Record Store Day 2018: Gene Clark - Back Street Mirror 6-song E.P.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Clarkophile, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night Thread Starter

2. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

$25 shipping outside of the US? Yikes....

Next Year's Man likes this.
  3. Next Year's Man

Next Year's Man Forum Resident

Exactly. But I've bitten the bullet and ordered it. I've been longing to hear the Masekela version of Yesterday Am I Right since I read about it in John Einarson's book.

Revolver, indigo_m and Clarkophile like this.
  4. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

I'll order off Discogs. This was supposed to save people from the flippers, I thought. I'll take a higher priced record rather than being gouged for shipping. Between this and the Gene Clark Lost Studio Sessions deluxe box experience, very disappointed with Sierra.

5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

I can only hope things have improved on the shipping end from the debacle that plagued Lost Studio Sessions and I see this ep before Christmas.

6. tymespan

tymespan Forum Resident

Anything from 9 ounces to 2 lbs is $23.50 for most countries.
    Sierra is not gouging anybody, that's what the Post Office is charging.

indigo_m and hutlock like this.
  7. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Very true. Shipping overseas is very expensive. It’s an unfortunate reality.

8. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Not to Canada though. He will only ship Priority mail here which is unnecessary for a $17 record.

Clarkophile likes this.
  9. Catbirdman

Catbirdman Forum Resident

I want to order this beautiful product, but full disclosure: I have no record player currently. (Hope they don't strip me of my forum credentials for that.) Does it contain a download code? I have been following this thread since the beginning but can't recall, and now can't find the info. Sorry if it's a repeat question.

I do recall that it was said that when the vinyl stock runs out, they will sell a digital download. Any word on if/when this will happen? It seems there is no chance of a CD, as far as we know...

indigo_m likes this.
  10. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

No download code in the vinyl.

indigo_m likes this.
  11. Catbirdman

Catbirdman Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. So basically you have to be a vinyl buyer or you're screwed. It's not on Spotify or youtube that I can see either. Guess I'll hold out for the digital release.

12. No download code in mine.

13. crozcat

crozcat Forum Resident

I´d like to have this, but if there is no CD I´ll wait for a digital download.
    No way I would pay over 40 dollars!

14. Clarkophile

I’m sorry. This really sucks.

15. Revolver

Revolver Forum Resident

Thanks Tom, yup it does. $60 (or close to) in our currency is a lot for 6 songs. Even if it is Gene Clark.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Clarkophile likes this.
  16. Bjorn Kjetil Johansen

Bjorn Kjetil Johansen Vortex Surfer

Living in Norway, I saw this deal as the only opportunity to obtain this record, so I ordered two copies. Yes, the postage ratings suck, but that's not Sierra Records' fault. Obviously I'm a big fan of Gene Clark.

Next Year's Man and Clarkophile like this.
  17. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

I bit the bullet on this one too. It's a one-off, and it's Gene.

Remembering Gene Clark especially today, on the 27th anniversary of his passing.

[​IMG]

18. JimmieP

JimmieP Forum Resident

I caved and ordered......to the UK :yikes::crazy:

I went for the 3-record deal of 'Gene Clark -Back Street Mirror' + 'Early L.A' compilation + 'Tim Hardin Lost in L.A' to try and minimise the pain of shipping.
    Came out at:

Total $39.98 + $36.00P&P = $76.98USD

Which in good ol' GBP is about £58.00 - which works out at just under £20 a record, inc. shipping. Steep, but just about acceptable... I know if I had seen Back Street Mirror and the Tim Hardin in the UK record shops on RSD for £20 I'd have bought them so I feel ok about this...ish.
    The Early L.A is, well, a bonus I guess, I mean it is my kind of thing, even if I do own 90% of the songs already....:rolleyes: :hide:

19. E.Jonker

E.Jonker Well-Known Member

Including postage to Australia, my copy of Back Street Mirror is costing me $43. Not bad considering they're asking between $60 and $100 for a copy on Ebay.
    As an aside, there seems to be a glitch in the Sierra online order form, that adds the word "other" in the shipping address. I hope that doesn't confuse the postal services. I've tried to alert Sierra to this problem, but my mail server doesn't seem to like talking to Sierra's mail server.

20. Noise Annoys

Noise Annoys Forum Resident

I saw that too and tried to change it without success. :rolleyes:
    If it gets to Ireland in the first place I'm confident it will find its way to my house!

E.Jonker likes this.
  21. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    E.Jonker likes this.
  22. Clarkophile

Any fans of ‘She Told Me’ or ‘That’s What You Want’?

indigo_m likes this.
  23. indigo_m

indigo_m @Neon_Brambles

That's What You Want is my favorite! I love the lyrics. It's a mature love song from a 21 year old Gene-ius! The harmonica is lovely. But you know, I love all the songs on there... :love:

24. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Finally got round to playing my copy that I picked up on RSD. Its really great and I especially love the title track which with the trumpets has a real Forever Changes feel to it. A great addition to the Gene Clark collection - looking forward to the Omnivore release too.

25. S Bindra

S Bindra Well-Known Member

Anyone know when the digital version of this will be up for purchase?
    My record player isn't currently operational and staring at the 12" isn't helping my patience in hearing the music.

HappyFingers and indigo_m like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.