Little House on the Prairie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jason88cubs, May 18, 2018.

1. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

I used to like it as a kid but it is too scripted and predictable, you knew that fifteen minutes before ending hell would break loose and a few minutes before the end everything would be nice and fluffy again:)

musicfan37 likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, TV life in an hour...: ) there's nothing that anyone can say that would not make me love this show!...it's like a good drug for the soul...

yesstiles and Uglyversal like this.
  3. Uglyversal

Yeah, I think the same recipe was used for Bonanza, Chips and several other shows I used to like.

clhboa and Michael like this.
  4. Uglyversal

BTW: I didn't say anything with the intention of putting you off the show.

5. Michael

..hard to grasp today.

6. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Tell that to Jonathan Garvey.

Keith V and Pelvis Ressley like this.
  7. Uglyversal

I only remember the Oleson mother and her spoiled daughter, its been too long but those too left a lasting impression

8. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

She's not quite there yet (will be 5 this summer) but it's a show I really want to watch and share with the grand-daughter when she is ready as I think she'll enjoy it, and frankly, I think it'd be very good for her to see and learn some respect and morals that are missing these days, from both TV and real life.

9. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

My wife and I enjoy it. It can be preachy at times, which I find off-putting, but as an overall I find it pretty relaxing to watch. Some episodes are also pretty grim.

We've got all the seasons on Blu-ray. We've watched seasons 1 through 6, but haven't watched 7,8, or 9 yet. We probably saw most of them when they originally aired.

Steve Litos and Michael like this.
  10. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I lost my Mom three years ago (I can't believe it's already been three years), and she absolutely loved "The Waltons" and "Little House". Whenever I flip through the channels and come across the show or hear the theme music, it seems like I should be able to look over and see her sitting there watching it...

11. Michael

7, 8 ,9 are done by Amazon (pressed BD)...S7 takes a beating by many critics, but IMO it looks great! and we get an UV HD copy...how'd you like the BD?

12. Michael

I'm sure it gave her peace and depending on how old she was when she watched the Walton's she can remember those rough times...my Mom did.

13. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

That's exactly right. She was a little girl in the early 1930s and "The Waltons" reminded her so much of growing up and struggling in those days.

Benno123, Kirk76 and Michael like this.
  14. Michael

: )

15. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident Thread Starter

When I was younger I would watch Bonanza with my dad and Little AHouse with my grandma

Took me YEARS to realize the same person played Little Joe and Charles lol

16. jason88cubs

a lot of LHOP episodes were recycled plots from Bonanza and also Michael Landon hired a lot of people from Bonanza to work on LHOP

17. jason88cubs

18. The Slug Man

The Slug Man Forum Resident

In the First Grade the teacher went around the room asking everyone their favorite color. When she got to me I said "Black." Everyone stopped and she went "Black!?! Why?" I answered, "Because it's the darkest color."

Little House was too "white bread" for me, even at 7 in 1979. My life then revolved around Star Wars, Legos, and KISS...

vamborules likes this.
  19. George Co-Stanza

Dang, Melissa Sue Anderson looks stunning (considering her age).

And LOL at Dean Butler's "How they did watch it?" joke.

20. jason88cubs

Michael Landon Jr looks NOTHING like his father

I'm not attracted to guys but Michael Landon was a good looking guy. Crazy to think how well in shape he was considering he drank like a fish and smoked like a chimney

If I recall Melissa Gilbert said Michael always had whiskey in his coffee on set

21. George Co-Stanza

I thought Jr looked like the actor who played Stewart on Cheers (the episode where Diane makes a date over the phone and she ends up being attracted to him intellectually but not physically).

Jarleboy likes this.
  22. jason88cubs

he does! good call!

Jarleboy and George Co-Stanza like this.
  23. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I haven't opened 7,8,9 yet, but I thought they were pressed by Lionsgate? I'll have to check. The packaging looked the same as the previous seasons.

The BD look fantastic! It's funny to see the shows looking better than I've ever seen them before. :)

Michael likes this.
  24. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I remember when this was shown in Britain in the 70s. I never watched it, because it was perceived to be a 'girl's programme.'

25. Michael

they were but, they were exclusives for Amazon as Lionsgate only offered DVDs of 7, 8, 9...at first they were MOD by Amazon.