The Grateful Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JRM, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Jman92

Jman92 Forum Resident

Thanks! Unfortunately with money being tight right now this is probably the avenue I'll have to go down. Super excited for all you guys who are getting the big box!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Dahabenzapple

Dahabenzapple Forum Resident

Woo Hoo!!!

Pre-ordered!!!

Release date 9/7

Phil Lesh concert 9/6

Matthew Tate, US Blues and ianuaditis like this.
  3. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

4. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I gave 78 a chance, after having mostly written off the 'disco dead' era (ie all of the late 70s,) I knew there were a few good shows in that year, but after massive exposure to it I really fell into the sound. (It does not hurt a bit that Garcia's guitar sound throughout 78 is, IMO, amazing.)

It actually opened me up to the 80s as well, I found a lot of similarities between that and say, 83 (though Drums/Space is far more of an institution in 83, it's still not what it usually was starting a couple of years later.) I still haven't worked backwards to 77, though I'm sure if I did a deep dive into that year I would find a lot to like.

The first links posted here yesterday were of the compilation on amazon.uk, so it seems like it will be on Amazon eventually. I'm torn whether to go that route, get the full box, or not even bother...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. Jman92

Jman92 Forum Resident

For me, I already have most of the material presented here in acceptable (and some would say pretty darn good, thanks Charlie Miller) sound quality, and I just can't justify the expense right now. So I'm actually really happy they are offering the compilation here for those of us who can't afford the mega-box.

That being said, if I had the money for it, I would be all over this baby. But I'll settle for dipping my toe in the water. At least the 3 disc has the infamous 5/19/74 truckin jam, the epic 46 minute Playin from 5/21/74, and a good portion of the highlights from 6/22/73, a personal favorite.

6. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

Honestly I think the art swayed me. I'm a sucker for cyan.

Billy_Sunday and DrLunchbox like this.
  7. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

It is possible a complete October 1974 box may not happen because of problems/material missing from the multitracks. Not sure though.

ianuaditis likes this.
  8. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

I ordered the big damn box in hopes of some day renting a cabin up in the Pacific NW and giving it a proper listen in the forest.

9. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Lossless (not HD) is only $119. Tempting to skip the discs entirely.

10. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I almost ordered the box just now, and then was like, wait a minute, do I need the 64-page book (?), probably not. So I'm standing pat for now, but I will end up with some version of this. Probably the ALAC.

But if you're into the box and accoutrements, act now, cuz the physical product will sell out. No doubt in my mind.

11. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Preordered. That was certainly a "soft announcement" no email/had to find out here. Anyways, 19 Full Normanized fully sound quality glory CDs for a lil over $200 shipped to my door with all the fab artwork, booklet and notes (still a fool for those stockings!) is a stealio dealio! Pens out to $10.63 per. Sad i gotta wait til September for it!!

12. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Who am I kidding. Combined birthday/father's day present is being ordered!

13. mgb70

mgb70 Senior Member

The Believe It If You Need It 3 CD compilation is up on iTunes for pre-order now so assuming Amazon will carry it as well.

14. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I don't wanna rip all those discs. I'm over CDs pretty much. But, the physical box is always tempting. Hopefully it sell out in a few days and I can stop thinking about it.

trumpet sounds likes this.
  15. STGATX

STGATX Forum Resident

Whelp, I order it as well. The order confirmation email was just ahead of the Dead.net announcement. Thanks to you all for the heads up, I didn't have any issues ordering this one.
    I'm a little surprised to see it as a limited edition of 15K -- does anyone happen to remember how many were limited edition of the Get Shown the Light box? I thought that was more than 15K.

ianuaditis likes this.
  16. STGATX

STGATX Forum Resident

Also, no bonus disc? No 20th disc for pre-ordering, I'm a little shocked.

Matthew Tate and Spadeygrove like this.
  17. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

2 ordered. Shipping for both was only $23 and sent to DE so no tax! Will probably spring for the 24/192 files as well if they turn out to be truly high res!

18. scribbs

scribbs Resident Mockery

The email is out now.

19. Ezzie

Ezzie Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars

Preordered :pineapple:

20. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

I didn't even read the page I just clicked the order button to make sure I got in before any problems. :) Now I'll go back and see exactly what I ordered...(of course we already pretty much knew from the leak, I'm not quite that Pavlovian...)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  21. John69

John69 Forum Resident

Am I reading it correct that I can confidently grab the FLAC in September when it's released, or do they cap the FLAC download sales and it might sell out during pre-order?

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  22. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

I am listening to 7/2/88 today. Nice one.

Crispy Rob, bzfgt and lucan_g like this.
  23. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Finally some GoGD PNW love. Overcompensating in a very big way! No complaints. Lols.

24. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Ordered, expedited shipping is a deal at 4 bucks extra. Love the artwork and seriously considering the T-shirt.

25. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Pre-ordered.

Roy Henry Vickers art is a great bonus.