Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Where was your download card? since I can't find it in my box set - and I just posted that question just above.

2. It is looking more like download cards are only available in the sets sent to folks in Europe and not in the USA. But we shall see???

3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

That was the case with the other box sets that came out a while back.

4. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Is this one of those box sets where US boxes don’t contain downloads but EU versions do?

edit: looks like I posted simultaneously with Mazzy

5. MikeT

It looks that way, but then why, on the large cardboard J-card that comes around the box it clearly states: Includes Download Card for Redemption of the Catalogue

I can understand if they weren't going to include the card for US boxes - but why not indicate that on the cardboard with an "*Not available in the USA" or something like that?

Again it isn't like I need the card - I have all the SHM-SACDs, CDs, and the previous vinyl box set that has all the titles except for Blue and Lonesome (which I have on CD and vinyl already) - just would like the option of downloading and putting on a USB stick for the car, rather than rip a CD etc. It could be quite possible that the downloads are also of better sonic quality than the CDs I could use in the car.

No big deal here - just wondering.

6. aoxomoxoa

Mike. They knew you already have the catalogue ten times over so the left it out :p

FashionBoy, Dmdstrhalo and MikeT like this.
  7. Further

Further Forum Resident

Mine wasn't due to arrive until close to the end of the month anyhow because of shipping time to Canada but I agree that it's not the end of the world that it will be late for some folks - mind you, I certainly understand the disappointment as I'm pretty excited about it receiving it, too. I got it for the Nice Price.

As previously mentioned, there's nothing we can do but be patient and find some other music to spin until then. Amazon will get them out as soon as they can. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait and in the meantime, it gives us a chance to read some reviews from those that did get it on time. I'm hungry for more details, so let's have 'em!

Queezma and MRamble like this.
  8. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

The download card should be that little tongue, right?

[​IMG]

9. aoxomoxoa

That’s a gaudy looking box!

10. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Isn’t the code located on the back of one of the inserts?

11. MikeT

Ok - no little tongue in my box. :nyah: But the tongue on the outside of the box is nice - Lenticular and everything!!!!

mick_sh likes this.
  12. Further

Further Forum Resident

That makes sense but I thought someone had also said the redemption code was on the back of the information card in the pic. Is there any good reason why they wouldn't include this in the U.S. boxes? Seems kind of strange it wouldn't be, given how the advertising never specified regions, just that it would be included.

MRamble likes this.
  13. MikeT

Correct - and when you go to the Rolling Stones on-line shop, where the box is much more expensive than what I paid, it says:

ALL BOX SETS INCLUDE DOWNLOAD CODES FOR HIGH QUALITY DIGITAL VERSIONS

The operative words "ALL BOX SETS" - no exclusions or exceptions noted.

The answer will only come from those that actually have the download code and answer - since it is quite possible it is tucked away inside one of the LPs. And since I didn't actually open any LP yet, which are merely sealed with a poly bag with sticky seal (and easily opened) I don't know. I don't want to open every LP just yet looking for the download code.

Further likes this.
  14. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

How should it look?

15. teag

teag Forum Resident

There should be a listening thread established.

This shipping and packaging whining needs to be segregated.

yarbles, JP Christian, lukpac and 2 others like this.
  16. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Half-gaudy.

dasacco and MRamble like this.
  17. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

Someone did make a sound quality thread.

Guy Gadbois likes this.
  18. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Man, this set is obscenely overpriced. £375 for 15 albums - £25 each! Fingers crossed for individual releases.

swedgin, meandafoe and Christopher B like this.
  19. Post a photo of that if you can. Didn’t know that it said that.

20. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

The download code is the separate tongue card, I ordered from the U.K. from the Stones website, I’m thinking the download cards are only in the European sets maybe.

21. There already is but nobody want to post there. It’s a lonely place :tiphat:

Guy Gadbois, mick_sh and OldSoul like this.
  22. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It won’t be, it’s a big card and separate from the LP’s with the numbered certificate.

23. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

24. MikeT

Here you go:

[​IMG]

Dbstay, superstar19, Shawn and 2 others like this.
  25. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

So, they were all pressed at MPO....and they said this batch gets download cards and stays in EU. The next batch we do gets no download card and goes to the US?

Why?

Coricama likes this.