Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Waters DSOTM Tour film was not meant to be a concert film but rather a documentary that contained live footage from the tour. The film was called SWADDLE, the whole thing got scrapped and the concept partially repurposed for the release of Roger's Wall tour video.

Now that Roger has gotten this out of his system I'm anticipating a much more traditional, straight forward approach to the release from this tour.

2. dvda

dvda Forum Resident

Mister Toon,

Will this release include the original 8-track version of POTW (not the Snowy White Goldtop version)?

What about the unreleased 4.0 quad mix?

JediJoker and fredblue like this.
  3. rontoon

No freakin idea. But as soon as I know so shall you all.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I thought the 8 track version was the Snowy White version ? :confused:

5. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

They did a great job on the concert visuals & sound on his recent Wall tour video release. So I am happy to hear he’s filming Amsterdam and hope it makes it to Bluray later this year!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  6. Myke

This one from 2015 ?

[​IMG]

7. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Yeah, watched it many times!

8. Myke

Me too. The last time I reached for it, I laughed to myself...I'm supposed to be a " David guy," but not only did I buy this, but the quality is so high, I'm constantly rewatching it !

NunoBento likes this.
  9. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

I'm surprised to see such high praise. It was a disaster for me. Footage from multiple nights and presentations (arena and stadium), they even switch in individual songs!! Hardly any shots of the band. Plenty of missed shots of effects, the biggest one from memory is the f**king flowers. Sound is horrible, very compressed.

Haven't watched in a long time, maybe I need to try again.

I did however like the road trip footage and music that accompanied it. Probably the best thing to come out of the big deluxe sets is this music, I love listening on my PONO. Very compelling.

10. Count me in the group that’s less than thrilled with this release. Barely got through it once. It sits on the shelf.

11. rontoon

I'm with you. And every time I tried to give it another chance I usually don't make it to the halfway point.

drum_cas and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  12. drum_cas

drum_cas Forum Resident

What was that about? Maybe he wantend an al ages rating?

When I went to the concert in Arnhem it was such a great al senses experience, so i had high hopes for it. Went to the cinema screaning, impressed with the atmos audio there. At home I was just not that impressed anymore.

So roll in The Wall surround!

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Clears the bar set by, oh, say, McCartney's live DVD releases easily. Plenty of performance footage in there as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, as long as Live In Berlin exists, I'm pleased with any other Wall presentation.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  14. I’m glad there are folks who enjoy it. This particular release just wasn’t my cup of tea, that’s all. :tiphat:

15. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

I wish I could find the exact quote from The Wall DVD extras, but Waters said something to the effect that one reason he doesn't like the film is that there's no humor in the film, and humor's a big part of my life. And then he goes and makes his own version documenting his journey visiting of memorials and gravesites... ironic.

Back to Animals , 5.1, bring it on! This is one of my personal Holy Grails and I can't wait to pop it in the player.

Mark

Josip likes this.
  16. dvda

dvda Forum Resident

It's not the same mix.

rontoon likes this.
  17. Myke

So you're stating that some 8 tracks got the Snowy White mix, while others did not ?

18. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

All 8-tracks have the 8-track mix, Snowy's version on his Gold Top anthology CD is a remix that closely (but not completely) copies it

Lost In The Flood, zinan and rontoon like this.
  19. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Gave an old CD version of Animals a spin today, having seen the thread all week. Ah, the memories. Always wished they had a "Cats" song on there as well. I'd love to hear Roger's take on Cat-like people.

20. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I agree, this release is a trainwreck. The audio sucks so bad that I can not make it through a viewing.

rontoon likes this.
  21. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Forum Resident

NunoBento and andrewskyDE like this.
  22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Riding the train from Gatwick to central London last year I was horrified to see that glass monstrosity so close to the power station. I worked in Redhill in the early 80s, and used to do that train journey regularly. Seeing the power station each time was always a thrill. Now you just see a faceless glass box. :(

Billy_Sunday and superstar19 like this.
  23. rontoon

Recently heard this was scheduled for late October.

24. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

I'm drooling.... like DOGS do.

25. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Forum Resident

I’d still like to see a release of Meddle 5.1 for the rest of us.

bholz, Terry, Michael Rose and 8 others like this.