Grateful Dead-Pacific Northwest-73-74/19 disc box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by I333I, Jun 12, 2018.

1. AxiomAcoustics

AxiomAcoustics "The enemy is listening"

They patched those underwater cables that the Russians cut.
    :laugh:

rxcory, FredCamp, DrLunchbox and 2 others like this.
  2. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

****, I gotta buy this, don't I?

3. One_L

One_L Forum Resident

Ordered.

I grew up in the northwest. Although I didn't travel to Portland or Vancouver for the shows, I did see the Hec Edmondson shows at the UDub. Two incidents stand out for me. The first, we dosed. My friend Brian, who wore glasses, lost them sometime prior to entering the pavilion. Once we got inside, Brian was convinced the Wall of Sound was only a backdrop, not a wall of speakers. The second incident, remember bic lighters? you had a little slider on the side that controlled the height of the flame. The lighter was being passed around for obvious reasons. Once Fred had the lighter back in his hand, someone had cranked the flame setting. Fred had a big bushy mustache. For the remainder of the show, half his mustache was gone. I honestly think we laughed about that for the next 8 hours while grooving to the music.

Good times!

4. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Yes, Amazon.co.uk prices always include VAT, so you have to actually put the item in a order to see how much the price with VAT removed actually is regarding a specific item. You don't have to complete the order if you don't want to, but at least you can get an indication of the actual price to the US.

5. Same for me. At least a lot faster than the May 1977 or July 1978 box sets.

My collection could certainly use a lot more 1973 and 1974 and I also don't own a Dead show on my birthday yet (May 21). Therefore this is another no brainer for me. The only problem will be finding the space to store the set and finding the time to listen to it all.

6. AxiomAcoustics

Excellent info, thank you. There's a lot of Jazz on there that is either pricier or not listed on the US site but never actually ordered.

7. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I paid $15.99 for expedited domestic shipping. Is that what everyone else was charged?

Kevin55 likes this.
  8. AxiomAcoustics

Heed your avatar my GD friend.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    notesofachord and AlienRendel like this.
  9. Phoenician

Phoenician Resident Forum

Am I the only one disappointed that the '74 shows don't have any Seastones?

Okay, so it's just me.

10. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

talkingleaf, Crispy Rob and Ezzie like this.
  11. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yeah, my checkout screen showed $11.99 for standard and $15.99 expedited. With that and tax pushing it to nearly $215, I didn't pull the trigger on the order. Now I'm leaning towards the hi-res option.

dtuck90 and Jerry Horne like this.
  12. AxiomAcoustics

Seemed a fitting way to finish out the work day, close enough, but not too close:

[​IMG]

13. I333I

I333I Forum Resident Thread Starter

Okay, I’ve gotten the last three box sets and I have a current subscription to Dave’s (which has been great this year), can someone tell me the significance of this set as far as the style of playing goes? Song highlights?
    I’m in the midst of a possible domestic change and am hesitant to shell out the cash like I used to.
    Admittedly, I don’t have much, if any, of these particular years and lately GD has been taking roughly 50% of my recent listening time...

14. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Ordered it. No second-guessing myself into not getting it.
    I too was thinking about the Hi-res. I have the 24/192 1977 Get Shown the Light and the DR is better than the CD. Plus cheaper. But I lean toward physical issues more these days. If I wanted to I could sell it. Plus it is just plain cool to look at the whole deal.

rxcory, Crispy Rob and ianuaditis like this.
  15. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Looks beautiful. Sure wish when it's more than 3 shows, though, they were individually available, at least for download. Much as I'd love this, I don't think I can afford another big box. I've bought every one so far, and I just can't continue forever.

Love the Pacific NW theme.

16. Jerry Horne

It's not just you.

17. AxiomAcoustics

(Not lust you)
    Being a fan of many things Avant-Garde I love Seastones but certainly not disapointed in the box choices. Hopefully Dave's will cover a few others.

18. Jerry Horne

Dead.net appears jammed.

Matthew Tate and Doggiedogma like this.
  19. AxiomAcoustics

The problem with their shipping charge structure is that, unlike most places where the rates get cheaper 'per item' as your order increases, WB charges the same amount for each individual item, or so it seems. I paid $45. Ridiculous.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  20. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I was thinking of just getting the 3 cd set and the vinyl.But I have both the complete box and vinyl ORDERED!
    What have I done!:faint:

21. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

CONSUME

notesofachord and ianuaditis like this.
  22. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I didn't see this - they didn't start Seastones until June. It would be a deal breaker for me if they existed and they left them off.

23. AxiomAcoustics

Ya know, if you want to get around that pesky tax issue you can always have your orders sent to my house. Just a suggestion.
    :D

24. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

Alright, ordered! Now, how do I keep my wife from finding out? ;)

Groundcat, Freebird, rxcory and 5 others like this.
  25. Bill Cormier

Bill Cormier Forum Resident

Just pre-ordered the 5/19/74 vinyl set!