Grateful Dead-Pacific Northwest-73-74/19 disc box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by I333I, Jun 12, 2018.

1. One building vs two states :tiphat:

thgord likes this.
  2. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

If I may interject, I believe whoever originally started this discussion was saying the fact that you and @notesofachord both changed your avatars around the same time was throwing him off. Sorry I forgot who that was :)

LucaB, ianuaditis, US Blues and 4 others like this.
  3. bzfgt

bzfgt The Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Spoilsport!

4. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Oops, I hadn’t thought about it from that perspective...

US Blues and bzfgt like this.
  5. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Ain't nothin' wrong with a little rock n roll, man!!

[​IMG]

budwhite, RockRoom, Archtop and 2 others like this.
  6. bzfgt

Nah, I'm just kidding. Archtop is going to get mad at me soon, at this rate.

adamos likes this.
  7. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Did they dose the announcement of this box? This place has turned bonkers!

8. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Looking more closely at my Portland 73 CDR set and I had totally forgotten how chopped up and incomplete it was. Most of set two is there, but half of it was miss labeled as the beginning of set one, and all I have from set one is the row jimmy through around and around bit, and that has cuts in it. All combined it is about an hour 45 worth of the show. I ripped it and got it all re tagged and sequenced and will give it a blast later.

9. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ...

Because it says so. Also past experience.

Kevin55 likes this.
  10. bzfgt

I thought he meant it as in "Why d'ya suppose..."

11. hfarrior3

This is how I feel about the 72 Veneta release I missed out on.

12. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

14 February 1968- Carousel Ballroom.

The tapes were just crackling with energy...

13. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

It’s available new on eBay for 25 bucks.

14. hfarrior3

Not the vinyl

15. simon-wagstaff

simon-wagstaff Forum Resident

Time and song length are a little different when you are dosed. It leaves me flummoxed.

16. Yardbird

Yardbird Forum Resident

Placed an order for the 19 cd box set this morning and had no issues. Looking forward to this a lot. I'll probably pick up the sampler from a brick & mortar.

Doggiedogma, Matthew Tate and Archtop like this.
  17. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Ahh. C'mon. A GoGD show w/o a Chuck Berry number and/or a Cowboy Tune is like a plate of nacho w/o a lil pico de gallo!

18. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Darn it. I've been juggling cats when I should have been just trying to confuse them. Although juggling them probably does confuse them as well... Never mind.

19. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the word is that 6-22 is from the returned tapes. Jim Wise posted about it on the DNC. That is exciting.

20. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Not a chance. If you have one, your worst trait is Bzfgt Syndrome, which I find to be endlessly entertaining. ;)

Crispy Rob, adamos, US Blues and 2 others like this.
  21. hfarrior3

I guess I read your question wrong. I think it locks the rate because it's a pre-order. This way I know exactly how much I'm paying, of the rate were to shoot up right before it was shipped that would suck to get charged more. I guess they are taking on some risk, however nominal it may be. Regarless, even at a one to one ratio they are listing it at well below the list price in the US. I think that they may even lock in the lowest exchange rate should it lower between now and when it ship's, but don't hold me to that.

22. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Hmmm...I went through the order process and it never said that. My past experience is that it doesn't. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

23. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

I'll try another credit card. I know it did say that the credit card mattered in whether the charge was in GBP or USD. When I reached the checkout screen it showed GBP so I assumed that meant the rate wasn't locked in.

24. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

I sampled bits of Vancouver '74, 5/17/74, last night on the archive. It's a solid, if average, wall of sound show. The Eyes of the World is a clear highlight, an excellent rendition, and was well-chosen to be on the compilation.

25. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

The first one is media, and since you can only post one example of media per post on this forum, the rest is links.

If you want archive links to post as links here, you can erase https:// etc. and replace it with www.

www.archive.org/details/GratefulDead?sin=&and[]=date%3A1974-05-21%2A&and[]=subject%3A%22Charlie+Miller%22&and[]=subject%3A%22Soundboard%22

But, that can be a pain if you are doing a bunch because you have to do it to all of them, or else it will post that archive media player doodle.

Edit - hmm, that is going weird, I meant it to be an example of the player followed by a link. (I wonder if they are taking that one (5-21) down because of the impending release. ) I will see if this one works:

www.archive.org/details/gd1971-12-10.sbd.cribbs.85787.flac16

(Those both link to the same file.)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    AxiomAcoustics likes this.