Super Furry Animals

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vince, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Great to hear that the 'Separado!' soundtrack will be coming out.

"Really want to put this out - it's pretty much a full album of songs. recorded with Gorwel Owen and Kris Jenkins, between 2006 and 2009 I finished the last song at Jonathan Wilson's studio in LA in 2010 - Kliph Scurlock has helped me find all the last components - it's almost ready now."

vince and zakyfarms like this.
  2. Great pop album. And I love the deluxe package. A thing of beauty. Beautiful poster too.

Mine arrived intact and I can lay it on top of a section of my box sets for display or on my credenza for awhile.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

lucan_g, Tristero and Groovy like this.
  3. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Nice photos, Mazzy.

Did you buy the 'Now Spinning' sleeve holder or did you acquire it while working in a record store? I displayed mine simply by placing it on a shelf but by morning the cover was bowing open, so it needs something to hold it together.

I'll have to contact Rough Trade as a latte wasn't included with my order.

Mazzy likes this.
  4. They are hand made in San Francisco so not cheap but well made. I like supporting indie artisans when I can.

I don’t own the dividers just the now spinning display. .

Handcrafted products for the home, for audiophiles and music lovers

Groovy likes this.
  5. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

realkilroy and zakyfarms like this.
  6. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

"No Profit No Pain" is absolutely brilliant. Great song. He should release it as a 7".

7. joey essex

joey essex Forum Resident

The new Gulp record comes out on Friday. Guto Pryce, SFA's bassist, is one of two principal songwriters (the other is his wife, who is also the vocalist). They are very good, particularly if you're a fan of bands like Pram and Broadcast.

It's also streaming here: Album Premiere: Gulp - All Good Wishes | Gigwise

Rekkerds and hamicle like this.
  8. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

Awaiting my preorder. Looking forward to it.

realkilroy likes this.
  9. joey essex

I'm really enjoying the Gulp album. There are shades of Broadcast and Jane Weaver all over, with a very great bass sound. I wish Guto would turn his bass up a little more on SFA's recordings because he's very good at what he does.

This new Gruff song is also terrific. It's a one-off for a yearly Welsh-language festival:

Gruff Rhys Shares New Track Bae Bae Bae Written For National Eisteddfod In Cardiff - Stereoboard

10. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident

Honey All Over, on Gruff Rhys’ Hotel Shampoo has to be the best opening verse to a song ever.

11. joey essex

12. MitchLT

MitchLT Two for the show

Nice flooring

13. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

This is most likely a teaser for a Guerrilla reissue, but I sure hope I'm wrong and that they're going to surprise us with a new album. Gruff has been saying in recent interviews, though, that they have no plans to make a new SFA album. Perhaps that was just a smokescreen.

GuidedByJonO))) and vince like this.
  14. joey essex

I don't really read much into them denying they're working on a new album. I don't remember them ever really talking about new albums when they were actually making albums. There was always a teaser and a release date once they were starting to promote their new albums.

Probably a reissue, though. I do think they'e kind of past the point where teasing new reissues is gonna have the impact it used to have, but whatever they wanna do...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  15. joey essex

[​IMG]

They're up to something...

16. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

One of the Mountain People?

vince likes this.
  17. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I can't remember if they did any kind of teasers for the last two reissues. It doesn't seem like a reissue warrants a teaser campaign. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what's up.

18. joey essex

[​IMG]

Another one. The first one looks like the drummer. Not sure which one this is supposed to be. Clearly the bands 'faces hidden behind the hair...

Slack Babbath likes this.
  19. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

A few potential references, but nothing that's screamingly obvious (Radiator has already been reissued, and the live 'Man Don't Give a . . .' was a standalone single):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Slack Babbath likes this.
  20. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Maybe it’s a live album? They wore the yeti suits on stage, right? It’s a wild guess, but a live album would be cool, though.

realkilroy, smartiepants and vince like this.
  21. joey essex

All five faces are up now.

People seem to think it's Phantom Power.

22. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I'd love a new record, but I'd settle for a live album too. Not sure I need another reissue from them at this point.

23. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

It makes zero sense that they'd put out a Phantom Power reissue at this point. I'm pretty sure Kliph Scurlock, who drums for Gruff and is effectively SFA's archivist, has mentioned that they're working on a Guerrilla remaster, so that's still my best guess. It's also sequentially the next release in the reissue series. Still ... it seems like a lot of build up just for a reissue, regardless of which album it is. So perhaps it is a live release or (fingers crossed) a new album.

vince, Beaker73 and GuidedByJonO))) like this.
  24. joey essex

I don't think Phantom Power is screaming for a remaster, either. They recorded it in 5.1 even, for Pete (Fowler's) sake.

I just don't see why they'd announce a Guerrilla remaster with brand new Yeti artwork, though. And it is brand new. The Yetis never looked like they do in those photos. Seems like a lot of mystery and effort for yet another remaster.

GuidedByJonO))) likes this.
  25. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

Also, the yeti's came at least two years or more after the Guerrilla album. I can't remember exactly when they debuted, but it wasn't earlier than RATW. So, it doesn't make a lot of sense to use the yetis as a tease for a Guerrilla reissue. It's gotta be something else.