Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmj190

jmj190 Forum Resident

Paul at a secret gig at Philharmonic pub in Liverpool . Think the track played is Come Home

pseudopod likes this.
  2. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

The long awaited follow up to "(I Want To) Come Home" :righton:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

[​IMG]

theMess, Yorick, daveidmarx and 9 others like this.
  4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

^^^Mark Lewisohn wrote that.

However, it took him 2 years to research the facts and then write it up ... ;)

5. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

At first, it sounded like he was going to do Nod Your Head.

longdist01 likes this.
  6. jricc

jricc Senior Member

So agree.

longdist01 likes this.
  7. jricc

jricc Senior Member

Again so agree. Unfortunately the whole PMc Collection sounds like there is a blanket over the speakers , IMO of course

8. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

Eric Clapton live is not Cream, Dennis DeYoung live is not Styx., Steve Howe live is not Yes, and Paul McCartney live is not The Beatles. All good shows, but not the same level of an experience.

hazard likes this.
  9. Frank

Frank Senior Member

He's kind of right, it is disrespectful.

To cover bands. Cover bands perform songs they think they can do better than or in an interestingly different way than the original recording. Bands that play note-for-note recreations of music that was originally performed by other musicians with singers that kind of sound like the original singer but not as good are actually Tribute Bands, not Cover Bands. :laugh:

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  10. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

I probably should let this go, as I feel I've made my point. What Paul does live of Beatles material is not "Note for note". Not when keyboards are used in place of horn sections and he creates "P.S. Love Me Do". Are they his songs and can he do damn well what he pleases with them? Yes. Of course. But it will never approach the unique quality that existed when they all four played together, even if he plays the Hofner. I'm glad Ringo sings "With A Little Help" live. No disrespect implied. Just my view of the situation. I've seen Beatle tribute bands. Several are excellent. But it gets old after a few songs. A new interpretation is welcome to an old classic if done well. I have no problem with cover bands.

11. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

I think the difference between Ringo and Paul is that Ringo has never gone for the same type of exactitude that Paul has. Tripping The Live Fantastic's "Sgt. Pepper's," for example, opens with the crowd sound and not a note missed… as if it was from the album itself. Unplugged got praise because it was more natural performance from Paul. With Ringo, there are sing-alongs and alterations to the song to give it a different energy to match the band.

Oyster Boy and FKA002 like this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Lossless MP3s don't exist. Expect lossy audio files in 320kbps.

funkydude likes this.
  13. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but I heard on Sirius today that Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway are the next archive releases. They said that they would be coming out later this year!

14. Arnold Grove

:pineapple::bdance::pineapple::bdance:

Long Live The Archive Series!!

15. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

What is Sirius ? Does that mean there’s a good chance it will be official?

16. Sirius is subscription radio usually commercial free.

Mr. Explorer and Carl80 like this.
  17. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

Two archive releases and a studio album in the latter half of the year? Not bad. :)

Mr. Explorer and ted321 like this.
  18. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

So...

June? - Paul's new album
    October - Imagine deluxe reissue
    November - WA 50th

Does that mean it's more likely December or Aug/Sept for these archive releases?

19. Arnold Grove

IF the new album is really imminent and comes out in June/July, then:

I'd predict Wild Life/Red Rose Speedway will appear BEFORE the White Album 50th, probably the middle of September when Paul is back on tour.

But if the Archive sets come out after the White Album 50th, I'd say that they slip into early 2019.

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Oyster Boy like this.
  20. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Yeah, it seems unlikely that they would schedule the Archive releases for December, but who knows? Do artists still try to schedule new releases for the end of the year? If so, might not want to compete with them...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. Arnold Grove

If that White Album 50th really comes out near its original release date (November 22, I think), then I doubt that Paul would try to squeeze his Archive sets into December.

However, I believe that Wild Life was originally released in DECEMBER 1971. So you (or some people) never know...

22. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I don't wanna rain on your parade, but he said that Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway are the next to be reissued from Paul, "hopefully in a box set." Nowhere did he mention the Archive collection. Would it make sense for them to be Archive releases? Yes, and I hope they are, but Chris Carter did not mention those words.

23. Arnold Grove

False alarm then.

I retract my pineapples and bananas... ;)

24. tonewheeltom

tonewheeltom Forum Resident

Thanks, I just looked that up and that album was released the very day I was born!

25. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

Screw the White Album Anniversary. I wanna hear Ringo sing side 2 of Abbey Road when the 50th anniversary of that album comes out!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.