Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks. Actually I hate the song though!

2. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

My Amazon order hasn’t shipped yet, either. I got in one one of the el cheapos but now I’m mot so sure when or if I’ll get it.

The lack of a download card has been a bit troubling, too.

3. Flaming Torch

I live in the UK which is also where I ordered my box from (Badlands UK). There is a large sort of A4 black card with the album titles and info and this card has your box set number. There is a smaller white card with the ever present tongue logo that has the download code and details of where to log into.

Carl80 likes this.
  4. bubba-ho-tep

You're in the UK, correct? I haven't heard about any North American customers getting a card in their box. I was hoping to check mine today but it looks like the Amazon shipment is about to be delayed.

5. Flaming Torch

Yes I live in the UK and Badlands are a UK record/cd shop. I guess if USA/Canada boxes do not have a download or have one that is different that would only apply to boxes sold in/for that area. This is all madness in my opinion and re downloads we are going back to when the Beatles went down to Liverpool docks to get the latest USA rock n roll imports from sailors on the ships!

6. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Amazon UK order arrived this morning. At least the box is pretty lavish which somewhat justifies the price. Only opened Exile so far and shows these are pressed at MPO. Records in poly lined sleeves next to the printed inners. Sticky Fingers has a proper zipper.

rednedtugent and Turntable like this.
  7. Classicrock

I can't see individual albums this year or maybe next as the 2010 remastered titles appear to be still out there in plentiful quantities.

8. Classicrock

All this fuss over downloads. The ABKO ones from 2010 sound pretty bad frankly (MP3). Unless they are WAV files a waste of time and frankly I can't get why people buy expensive vinyl primarily to get a download.

Christopher B and Mazzy like this.
  9. Zephead2112

Zephead2112 Forum Resident

As stated elsewhere in this thread, the downloads are in mp3 or WAV format but they are 44100/32; I must admit that I was hoping for 96/24 downloads. I did primarily buy this set for the vinyl so I'm not going to lose sleep over the downloads.

10. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Same here. Still showing arriving today by 8pm but hasn't updated to shipped status. Usually my Amazon orders update to shipped status over night, so I'm starting to get a little concerned. Trying to be patient and hoping for the best.

11. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I think somebody tipped them off.

Did anyone place a regular preorder from Amazon? It would be hard to believe their supply chain could be so screwed up, that all of their orders on this are now delayed a week.

12. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

Does the zip on Sticky not damage the other records?

13. bubba-ho-tep

At least one member here, Jack, has gotten his "discounted" Amazon set.

Not sure why the rest of us are empty-handed as of now.

14. mrclick

mrclick Forum Resident

No it doesn’t because they’ve put a thick see through plastic removable “obi strip” type strap thingy over the zip. Nice touch. The covers and inners are really well done.

15. Jackflash27

Jackflash27 Forum Resident

Are the US boxes also printed at MPO France?

16. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

He got a shipping notice for June 18 delivery. No box yet. Maybe we will all get delayed shipping notices?

17. bubba-ho-tep

Ah. I was under the impression that he had the set in hand. I guess I need to dust off my reading comprehension skills.

18. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

I just got the "Delay Shipping Notice" from Amazon for my $179.98 order.

[​IMG]

19. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Did anyone receive an Amazon order yet? Even at the normal price? I guess today should answer some questions.

20. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Uh oh........here it comes, a bogus excuse to cover their price screw up. I was afraid something like this would happen.... but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I guess if people start getting their box sets from Amazon that were pre-ordered at the regular price, then we know what Amazon is up to.

21. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

...and the thread completely dissolves into an Amazon shipping notification site.

Amazon offers same day delivery in lots of places now, so this probably explains why some of you haven't gotten shipping notices. And even if your package is delayed by a day or more, you're still going to get it, it's not going to sell out overnight.

Look at it this way, you'll have the chance now to cancel your order once the inevitable "worst box ever" posts start flooding in :)

22. Mine says delivery by 8PM today but hasn’t shipped so we shall see. I’m in Seattle and frequently orders are shipped to me the same day w Prime.

jon9091 likes this.
  23. bubba-ho-tep

Well, the main Amazon listing says that it's in stock next Tuesday so any delays seem to be a general issue with Amazon.

I haven't received my delay email but I fully expect to soon. If they end up cancelling the $179 pre-order at this late date I will be pretty irritated since they had two months to cancel it and waiting until now would be pretty shady on Amazon's part.

The world won't end it Amazon cancels my order since I would never have considered buying it at full price anyway. $179 was simply too good to pass up.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    ssmith3046 and vinylbeat like this.
  24. Mister President

Mister President Forum Resident

Maybe they'll do the live albums next...including the Google Music stuff.

25. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

Tempted but I think I'll just stick with my Virgin CDs!

John Grimes and Christopher B like this.