Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

The original was the kind you rip off, which is why you don't always find them that way anymore. I think the one I had still had a tiny bit of shrink when I bought it, but it was no where near complete, so I chucked it.

2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

So perhaps I will buy 2 boxes so as to keep the red shrink wrap intact! Under 2 weeks until release now.

3. HE1NZ

HE1NZ Forum Resident

Was there any details on digital download version? A new master in hi-res?

4. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Why do you say that?

5. OldSoul

Box 5000 out of 5000 would be marked 05000?

Turntable likes this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Correct.

The most famous example of a numbered album - the White Album - had 7 digits for the initial UK pressing but never got to 700,000 let alone 1,000,000. They all start with a zero.

7. OldSoul

Ah ok, I didn't realize that.
    [​IMG]

mick_sh and marcb like this.
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I’d still say it’s even money we’ll see #’s higher than 05000 though...

OldSoul likes this.
  9. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

Collectors Choice canceled my order today even though they are still taking orders for the box set at $110 more than I paid. Unlike the other person this happened to, I’m in the US. I guess they don’t have to honor pre-order pricing? I’ll never purchase anything from this company again.

Mo0g likes this.
  10. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Unreal. I’m expecting mine to be canceled as well, now. And like you, if they cancel my order, I will never order a thing from them again.

11. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I’m waiting as well.

Is $374 at music direct still the best current price?

12. btltez

btltez Forum Resident

did they send you cancellation emails? I ordered from them too but mine is still there. might just cancel and pay the extra on amazon. at least I know I will get it. Not sure I trust CC.

13. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Acoustic Sounds has the same price. Also this should include free FedEx shipping.

dasacco likes this.
  14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

At least (I hope) you didn't throw in some other items along with the Stones box...

Never use CC unless it's a lone item at an amazing price (otherwise it's not worth the risk of cancelation and getting left high and dry) OR lots of items at low prices (so if 1 or 2 are canceled, you're not getting as screwed on a per item basis for the $10 flat rate s&h.)

And their customer service is a joke.

15. Who knows, they could be doing 5,000 copies for the US and 5,000 for Europe. We'll have to wait and see.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's what i thought. now i'll definitely never order from them.

17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I doubt it. I have a hard time seeing 5,000 of this $350+ box selling worldwide anytime soon, let alone 10,000. If it's 10,000 worldwide, you'll be seeing this under $250 (maybe even $200) within a year.

Nevertheless edition numbers frequently seem to show up which are greater than the supposed limited edition amount. Maybe they press extras for lost, damaged, etc items...I don't know. Or they just lie and hope nobody notices or cares enough to file a class action lawsuit.

And then there's the Springsteen RSD Greatest Hits vinyl which was supposedly limited to 5,000 (but numbers much higher than that were common) and yet was also supposedly the biggest RSD seller...

18. Agree I'm sure 5000 is the maximum number worldwide. The audience for these boxes is not that big. Some (or all) of these will most likely end up out individually in a year or two or three. .

19. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

Collectors Choice update: seems I may have been mistaken about them canceling my order. I had called to update my credit card for my order. But it seems their policy is, (instead of simply using the new card number), to cancel the previous order and then place a new order with the new cc #. So the cancellation email I received was for that original order. To add another confusing wrinkle -- because I called to update my credit card info, for some reason they don't put the updated order status on the website in my account info. So, my apologies if I made anyone freak out about their CC order. With all that said, I'm still kind of holding my breath that the box set arrives from these guys. It seems like an incredibly slipshod operation.

btltez and dasacco like this.
  20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Maybe they'll end up released individually...folks are still waiting on those individual mono reissues a year and half later. And they never released the stuff from the previous post-ABKCO box individually.

I hope my skepticism is proven wrong.

21. HE1NZ

HE1NZ Forum Resident

What are the chances of digital download version being made available on HD Tracks and such soon after 15th of June? I only care about digital remaster really.

22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s supposedly vinyl only mastering from flat DSD transfers. Downloads may be made available - maybe even from the same sources (although I doubt it) - but they won’t be the same mastering.

23. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

24. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Get yas one of these :
    Pro-Ject Rolling Stones Debut Turntable

25. Jackflash27

Jackflash27 Forum Resident

On the superdeluxeedition site someone says:
    “On the box itself (not the flyer shown in the video) it was clearly stamped as 37/5000.”

So looks like limited to 5000 after all

Shawn and OldSoul like this.