Record Stores in Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by hfarrior3, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ... Thread Starter

Possibly going to Dallas in a few months and wanted some input on which record stores I need to hit up. Will only have time for maybe two.

Thanks

2. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

There is a thread already with lots of info. Do a search :wave:

3. chargrove

chargrove Forum Resident

short answer: DALLAS - Josey Records & Good Records; GRAND PRAIRIE - Forever Young (you simply must go here)

Bob_in_OKC and mahanusafa02 like this.
  4. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I'll be there bright and early on April 21! :wave:

5. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru

6. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

It can be quite a trek to get some of these places. I live in the city limits of Dallas, and for me it’s hard to muster up the energy to get all the way to Josey Records. It’s the best overall store, for my purposes...selection, prices, location.

7. Joey Self

Joey Self Red Forman's Sensitivity Guru

I have some vinyl I'd like to sell/trade. Do they give good prices for the trade-ins?

JcS

8. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

I’ve never taken any records in to sell, so I don’t know. I saw a Yelp review where someone was unhappy with being offered $36 for seven opened records he got for Christmas. It sounds like a good offer for a record store.

9. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I've only taken in some standard, non-collectable CDs, and I got what you would expect from most stores - nothing much, but easier than the hassle of selling them. Two things that I'm assuming are still standard:
    • Unlike some stores, they don't provide an alternative of a higher offer for store credit - you just get a cash offer.
    • You get 10% off any used items you purchase at the time of your sell.

Joey Self likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.