The Toys That Made Us on Netflix

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pinknik, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member Thread Starter

A four episode documentary series on Netflix and the theme song seems to indicate that four more episodes are in the offing. I enjoyed the first four covered: Star Wars, Barbie, He-Man and G.I. Joe. The series has my kind of sense of humor and the drama that went into the creation and marketing of these iconic toys is pretty interesting stuff. Of the first four, I only really collected Star Wars toys when I was a kid. If you like toys, you might check it out.

2. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I just saw that it was on there; I follow their page on Facebook, and have been waiting to watch it.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I watched all 4 episodes. They’re quite good and I look forward to seeing more.

melstapler likes this.
  4. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Interesting little series. I collected Star Wars, He-Man, and GI Joe when I was a kid, so I watched those 3 episodes.
    Noticed several He-Man characters that I'm pretty sure I owned as a kid, but had totally forgotten about until seeing them on screen.
    Skipped the Barbie episode, for obvious reasons. ;)

5. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

Robot Chicken

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

wish they'd cover the great toys of the late 50's-mid 60's...Creepy Crawlers!

melstapler likes this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Season 2 is here! Some hilarious Star Trek toys! I watched episode one and will watch the rest when time allows.

8. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

Marty Abrams, who was on that episode with Star Trek, was at Mego Meet this past weekend. He and his family were Mego Toys. Mego Corporation is coming back with some new figures for this year.

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. MikeInFla

Great news! I love Mego! I know Bif Bang Pow! did quite a few replicas over the years. They have some cool retro looking TZ figures as well

[​IMG]

And some hilarious Mike Tyson figures:

[​IMG]

Apollo C. Vermouth likes this.
  10. MikeInFla

We had these when we were kids and they were pretty crappy. I beg to differ with the 1300 feet claim, more like 13 feet hahaha.

Apollo C. Vermouth likes this.
  11. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

Watched the Trek episode last night... I had most of those toys! (not the helmet, though)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.