Pioneer DV-563A Firmware Update .ISO's Still Lying Around?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by BobSmith8901, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobSmith8901

BobSmith8901 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've exhausted all possibilities of trying to find a copy of the 563a_1.906Zip firmware upgrade (to get the 563 upgraded to firmware 1.906 so it will play DVD-A's such as Morph the Cat, Gaucho, etc.)

I realize that I am as late to a party as one could get but does anyone still have their .ISO file lying around somewhere that they could e-mail me a copy of or Google docs ,etc?

It is literally NOT available anymore on any of the previously posted links although I guess I could have missed something. The thought of contacting Pioneer directly after all these years fills me with a Kafka-esque dread. Any help appreciated.

Wiredsol and denniedoo like this.
  2. BobSmith8901

I should clarify...the firmware upgrade type that folks might still have around could also be in a zip or bin format which could then be put into .ISO format before burning onto a CD.

3. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

I recently came across a DVD-R I had burned that I had labeled as the Pioneer Firmware Update. I just need to remember where I saw it. I will look for it tonight after work if I have time. In the meantime, shoot me a PM with your email. If you happen to get one before I find it just let me know.

4. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I have 2 files that I think may be firmware upgrades. I can email them to you.

Wiredsol likes this.
  5. BobSmith8901

Hi Hershiser--Thanks very much for your help!

I guess the files should say something like 563a_1.906Zip or something like that with firmware 1.906.

I'm not sure I have PM privileges yet as I'm a new member. Do you know how one PMs on here? I looked at my profile and I don't see any private message area. Maybe I'm too new for that privilege. Anyway, I'm trying to find out. Thanks again for your help.

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Do you see "In Box" in the upper left corner of the page? New members have to make at least 5(?) posts before it is visible IIRC.

upload_2018-5-16_11-38-46.png

7. BobSmith8901

Thanks for your assistance!

8. stereoptic

:tiphat:

9. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

I PMd you also. My 563a unit also is ‘stuck’. It won’t read any disc but says it’s stuck on DVD-Audio. Unfortunately, it won’t load those either.

10. dadonred

Will your unit load any type of disc? Mine won’t let me select DVD-video, stuck on DVD-audio but also won’t load or play those either. Weird.

11. dadonred

The real pain is it’s impossible to find a player with 7.1 output that also has component video out. Stuck without a unit and don’t want to upgrade my HT receiver. Sigh. I’d consider the oppo 83 or 93 but seems too much for an older unit.

12. stereoptic

I believe that I have one in storage, but I am not sure. I won't be able to check until the end of the month.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  13. BobSmith8901

I have only loaded DVD-Video, CD, CD-MP3's and data DVD-w/MP3's and I think that's it. They all play fine. Actually I have never owned or played a DVD-A; I was set to purchase a used copy of Donald Fagen's Morph the Cat DVD-A when I came upon threads as old as 13-14 years old talking about the 563-A's inability to play certain DVD-A's -"Morph" among them. I've been all over the internet and various forums but the elusive 563a 1.906 firmware file is un-findable anymore (dead links abound) and folks that own the 563, since it's been so many years, have tried but have not been able to find their firmware upgrade files in their personal storage. Anyway, that's my story.

denniedoo and dadonred like this.
  14. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Have you tried the Reset procedure first?

======================

Resetting the player

Use this procedure to reset all the player's settings to the factory default.

1. Switch the player into standby.
    2. Using the front panel buttons, hold down the (stop) button and press STANDBY/ON to switch the player back on.

All the player's settings are now reset, and you should see the 'Let's Get Started' screen.

======================

Assuming you did and were unsuccessful, you could try navigating here and clicking on the "File Request" link to possibly have them email the file to you.

Pioneer DV-563A firmware download DVD player device custom update

15. dadonred

Reset didn't work for me.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  16. biggerdog

biggerdog Senior Member

I found a CD-R (700MB) containing the 1.906 upgrade. I purchased 3 of these machines and used this disk to upgrade 2 of them (I left the third one alone but put the disk in the box). I've looked around for the original zip or whatever, but whatever computer I used is long gone. So, I've used ImgBurn to copy this disk; it's less than 5MB total.

If you're familiar with ImgBurn I can mail you the image files, but remember, if something goes wrong, like a power failure during the upgrade, you can brick your player.

I am still using the first 563a (as a transport), so I've never needed to unbox the spares. I do remember using it to play my sole DVD-A once--The Beatles' Love, which was mostly mashups (which I deplore), but I wanted to hear "I am the Walrus" in multichannel.

Here's what I'd scribbled on the disk label:

563a upgrade
    3/17/06 V 1.906
    Insert disk, let it go into machine, power down, then up. Wait 5 min.

denniedoo and Strat-Mangler like this.
  17. dadonred

PM sent.

18. BobSmith8901

PM sent.

19. dadonred

Any luck?? I will pass along something to check. I opened my player, found it would not spin. While cleaning the lens, I noticed something I thought was odd - a small plastic piece .25” with a spring wrapped around it. It stuck in my mind, because it blocked some of the lens. But not knowing really how the unit worked, and it appeared fixed, I just thought it was part of the mechanism and got out of the way during alignment.

Well, I revisited today and found there are two magnets alongside the lens assembly. The spring was magnetized to the left side, appearing “attached.” I removed it and the unit now loads, reads, plays. So I’m sharing with you to check in case yours has a similar failure mechanism.

I have no idea where the loose piece goes...the light gray plastic cylinder is flat on one end (like the head of a tack) and blunt on the other end. The head end has a hole and a slot. The spring around it only has about 3 coils. But it appears to play “fine.”

(Unfortunately, I assumed it was a bad spindle motor and bought a used oppo 95 ( since I still need component video and analog 7.1 out). It will be here soon. Also the unit is only playing 2-ch on dvd-Audio, even though it’s set for multi and shows the multi menu.)

Good luck!

20. dadonred

21. denniedoo

denniedoo New Member

hi there
    im new on here and hoping to get some help finding firmwares.
    im after the pioneer dv-563a firmware to update a dv-565a
    also after firmware for a 656a model as well
    thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.