Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

As others stated, it seems like they didn't know it would be late until "very late in the game".

Exile On My Street likes this.
  2. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

I feel like "ahead of time" should have been anything other than this morning, though, if it's typical that they would receive stock about a week early.

3. OldSoul

OK, I'm done defending why I'm a bit upset here. I've seen people complain about much sillier stuff without so many people getting on their case.

4. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

I've had it happen to me before on other items not coming on day of release.
    I understand --- It "stinks" ---- But stuff happens.

I'm not trying to get on your case. I hope you can come to realize that. If anything, I just want to point out that the culprit might not be Amazon.

5. It's totally ok to be upset. That's fine. I'm disappointed too but I know that Amazon always tries to get and ship out product as fast as they can so my diss-painted is just not directed towards them.

Unlike uDiscover, Amazon responds fairly quickly. Udiscover doesn't and you have to shame them on social media to get a response, cancellation, refund or exchange,

6. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

Patience! It will make it all the sweeter when the box arrives. :righton:

ssmith3046 likes this.
  7. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Agree. It's all relative. I just found out three co-workers have come down with various stages of cancer. Priorities.

8. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

I'd "like" the previous post 10 times if possible.

robtodd and Mazzy like this.
  9. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

Exactly what I was thinking..a little perspective there.

10. Bijan

Bijan Forum Resident

US. Ordered from Popmarket. Much better service than when I ordered the Tom Petty box sets.

Jackflash27 likes this.
  11. Amazon is showing this now at the product page. So it seems that they now know when their next batch is arriving.. Earlier it said temporarily out of stock with no arrival date.

Free Shipping for Prime Members
    Get it as soon as Friday, June 22
    when you choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

In stock on June 19, 2018.
    Order it now.

12. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Btw...Barnes and Noble also has June 21 as a delivery date. So, perhaps demand was just greater than anyone anticipated, or a crapload fell off a truck somewhere at the airport.

The Beave and OldSoul like this.
  13. Jack

Jack Senior Member

The Stones facebook page just announced a slight delay for Amazon orders.
    “We’ve been alerted that shipment of some orders of The Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016 from Amazon.com will be slightly delayed. Fans that pre-ordered the box set, you should be receiving your shipment early next week.”Fans who haven’t, you can order now - The Rolling Stones - Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    vinylbeat and OldSoul like this.
  14. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Oh god... my box number just went through the roof. :waiting:

Tarek Sobh likes this.
  15. That's great to hear from them like that. No more conspiracy theories about delaying because of the low price some paid...

superstar19 and OldSoul like this.
  16. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Tell them about Seattle, one of the best places in the world for cancer treatment!
    Serious
    Beave

Mazzy likes this.
  17. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Is it THAT Hot??
    Beave

MRamble likes this.
  18. Nielsoe

Nielsoe Forum Resident

Ok guys, when you recieve the box you pull out A Bigger Bang and tell if it’s an improvement over the original.

Turbo2k and superstar19 like this.
  19. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Half-speed mastered, half-speed delivery. Oh, and half-price for some.

20. OldSoul

Half-catalogue.

21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It’s an amazing boxset, given the treatment the albums deserve, the sleeves are a massive improvement from the last vinyl box 71-05, unfortunately one of mine had a big crease on the front of Sticky Fingers so I am going to ask for a replacement but it was really well protected with foam padding on all corners to protect the outer box, won’t be playing any of the LP’s cause it’s going back but on presentation it’s a stunning set. The download card was in mine as well.

Tarek Sobh, Magnolia and OldSoul like this.
  22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Go ahead and play em. We won’t tell

23. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Ha, suppose I could, can’t be bothered un packing it all again.

They where all in ploy sleeves and spotless the ones I looked at, really nicely done.

24. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I just got home from work and my box was waiting for me - ordered from Music Direct (as I missed the Amazon "special" price).

Nice heavy box, excellent presentation. I just made sure all the albums were in the box, but I didn't actually break the seal on any. So:

I got number : 00094 (which was printed on a heavy stock card inside the box with the blurb about 1/2 speed mastering etc)

It was packed by Music Direct nicely - and the box set comes in it's own box with the tongue logo on it in a few places. I had to laugh were it is printed on the box itself: "THIS BOX IS HEAVY. This is a side opening boxset, Take Care in Opening to Avoid Damage to the Collection & Yourself" :)

The other side of the box states "Please do not remove this outer packaging it is designed to help protect the product during shipping to the customer".

Inside that box, the actual box set is very well protected.

Stickers on the outside of the box say:
    Supplier: mpo france
    Titre: Rolling Stones
    with a few other numbers, etc that really don't mean anything particular to me or anyone else here I would assume.

There is another sticker: MADE IN FRANCE

So here is a question (not that I need the code):
    Where is the Download code supposed be inside the box? It wasn't in the box - so I have to assume it might be tucked away inside one of the LPS?

Since both the cardboard box was sealed, and not opened by MusicDirect (seemed to be untouched from shipment from MPO to the supplier to MD), and the Stones box was sealed and not opened - I have to believe that either the download code card was not put in a whole slew of boxes (since others state they didn't get a download card) OR it is inside one of the LPS. Anyone?

Dmdstrhalo, superstar19 and OldSoul like this.
  25. Musician95616

Musician95616 Forum Resident

Mine just arrived. No: 2561

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.