Grateful Dead-Pacific Northwest-73-74/19 disc box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by I333I, Jun 12, 2018.

1. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

And all these years, and all those seaside chats, I thought were from Bay area!

Jerquee, Jackstraw78 and footlooseman like this.
  2. I333I

I333I Forum Resident Thread Starter

That good, huh?

3. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

I think so. But that's me.

Matthew Tate and bzfgt like this.
  4. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Just found about this 5 mins ago.

Completed pre-order 3 mins ago.

Pretty excited - I don't have much in the way of 73-74 but I love what I do have.

5. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

He's done some chats from the Bay area with Mt. Tamalpais in the background if I remember correctly. But the seaside is Vancouver Island.

6. Further

Further Forum Resident

I ordered this thing so fast this morning through the link in the original post here that I didn’t even realize there were other options like the 3CD and 6LP until much later.

Once I saw the box was from ‘73-‘74, I scrolled right to Buy It Now. Complete with shipping and exchange rate, this set is gonna run me about $325.00. This may actually tempt me to sell the Get Shown The Light box, since I don’t really listen to it and I have the Cornell vinyl from that set anyway.

Interestingly, PayPal payment does not go through immediately, it just puts it on hold until they decide to process the order. That’s a first for me.

Pretty much anything up to ‘74 is prime Dead for me, so I didn’t have to think too long about ordering. My advice is buy it as soon as you can. No question that this will sell out sooner, rather than later.

7. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

This is stunning, important music and I cannot wait to be crushed underneath the weight of the box.

Taylor16, Freebird, rxcory and 15 others like this.
  8. LucaB

LucaB Forum Resident

Ordered full box within 5 minutes of getting email. No issues with dead.net.

The vinyl is a bit expensive for me. I’ll pass on it and simply regret it later. A glance at the track listing does hit one over the head with the time limitations of a side of vinyl. Good thing they didn’t put the 46 min PITB on there.

Looking forward to these. Sept seems so far away. Good thing I’ve got the awesome Albuquerque to keep me satiated. Lately a lot of 71 on heavy rotation here with the ABQ, Austin Road Trips and Chicago show getting lots of play.

9. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

well, that was a no brainer....

MONEY,MONEY!!:hide:

Cassius, Ezzie, Doggiedogma and 6 others like this.
  10. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

That would be an insta-buy for me as well.

11. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

So Dave L. is our B.C. bud? :D

"Paging Dr. Footlooseman..."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  12. notesofachord

21 minutes of boogie!

[​IMG]

13. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

I still haven't gotten the email from Dead.net but that doesn't matter. SH.tv is a better source of information. Thanks to a post from @RiRiIII, I ordered 5/19/74 on vinyl from Amazon.co.uk for the super low price of $83, including shipping. :agree:

Cassius, RiRiIII and Crispy Rob like this.
  14. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I canceled my Deadnet order for the 6lp vinyl and got it less expensive from AmazonUK with the price guarentee.:bdance:

I still have the complete box preordered,but right now I`m not sure how I`m going to pay for all of this!There are a few other things coming out in the fall,I may just end up with the 3 CD version.
    I`ve been in and out of the house all day busy with a big lawn project so my mind going in different directions at the moment.I was listening to parts of these shows overnight on one of those Dead Archive sites.

15. RMD

RMD Forum Resident

First box I will be passing on, poor timing $ wise. Happy to see they are releasing the 3 disc deal though.

Matthew Tate and ianuaditis like this.
  16. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

problem solved? Spiritcats.com - Ned Lagin's Seastones

ianuaditis and US Blues like this.
  17. notesofachord

[​IMG]

:righton:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

...With an amazingly fantastic Elastic Ping-Pong jam in it. A very well-developed precursor to KSM/STDOMTT (this one starts in 6 and Phil morphs it to 7 shortly after the 8:00 mark and takes it back to 6 later on). You won't be disappointed. :cool:

Ezzie, LucaB, unravelled and 7 others like this.
  19. Lunna

Lunna Forum Resident

Oh man, just listen to that sample Truckin' - Jam - Not Fade Away and you'll have to buy this!

20. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

They could at least have put one of the two uptempo "They Love Each Other" on the comp...

21. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

22. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

One suspects at the least it will sell better than July 1978.

23. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I missed it. What is the release date?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

September 7.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. notesofachord

With the higher price/19-disc factor, it will take longer than Get Shown the Light, but it'll sell out this week for sure. I'm guessing they'll be gone by Friday.

Then again, with the download versions being significantly cheaper, that may be putting the lock on a few trigger fingers out there. Plus, they now have a precedent on re-releasing limited sets with altered or simplified packaging, so I could be wrong about the selling out this week thing.