"Roseanne" revival with John Goodman, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice Marmot

Nice Marmot Nothin’ feels right but doin’ wrong anymore

Don't be so judgmental. Roseanne is brilliantly setting up her platform for her run to defeat Oprah in the presidential race six years from now. Her running mate will be Michael Richards.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

She can say whatever she wants. But if people don't like it, they can say so too. And if her employers don't like it they can fire her. I don't see how that is sad. I also don't see how it's much different than what happened with Al Campanis 31 years ago. Publicly making racist statements has been a sure way to get yourself in hot water for decades. This is not something new.

3. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Jimmy The Greek Snyder also.

4. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

She should have stuck to singing.

5. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Honestly, her tweets are ALL OVER THE PLACE. One hour she's apologetic and retweeting people saying she's wrong, the next she's back to conspiracy theories.

The swings and the sheer amount of tweets make this look like a manic episode, to me.

I'm guessing this is my last post on the topic here, 'cause I'm going to sleep and this thread seems to have outrun its lifespan.

Grant and Frittenköter like this.
  6. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

Only one of her tweets seemed to be racist. I think it may have more to do with the other tweets that may have landed her in hot water. And don't discount how wildly popular the show suddenly became....

7. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

What does her power have to do with people choosing to work with her??? Just because someone has less power does not mean that they have their lives controllled by someone else. A weak argument there.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  8. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Not only the show but her agency dropped her as well which means her career might have really ended for good.

9. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Her tweets read like somebody who spends way too much of their free time on Breitbart and/or Infowars. Disturbing, to say the least.
    Welcome to 2018. Better get used to it...

10. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Ambien tweeting?
    Really?

11. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

No great loss re her career :)

JoeRockhead and Grant like this.
  12. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

This is what I mean. We think it’s one since she’s a celebrity and who’s a public figure. We’ve seen lives destroyed because of false accusations lamblasted over social media, and lives destroyed over videos of situations edited to show only one side of the story or the story the media wants to tell. They go viral and these private, non-public figures are launched into the stratosphere and publically humiliated. That mob mentality is wrong. We shouldn’t condone that or encourage it.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  13. Frittenköter

Frittenköter Forum Resident

no surprises here. if she didn't want this to happen, she should've not posted what she did on social media.

14. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

I think we need a little break. Let's all go outside & get some fresh air.

Love to all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.