Rolling Stones Studio Albums 1971-2016 Vinyl Box Coming June 15th*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aphexj, Apr 24, 2018.

1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Ok thanks - well I didn't get one. I guess we will have to see if anyone in the US gets one or not, and that would be the answer.

Carl80 likes this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

My guess is it has to do with licensing. Maybe something in the agreement with the record company. Who knows.
    I’m sure you guys have all this stuff already anyway.

Mazzy likes this.
  3. Trainwrecker

Trainwrecker Forum Resident

Collectors Choice, sealed in the shipping box, shrinked, #3071, zero damage.

No download card.

Michael D and MRamble like this.
  4. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

I checked every LP and throughout the packaging and there's no download card. Mine was delivered two days ago from Music Direct. I have them checking into this, but my feeling is that the US is out of luck when it comes to the downloads. Looks like the ones delivered in the UK/EU have it though.

5. Then it is probably a licensing issue. But it shouldn’t say it includes them on the back.

sennj likes this.
  6. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Yeah, I really don’t have an interest in the digital files (especially if they are 16/44), I’m just curious as to why and how they pulled it off. Now, they are going to have a lot of people complaining that it says they are entitled to it right on the packaging.

Flaming Torch, MRamble and Mazzy like this.
  7. MikeT

Just got off the phone with Music Direct as well. They told me they are already aware of the issue, and they are looking into it as other customers before me have already made issue of it. So I guess that was you? LOL. :)

Michael D, rednedtugent and sennj like this.
  8. MikeT

This is my last post on the download card issue....
    I don't really care about the digital files either (to get bent about not getting one), but if I got the card I probably would have pulled them down for s**ts and giggles - just to have in case I wanted to easily use them on my phone or USB stick for the car.

I just take more issue with the fact that the printed j-card indicates download card without any indication that certain areas are excepted due to licensing agreements.

sennj, Carl80 and OldSoul like this.
  9. tmoore

tmoore Forum Resident

Maybe that can happen now, since people are reporting that they've received it. For several hours this afternoon, there weren't any posts of that nature.

10. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

"If you are a Steve Hoffman forum member, press one". Then a recorded message says: "We know, we know. Please try to live without your download card while we try to find what happened here."

11. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It will be a licence issue with the download but it’s ridiculous when everyone is paying the same and it still says it on the website.

OldSoul and MRamble like this.
  12. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

No download cards?! But people are being diagnosed with cancer! It isn't the end of the world!

13. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

I’m waiting to get a box full of nothing but download cards:D

Carry on...

14. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

If you are OldSoul, please press two: "Come on pal, don't you know that people are being diagnosed with cancer?"

OldSoul likes this.
  15. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

At the end of the day you want what you have paid for and if it’s not there you are going to question it if your bothered and it’s saying it’s included.

16. John Grimes

John Grimes Forum Resident

I only need 4 of these albums. Can you guess which ones? Hmm?

johnnybrum likes this.
  17. OldSoul

I know. It's just that people were getting on me about being frustrated with the Amazon delay, so I'm being facetious here and making a point that everyone on here gets frustrated with a lot of things.

Carl80 and mick_sh like this.
  18. Further

Further Forum Resident

That's great that some people don't care about the downloads but:

1. In all advertising and even on the box set itself, it says they are included.
    2. It adds extra value to a very expensive set, as the downloads would cost you extra to purchase separately.
    3. Some of us don't listen to records exclusively and digital copies are nice to have for the hard drive (JRiver) or portable players.
    4. With the price they charge for records these days, including a digital copy is a nice touch and covers both analog and digital rigs.

19. OldSoul

Oh, it's definitely an issue. And it seems the downloads that people got weren't even perfect, either. I really think everyone is owed some sort of discount for all these little issues.

Mazzy, Carl80 and MRamble like this.
  20. xmas111

xmas111 Forum Resident

Ok, finally got a shipping notice from Amazon......should have it Monday. $179.98 is a hell of a deal!:agree:

[​IMG]

Turbo2k, meandafoe, Goldy and 8 others like this.
  21. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

I liked your post, but take it as a "envy" kind of like. :D

agn, rednedtugent, meandafoe and 6 others like this.
  22. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Ha, that’s funny and the biggest mistake I’ve seen amazon make, they really are jokers. Well done for nabbing it at that price, guarantee you will be pleased !

breakingglass and xmas111 like this.
  23. wpjs

wpjs Forum Resident

Ok- finished unpacking and cleaning. (No download card- don't care)
    This set is extremely impressive.

Last night I gave Exile a spin and really dug it. I have the Artisan and the last 1/2 speed release.
    I like this version a lot. I imagine some will trash it and I will not care. IMO- it just sounds right.
    Yes- I may still pull out the Artisan now and then just for sentimenal reasons, but I can live with this new copy just fine.

IORR- nice and smooth. clean and clear. deeper bass than I have heard from the past.
    It blows away my 2010 UK reissued 180g- which is much louder and brasher. Never knew it was that bad until I
    compared it to this new master- the 2010 is garbage.

Spinning Sticky Fingers as I type- very similar to the recent release. Can't really tip one way or another.
    Full disclousure- I dig the recent deluxe version - so this is more of the same.
    Not as up front as my US original- but different in a good way.

So far this set seems to be lifting the veil without creating harsh, bright brassy tin sound. I hate that and I don't hear that here.
    For whatever reason I do find the quieter, slower tunes really shine on this set. Very open and detailed.

My set-up is VPI Classic Signature with a 3D arm and Ortofon MC red cartridge- through a soundsmith pre into a McIntosh IA out to Harbeth 30.1's

back to the stack!

rednedtugent, btltez, Dbstay and 14 others like this.
  24. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Really happy to hear this. Now I just need a time machine to order it at $179.

25. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

This box set is gonna become like the Beatles mono..i.e. essential.
    If you are procrastinating just do it.. my box arrived at lunchtime today & i just can't stop playing these albums since.
    (Disclaimer: Just the thoughts of one v happy fan/ customer!!)

John Grimes, Goldy, Magnolia and 4 others like this.