Music videos, movies and TV shows that my kids are in!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EchoStars24

EchoStars24 Well-Known Member

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Bragging time again. My middle kid on ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat" the night before last. ABC sent us a couple of good screen grabs of his scene as “Lucas” (next door neighbor kid) with “Lewis” aka show star Randall Park in Tuesday’s episode. Lewis is being "helpful" and trying to explain the birds & the bees! Funny scene. So proud of him. A true industry pro! 4E7505A6-0E5A-4179-B7D6-7B786575061D.JPG

3. Steve Hoffman

My wife was on one set with the Song Sleuth so I had to go to Fox yesterday with my daughter who got to work with Millie Bobby Brown. Call time was 6:30 AM. My consolation is that they were serving yummy breakfast but geez, a long day at Fox.

Here is MBB goofing with my daughter on set.
    millie one.jpg millie three.jpg millie two.jpg

4. Steve Hoffman

MBB sure was nice. She's going to be a big, big star.

5. QuestionMark?

QuestionMark? 4TH N' GOAL

They are adorable, Steve!

6. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

You're Kid's are talented Like You Steve and I am sure Mom is just as Great!
    Good genes and great parents!
    They are happy well-balanced children and it shows!

7. Steve Hoffman

One more pic I took of Millie Bobby Brown. Hard to remember she is just 13, she carries herself like an adult. millie bobby brown by steve.jpg

8. teag

teag Forum Resident

That’s too bad actually.

9. Steve Hoffman

No, she’s fine. Giggles and rubs around like a girl. But when the camera is rolling, she snaps right into it.

MikaelaArsenault and teag like this.
  10. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Caught some photos of your girl Millie at the Kid's Choice Awards.

[​IMG]

That was quite something of her to have her jacket made up with the names of all seventeen Parkland victims on the back.

[​IMG]

11. Steve Hoffman

She's a good person.

12. Steve Hoffman

I have no idea who this is, but this video has two of my three kids in it. SAG/AFTRA so it's legit!

Do you know who this is? This is totally confusing to me. My kids look cute though, and got paid union wage so everyone is happy...

13. Steve Hoffman

OK, Karla just told me, the star of the video is a very famous drag queen. No idea why my kids were picked for this, but whatever...

So there ya go..

14. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

:laugh:
    lol

SandAndGlass likes this.
  15. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I need to check out this movie, as I prefer Horror that is creepy over bloody. It is always what is 'behind the door' concept and atmosphere, that can create Good Horror and scares in your own mind more effectively-IMO. Thought I read that there was no Blood shown in 'Halloween', but not sure if that was exactly true. Although, I realized that if you remove the music from the Scenes in Halloween, it is not as scary, so Music also sets the atmosphere in some cases to raise the level of Horror.

I did not see this thread until today, so congrats on your Family Success in the Acting World. I think Parents(and maybe partially the Set Environment of Adults who work with the Kids) determine how Young Kid Actors turn out later in life(to avoid some of the pitfalls we have seen in the past of some kids ending up with problems such as drugs, alcohol, depression, etc. or some kids just burned out in the acting industry by the time they become adults), and seems like you and your wife have the correct perspective on how to have your kids handle growing up in the acting industry.

I do question Parents, who use their Kids as pawns in Reality TV Shows though, as a means to make money for the family, but admired kids who are good actors in TV Dramas/Comedy Shows & Movies(like the Steinfeld Girl who was in the Western Movie about 5-6 years ago who showed great acting ability, or going back to the kid, who was in 'The Sixth Sense' Movie or the Kids in the more recent 'IT' Movie and those who were in the Original Version).

I think of the actor(Chandler Riggs?), who played Carl as Rick's Son on TWD, and hearing him interviewed over the years as a young kid and recently now as a young man, who seems well adjusted after spending his PreTeen/Teen Years as an Actor on TWD, and that show has created such a big following, that the kid had to deal with public appearances to promote the show and meet fans at events. I am only speculating that he has Parents, who helped him navigate a Career as a Kid Actor, and still have a Life to enjoy Kid Activities and get a good education while on the Set.

In the end, if a kid is having fun, and does not see it as work, then Acting or learning a Music Instrument(or other Activities) can be a great experience.

I see a big problem with Youth Sports, as a person who did Sports Conditioning, although now doing Sport Video Programs(was doing Game Video for College Recruiting, but about to focus on Sports Skills Video Analysis Programs). Our Society for Youth Sports is treating Kids as 'Miniature Adults'(when emotionally they are still kids) and Kids pressured to play the Same Sport Year Round on their Club Teams(a few not allowed to even have time to play for their High School Teams for Soccer). Parent Behavior I see at Games is a whole other problem, living their lives through their kids in some cases, but do not want to get into these topics much here to get off the topic of Kids in Acting, but glad to discuss it with anyone through a PM.

Back to Acting-Maybe your Kids Agents can get them on 'Stranger Things' if that Show ever is seeking more Kids for other characters needed in future Seasons, as that seems like a dream show for kids to want to be a part of the cast and show with its success and quality.

16. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I was in a Mr. Yuck commercial when I was a kid. I just tried and failed to open a child-proof pill bottle.

They didn't let me in SAG.

17. Steve Hoffman

Here's my eight year old daughter (in the blue, her own clothes, boots and bloomies, by the way, not re-costumed) in a new music video..

18. seacliffe301

seacliffe301 Forum Resident

Very nice Steve, you have great looking kids.
    It must be very exciting. It’s funny to hear of your juggling your kids around studios the way most of us have had to juggle kids around sporting events. Congrats on their success.

19. Steve Hoffman

Check this. "2 Chainz - Bigger Than You ft. Drake, Quavo"

That's my kid in the beard.. He's playing young Murda Beatz. Don't play this at work or for your kids..

20. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Now that's great, because Dad has certainly been taking a lot of unpaid Gort hours lately...

Setting a bad worth ethic example, Boss....

21. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

The ultimate music video, of your kids would be one that you mastered the music...:shtiphat:

22. Steve Hoffman

Over 5.5 million views so far.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  23. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I have to comment, that that those numbers are pretty amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.