Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body Thread Starter

Blue & Lonesome was not remastered for this set

2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Nothing here either. Does it say it has shipped on your Amazon order (track package)?

3. Yes that’s what I thought. Then it’s still bad. But Black & Blue was a great sounding record IMHO. I was confusing my Blues

rednedtugent likes this.
  4. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body Thread Starter

I don't think it sounds bad but if you already have the 2016 vinyl this won't sound much different

5. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

well mine has shipped from Amazon France for the long trip to Sydney. just need to wait and hope no shipping damage :faint:

rednedtugent and ssmith3046 like this.
  6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Congratulations. But I’m not sure what a picture of a bunch of copies of Exile - all originating from a single analog master tape played back on analog machines of varying speeds - tells us about the correct speed...

7. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

For those of you that have already played Exile in this new set how does it compare to an original Artisan?

ODShowtime and John Grimes like this.
  8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

The “congratulations” is sarcasm? If so, I am puzzled about what I might have said to warrant that. I have no argument with you.

xfilian and OldSoul like this.
  9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Mine as well. It has not shipped under track order. Well, tomorrow is the release date, so I’ll be patient.

jon9091 and OldSoul like this.
  10. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I'm hoping for a surprise box outside my door tomorrow.

11. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

This is the first album I listened to from the set. I did an A/B comparison between it and a CD (manufactured by Columbia records CK40495) and the LP sound is muffled and not as clear as the CD. The CD had more punch and highs. I know this is not a fair comparison as I don't have an original UK to compare to.
    What disturbed me is the quality control of the pressing. On side 2 of the LP, tracks "Melody", Fool to Cry" and "Crazy Mama" have unacceptable intermittent loud crackles. The LP is shiny and looks pristine. I cleaned it with Audio Intelligent Vinyl Solutions 3 step process on my Loricraft RCM and the noise did not go away. Definitely a pressing issue.

I am now going to listen to all of them starting from Sticky Fingers.

MRamble likes this.
  12. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Any confirmation on a download code for those of you that received this set in the US?

13. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Mine didn't have one. I'm waiting for a reply from Music Direct on whether I'll be getting one or not.

14. Doc Young

Doc Young Forum Resident

Mine didn't have one either. I played Black And Blue and mine sounded great the pressing was flat and quiet. I am going to ultrasonically clean them all then play them this weekend. Poor me lol

rednedtugent and Turntable like this.
  15. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

That does not help.
    Beave

ssmith3046, mick_sh and OldSoul like this.
  16. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

The CBS cd you mentioned was mastered good, but it is not even close to being the best cd version as far as dynamics and presentation is concerned. If the New Vinyl version of B&B can't even compete with that then that tells me and should tell everyone else all we need to know about this set. A big pass for me.

17. OldSoul

What's the best CD version of Black & Blue? Someone else has said the Black & Blue in this set is muffled too, but had good things to say about other albums he sampled, so that one album shouldn't decide the fate of the whole set.

18. OldSoul

Amazon now says in stock June 19th. :/

19. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

This is annoying I ordered mine day one when it went up cheap and it still hasn't been dispatched surely mine should be shipped by now anyone else still waiting for theirs to be dispatched?

OldSoul likes this.
  20. Red

Red Forum Resident

I also got one of cheap ones but still no shipping notification.

21. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

Maybe you are just confirming yourself to find issues, because you want to pass on the release for good. And to have something to groan on about. There are already several posts here, stating that B&B is sounding nearer to the UK vinyl than the cd.

btltez, wpjs and OldSoul like this.
  22. OldSoul

That's really horrible. They should have at least sent out an email explaining that the date was pushed back. Meanwhile, even with the new in stock date, my order still has no delivery date.

23. mrclick

mrclick Forum Resident

It’s the uncensored UK version in all it’s glory. And very rude it is too.

24. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Good call. I do not know. What version did the 2009 Goats Head use? I think it was censored. My vinyl box has arrived number 10179 yes that is correct 10179.
    I guess so much for 5000 then not that it matters but maybe patient folk will see this set much cheaper in a few months.
    The downloasd code (I live in the UK) is for mp3 or wav. It states the latest stereo masters were used. Do they mean the ones in this vinyl box or the much hated 2009s?
    Blue Lonesome or whatever it is called states it is the same as the vinyl version issued on that albums release.
    The box was well packaged and everything so far has sounded fine and looked fine.I paid £360 including shipping so will work out what that is per album later.

Nice set and I am pleased to have it. Worth the money? Probably not as I like the recent Japanese sacd/platinum remasters, the CBS cds and the Virgin 94 cds and play them all the time. My old vinyl albums from the 70s are in ok condition and I went nuts at one point and bought a whole load of pressings from Japan in the late 70s and early 80s.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    Goldy and meandafoe like this.
  25. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

I guess in theory it makes no difference if there are more than 5000 units - it won't affect listening pleasure one iota. But by the same token, it does feel like you have been sold a bit of of a pup. I mean, when all is said and done it is a barefaced lie regardless of the end consequence.

OldSoul and Flaming Torch like this.