
  15. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

My guess would be that the Pepperland sessions would likely become the bonus disc for Press To Play, along with "Spies Like Us," "Once Upon A Long Ago," "Hanglide" and "Yvonne." If there's a bonus/download disc, it would be the remixes from the era — or even more remixes, since they'd go over one disc. Flaming Pie could be an assortment of recordings from 1995-1998, which would fill a disc easily enough.

Mr. Explorer, Oyster Boy and RAJ717 like this.
  16. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I see that the Archive Collection Wings Over America on vinyl is gradually increasing in price (certainly in the UK anyway). I suspect this hasn't been part of any of the recent vinyl reissues recently because there were already plenty of Archive copies available to buy, so the demand might not be there.

Now that those supplies are potentially dwindling, hopefully Capitol will soon take the opportunity to get a new stock out there under their label, as part of another reissue in the next year or so. If that happens it will be really interesting to see what other albums are part of the next batch, presumably more that are not scheduled for their own Archive release.

The ones that would excite me the most? : Twin Freaks, Memory Almost Full and any of the Fireman albums.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

UDiscover just sent a shipping notice! It's going to be a long wait until they get here...

18. Embracetheday

Bullmoose is saying mine should arrive tomorrow (release day). Didn’t expect that!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

On Press to Play, he could fill a disc with other songs and remixes. Hopefully though, he doesn't short the early version/demos of the album. Those 'drier mixes' if you wish to call them that are much more enjoyable than the album in my opinion. All of that with Pepperland would be two hefty bonus discs. Even the yaks would have troubles carrying that.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Were the coloured vinyl variants limited to EMI/online? Any stores at street level getting them?

21. Embracetheday

There will be some indie stores receiving them. Not all - my local stores say they have placed an order but (as with the last colored reissues) they don’t know for sure what they will receive.

With the last batch, I actually didn’t see the color editions at any of my local stores until a couple months later.

22. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I'm not sure which two people that you are referring to.

But did someone like Denny Seiwell say that Wild Life & RRS are coming out next? Or did they say just that they contributed to an Archive set of Wild Life, although they do not know when it is coming out or if it is next in line?

23. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Amazon is still saying they don’t know exactly when my preordered black vinyl copies of the new batch will be dispatched/delivered. WTF, mang.

Benno123 likes this.
  24. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

My order from bullmoose just arrived. Chaos is not a gatefold.

PaulMcCartneysGhost and Yorick like this.
  25. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

No you’ve lost me -which song is WTF?

peace and love✌Dave
    ;)

Ben Adams likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.