Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

Didn't realize you bought through another retailer, sorry it happened but they are not the only ones who operate this way. This is why I only buy directly, and even then, you have to pay shipping back.

2. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

They were a dream to deal with the only time I had an issue. (Subscription through elusivedisc).
    I shot them an email. No problem. Couldn't have been easier...

I will go through my CC statements, find the retailer, send it back and get credit to buy something else from any other label. More the hassle that annoys me for a simple fix.

3. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

I had a MOV title that was pressed so poorly the run out groove went through the label. MOV wouldn't do anything. I was not going to make the local record store replace it because I know he will have to eat the cost.

If it were a faceless online retailer.... I'd ask for a replacement in a heartbeat, but no surprise the label wouldn't help.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

He knew that when he chose to make his living that way.

5. Matt R.

Matt R. Forum Resident

True, but I see it as a symbiotic relationship.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Okay, but I'd go with # 2 here :

There are three different types of symbiotic relationships: mutualism, commensalism, and parasitism.
    Mutualism: both partners benefit. ...
    Commensalism: only one species benefits while the other is neither helped nor harmed. ...
    Parasitism: One organism (the parasite) gains, while the other (the host) suffers.

If I buy a warped MFSL at Grimey's, I'm taking it back to Grimey's. To each his own.

Tommyboy, ggergm and Slick Willie like this.
  7. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Yeah I’ve had issues on a couple of occasions and all they really did was just say sorry and expect it to all be okay....

8. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

Good point.
    Perhaps he sees it as a blurring of the first two listed. Keeping him in business keeps the easily accessible black crack coming?

Matt R. likes this.
  9. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

The philosophy of record returns, discussed using social science definitions and categories.

Reason #437 why I enjoy reading this forum.

:agree:

10. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

That's a lot of reasons! I think I'm only at 192 or so....

11. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Since theyve waited this long to release it,Id rather Simon Says Gartfunkled come out in September. Dont really want a 100 buck record sitting out in the heat in some truck getting warped.

12. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

Sounds like it will be a warped 125 buck record. :mudscrying:

13. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

$125 seems excessive but then I thought they'd have problems at $100 so I'll acknowledge that they know their business better than me :D

14. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Cassius and Myke like this.
  15. tubesandvinyl

tubesandvinyl Forum Resident

$125 is nonsense.
    I'm out.

I'll spin Kevin Gray cuts. Sound phenomenal and they're only $30 to $35 .

jgrillo, Bigbudukks and LeeGriffin like this.
  16. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Due to flippers they want a piece of the pie as well.
    Hard working music lovers get the bill......sad.

17. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I am of a like mind. But if you stop and think about it for a minute, audiophile's have become the elite's now. Just look at Stereophile magazine, every piece of equipment in there requires a 2nd mortgage to purchase.

18. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Boo! Boooo! (Not to be confused with "Bruuuuce")

Anyone out with that announcement?

19. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

With the new raise to $125, I'm fine with it as long as they don't continue to increase the print run. IMO 7500 is too much to be considered "limited" for a special release like this. To me the most should be 5000. I also wish S&G would just come out already so they can move on to other titles that matter to me more personally. Hoping to get 2 a year now just seems like a pipe dream with the delay and increase in copies...sigh

ted321 likes this.
  20. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

I am sorry, I am sure that I 've been missing something here, but where did you guys see that the Bridge over Troubled Water is going to be $125? On MD it is still $99.99.

21. Twinsfan007

The upcoming releases after BOTW are going to be $125

22. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

I see, thanks! That's disappointing. Any official justification for the price increase?

23. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I think, at $125, I'm less likely to take a chance, unless it's an album I'm enthralled with, or really, REALLY want.

I'm not doing this to flip.

I might not have bought the Abraxas or BOTW at $125. I have the Classic 33 of the latter, and it's really good. In hindsight, of course, the Abraxas was quite a purchase, perhaps worth it.

I have already preordered the next Bill Evans, but I was considering What's Going On? I'm now going to reconsider. I don't know if it's sonically intricate enough to warrant spending $125 on. Would I later be able to resell it and recoup most or all of it? I don't know. Possibly. But I don't know if the soul/R'n'B market is as audiophile driven. The Bill Evans? Sure.

ted321 likes this.
  24. Twinsfan007

Not that I know of, maybe someone else can shed light on it.

5-String likes this.
  25. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

I just checked my order history at Music Direct. I preordered all the upcoming One Step titles and they still show at $99.99. I guess if you preorder before MoFi makes an official announcement that the price of their upcoming titles will be raised, you can lock the $99.99 price.