"Roseanne" revival with John Goodman, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

they chose to work with the P.O.S....

2. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

Do you interview all your managers and co-workers on their political views before deciding whether to quite your job?

numer9 likes this.
  3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

4. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

she has a long history and a very public one at that...

I feel no pity for any of them....

The woman is abhorrent and has been for decades...

Also shame on ABC for putting money before decency...

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

No remorse whatsoever. First she gets political, and then advertises a show she'll be on.

Jrr, zebop, Kassonica and 1 other person like this.
  6. Grant

And, having to deal with it every stinking day eats at you too.

I can see the day when employers will hire based on one's socio-political views. They can't ask your age or sex, or religion, but your social politics is fair game. Will it be a good thing for dealing with this sort of thing? Will companies follow Starbucks' lead?

zebop likes this.
  7. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

I'm sticking to Mike And Molly from now on.

8. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

That is my perspective as well. I could not stand her.

JoeRockhead and Strat-Mangler like this.
  9. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

10. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Rosanne’s idiocy gives all the celebrity has-beens on Twitter another moment in the spotlight to signal just how awesomely virtuous they are. Hooray!:wiggle:

You know the world is going to hell when the infraction and the correction both seem to cancel each other out. One thing is certain: Twitter is cancer.

marblesmike and OldSoul like this.
  11. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Well, she's showing absolutely no remorse now.

JoeRockhead and Grant like this.
  12. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

False equivalency.

13. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Nope. Equally annoying. Both full of themselves. Unless you like to grandstand too.

14. Grant

I'm sure half the Waffle Houses in the country will proudly play her DVDs at their stores.

15. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Sorry - can you explain the connection?

16. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

You may not realize it, but you're piously passing judgement here too, rather sweepingly.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    SuntoryTime likes this.
  17. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Just think about it....

Mitland likes this.
  18. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

That would be dangerous. Someone would need to send me a list every couple weeks to remind me what views are socially acceptable so I don't get in hot waters. Thank goodness in this modern age we are educated enough to know the obvious but what is not acceptable is ever changing it seems. My kid had his freshman college orientation and the kids were told not to use gender pronouns if at all possible.

MarkTheShark likes this.
  19. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

It's weird that a platform gets the blame. Are we going to blame the telephone for robo-calls? It's not the inventor's fault when the user shouts to the world they're a giant asshat.

bekayne, geo50000, Jrr and 2 others like this.
  20. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

Never saw that but it was funny.

21. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

To shut down a major hit show like this is unusual. I can't recall a previous case where the ratings were as high, and they pulled the plug on it in one afternoon meeting.

OldSoul likes this.
  22. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Roseanne Barr Incites Fury With Racist Tweet, and Her Show Is Canceled by ABC
    "Tuesday was the first day that “Roseanne” producers and writers convened on the show’s lot in Studio City, Calif., to begin work on the next season. According to Bruce Rasmussen, an executive producer, they were aware of Ms. Barr’s tweet when they arrived and “were horrified.” But they thought it could take a few days for the repercussions to be decided. Instead, within just a few minutes of getting to work, the group of a little more than a dozen people found out the show had been canceled as the news circulated online.

“We were gut-punched,” Mr. Rasmussen said. “It was really depressing that that one stupid sentence that she sent out destroyed a whole bunch of peoples’ jobs.”

Someone posted earlier, "they chose to work for that POS."

Thing is, who among the underlings had any power over her? I've worked some real pieces of work, too. They were powerful people. I was not.

23. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

I agree. In no way is Twitter responsible for what people post. If anything Twitter (and the other social media sites) has exposed the dark side of human personality rather than burying what people managed to keep hidden more easily in the past. It's sad and ugly to keep having to deal with it, but it also creates dialog on how to solve the problems.

24. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it, I find it abhorrent that you find her that way, just my thoughts.

And Hollywood, you are now on notice! You will not get one penny of my hard earned money ever again, and I'm not alone on this, many others are sick and tired of this PC bullcrap, it's one thing to make a disgusting comment on social media and quite another to allow the crap against children and women over the last century for money, put that in your pipe Kass and smoke it!

Bless you Rosanne, no worry's girlfriend, someone will pick up your show,

rburly likes this.
  25. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

I can't remember ever seeing anything of her...been out of the country for many, many years. I'll have to see if I can find what's she's all about -- an old episode or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.