The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Starz has been running the final season of Black Sails this past week and I'm all in! So much better this 2nd time around. An extraordinary and unique show the likes of which may never be seen again!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Outer Limits...

3. Michael

have it, but haven't ripped into it...can't wait, but we recently finished watching the DVDs..and they were not great quality...so...

4. Michael

last weeks Fear The Walking Dead...missed this past week but found out it wasn't aired...

5. Michael

quality is great, eh? I was floored compared to the crappy DVDs...

6. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

Been watching a new Canadian detective type show called Carter. As far as semi comical detective shows go I think this one is ok. I'm three episodes in and I'm invested. One of the lead roles is Detective Sam Shaw played by Sydney Taniia Poitier, daughter of the great Sidney Poitier.

Here's the show synopsis:

An actor returns home after a public meltdown. Partnering with his police detective friend, he tries to use his acting experience to solve real crimes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  7. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

Still recovering from surgery and unable to work, so watching lots of stuff. Today about 20 episodes of Green Acres from my massive GA complete series box. That show is so surreal! Huge ARNOLD ZIFFLE fan!

8. Veggie Boy

Veggie Boy still trudgin'

Caught a rerun of Trophy Wife. First Wife...Second Wife...Trophy Wife

This was an ABC sitcom that was cancelled after only one season. Every time I catch a rerun I get annoyed about the cancellation. Trophy Wife was funny, smart, and had a great cast. Why was this cancelled? It wasn't a laugh-track inserted mindless piece of crap that run for multiple seasons (like Two Broke Girls for example).

9. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

In my next chapter of too late to the party, I'm currently binging Orange Is The New Black.
    I. Love. This. Show.
    I was well aware of the all of the attention and awards this show got, and yet I've stayed away, not usually a fan of the prison drama (comedy? this show has it in equal parts). I was so wrong.
    The character development in this show is off the charts. And there are so many! This is one of those shows that you really have to watch in mass quantities because the stories of these women are so rich, and their personalities so varied. And no ridiculous timelines to keep track of! Sorry- I'm a little salty about Westworld.

10. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Code Black - How come no one watches this show? I've been watching it since the beginning and think its a pretty good medical show and a lot better than other, more popular shows that focus on the love affairs of gorgeous, hunky dr's and nurses in impeccably clean hospitals. Code Black has a bit of that but the ER is a lot more realistic looking, as are the various emergency scenarios and I think the acting is pretty good too. My mom ran an ER for 20-some years and she doesn't watch Code Black because she says it's TOO accurate and reminds her of all the crazy stress. Anyway, CBS let's it limp along, often burning off episodes during the summer but I feel like I'm the only one watching it, which is usually the case when I manage to find a show I actually like. I know I am a complete alien when judging the popular taste but this show seems like it should be more popular than it is. Maybe network TV is just dead dead dead.

Luckless Pedestrian likes this.
  11. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

Lost in Space. I liked it but my expectations were low. I'm not sure if it was filmed in BC but we spent some time playing guess the location(hint - it's more fun in Deadpool because they used like only three different locations - with apologies to Vidiot if he gets angry about this). It's an interesting turn on the well known series. If it dives in the second episode then I'm out.

Also just finished the last episode of Mozart in the Jungle. A great series with some up and down moments. If you like classical music and are interested in the people who play in orchestras then this show is a lot of fun. Different directors certainly had trouble with the character development and storylines which were slightly surreal and definitely quirky. The third season with everyone in Venice Italy should not be missed. It was beautiful to watch and the storyline sparkled with sexual and emotional energy. In addition the story it tells about the power of music is wonderful. Monica Belluci is amazingly sexual and neurotic at the same time(of course it's true these two often go hand in hand).

12. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

The New Detectives on Pluto TV....because there was absolutely NOTHING on "regular" television. Pretty interesting show.

13. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

FTWD. It was easily the worst episode of the series

14. Michael

Fear The Walking Dead...painful.

Hall Cat likes this.
  15. Michael

yes, it sucked like the last few...terrible season. I want that little skunk rat off the show.

Hall Cat likes this.
  16. Paulette

Paulette Forum Resident

Twin Peaks.

Didn't make it through 1episode. I was so bored.

17. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I bailed on this show part way through the 2nd season. It was simply unwatchable.

Michael likes this.
  18. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

Started back at the beginning and now I'm up to season 19 of Survivor.

And...oh God. Its Samoa. And that means one thing. Russell. :sigh:

19. Michael

I'm struggling through it...my wife likes it so I watch it with her and yell at the TV due to how sickening it has become...she's not amused...very disappointed...I thought it had promise...

20. Splungeworthy

Superstore. Yet another show that tries to ape the quirkiness of the Office, but it's enjoyable and light, good for a summer binge.

21. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

The last tv show I watched was a Star trek episode on VHS :)

Episode: The cage (Recorded from analogue cable)

22. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Final episode of George Gently on dvd. A little conspiratorial, - won't let spoilers ruin it. Like seeing off 'Inspector Lewis' last year, this was bittersweet. Both were righteous men(in a good way)-though Lewis could get on my nerves a bit.

four sticks and Hawkeye like this.
  23. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I just got done with the final few episodes of part 4.

24. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Rosanne ("Boo!" episode

25. Splungeworthy

The Tony Awards.
    Since there's virtually no discussion of Broadway on the forum I'll just tuck this away here. My random warblings:
    Josh Groban and Sara Bareilles were charming hosts, and their duets were amazingly tight, but...we get it...you're dorks.
    It's also amazing to me that Groban hasn't been in a Broadway show until last year. He has the sing-to-the-rafters voice, but for some reason doesn't do shows.
    Cue the inevitable sales bump for Sara Bareilles catalog for all those people discovering this music vet (who amazingly has never won a Grammy).
    The show itself was tightly produced and the acceptances were appropriately touching and blissfully short. And as usual the performances of the nominated musicals was fabulous, with these highlights:
    Lauren Ambrose as Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady. I wonder how many people watching were prepared for the gargantuan voice coming from Six Feet Under's Claire. The reviews for this revival are mostly meh, but everyone loves Lauren in what was considered to be an unconventional casting choice.
    The Carousel "Blow High Blow Low" sequence was amazing. This is not a musical known for it's dancing, but it got a major jolt of electricity with Justin Peck's choreography, and justifiably won a Tony for it.
    And of course Springsteen. He did the "My Hometown" sequence, with an abbreviated version of the song, and it was incredible. And the Tony producers made you wait until the last hour for it, but it was worth it.
    But without a doubt the most touching moment was the Stoneman-Douglas drama class doing "Seasons Of Love". I don't know who started cutting onions up in here but they better quit it.
    And de Niro? That was surreal. His entire statement was bleeped, and then suddenly there's bedlam. And then bleeped again. But you Aussies on the board? You got it all unedited.
    One last thing: the way the Tony nominations are classified is wacky. They separate the revivals from new musicals, but all of the individual awards can select from any musical. So this year Henry Higgins went up against...Spongebob Squarepants? Neither won.