Eagles's album Hell Freezes Over Remaster

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rad Dudeski, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rad Dudeski

Rad Dudeski Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just curious to know if Hell Freezes Over will be remastered anytime soon?
    I think it'd be cool if they did a CD/DVD edition like they did with The Power Station's album back in '05. Maybe give us some bonus material or a Hi-Res copy of the album on the DVD along with the original '94 concert. If it were re-released on vinyl it'd be sweet if it were released on 4 lps @ 45 rpm. I know its probably wishful thinking and all but I hope they'd go full dynamics on it. Brickwalling such a great album or any album sickens me. It reminds me of Def Leppards recent remasters, all are brickwalled and sound like $h!t, why go through the headache and time to remaster the album, bonus material, then take a dump on it and make it sound distorted?

905 likes this.
  2. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

It'll get remastered when...wait for it... Hell freezes over.

But seriously, its anybody's guess.

3. Rad Dudeski

Sounds about right. Lol.

4. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

I would love a complete DVD from the 94 tour. 25+ songs. So awesome. I have a soundboard audio from the Giants Stadium which I listen to a lot, but a 5.1 would be so much better. Maybe they dont want to release it since Felder was a part of it.

Mike Visco, longaway, supermd and 2 others like this.
  5. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It did get reissued on vinyl a few years back, if I recall. I don't know about a remaster.

6. Rad Dudeski

I would venture to guess that could contribute to it and the fact it was released on Geffen (part of UMG now, if i'm not mistaken) and not on Asylum/Elektra/Warner.

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  7. Rad Dudeski

That 2014 reissue was a bootleg according to Discogs master release Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

8. spewey

spewey Senior Member

9. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Just saw this on soundstage. I wonder how the mastering was done? ;)

10. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I've always liked the CD - are you saying the dynamics are limited?

Rad Dudeski likes this.
  11. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

12. Rad Dudeski

Kinda odd Amazon doesn't have it on there... and I don't see any information about it on the Eagles website.

13. Rad Dudeski

That is another reason why im hesitant to buy... I already have the original '94 version (had to break the bank in order to get it). :doh:

14. RelayerNJ

RelayerNJ Forum Resident

It's not on music direct either. hmm.

15. The CD sounds fine to me, so does the DVD. Unless it's going to be lots of unreleased bonus material I'll stick with what I have.

16. Rad Dudeski

The CD is brickwalled pretty bad, sounds too loud and as if something is missing. The DVD doesn't sound bad at all... The original vinyl definitely sounds much better vs the CD to my ears.

17. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

$55 is steep. I have had horrible luck with SSD the past year - they might reel me back in though with a 25% off sale. Even then, $41 is still on the steep side. This had been a grail of mine for quite a while but I finally removed it from my Discogs want list because I was never paying anywhere close to $150+ for this.

18. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

I remember the original Laser Disc being reference material at the time for both audio and video. The audio likely holds up as being reference.

mj_patrick and MikeJedi like this.
  19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Liked to have a copy on vinyl, hope this is happening

20. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Be pretty cool to have. This is my second favorite Eagles album (after The Long Run) and the Eagles album I grew up listening to.

21. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

LD is definitely reference. I still own it. At least for the Audio side. I have the hell freezes over simply vinyl and it’s nice. Not sure how this one will pan out or if it is an improvement. I have the XRCD version and it kicks butt on that one for digital ..

thxphotog likes this.
  22. Rad Dudeski

Something else's I noticed is the catalog number is different on the Soundstage direct site vs the original LP. GEF-2514 on SSD site and GEF-24725 on my 94 LP. Hmm.... the only conclusion I can come to is since its an import, maybe it is being pressed in Japan? I've noticed Japan usually uses different product numbers on there releases.

23. Rad Dudeski

Well, they changed it from saying just Geffen as the label to Geffen SV which could possibly indicate it is the Simply Vinyl variant. If so, I'll just stick with what I already have.

24. wwright

wwright Forum Resident

This is a great performance.

Hopefully they put some effort into this reissue. I’ll pick it up.

25. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

I pre ordered this, but it has not shipped. Sound stage direct has not replied to my emails, and it says discontinued on their site :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.