10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Lesson learned, could've been much worse. When it's mixed media, they should have enough sense to use a box.

Electric likes this.
  2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Nice :)

I’m determined to resist this time, my music spending has been out of control lately (much like yours)

Electric and Myke like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

FWIW, I placed a large $400 order with ImportCDs via eBay that included about 10 LPs and 2 13xVinyl box sets. The box arrived yesterday and was easily one of the worst packing jobs I've ever experienced for vinyl. The outer box was trashed by the time it arrived and had barely any filler/protection inside. The single LPs were housed in a flimsy cardboard inner and underneath the box set.

That's right, box set singular. Even though I ordered two sets and they were both on the packing slip and both marked as "shipped" in the same shipment on eBay, only one was there. Ouch.

4. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

My spending is out of control? That hadn't occurred to me. :)

5. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Good advice! I've run into the same issue with them (Deep Discount in my case). I am typically very happy with their packaging but twice I had CDs and vinyl packed together and had the same issue you did with indentations in the record jacket and one of the records even bruised although it played fine. I will be ordering vinyl separate from other media in the future.

Myke likes this.
  6. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Out of control is a subjective term I guess, in your world $400 might be considered holding back ;)

7. Electric

Was just kidding, Blair. My wife probably thinks my spending is out of control, too, but like I've said here before and what I say to her is, you should see what I didn't buy. :D

8. Myke

Not to mention how 54 years later, you've still got something to show for the $$$ you spent.

aoxomoxoa, Electric and George P like this.
  9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Mike is right. It not like we are gamblers or drug addicts. They have nothing to show for it when all their money is gone.
    Most of the stuff we buy will likely retain some, if not all of its value (in some cases they might increase).

We’re not bad people, we just like music.

But seriously I need to stop spending money on records.

10. Myke

Also love seeing the faces of the young guys buying from me, a record I bought in the 60s, or 70s...marveling at the condition.

I'm actually satisfied again, for now. Can't stop playing Pulse ! :hugs:

masterbucket and aoxomoxoa like this.
  11. aoxomoxoa

You just reminded me I need Pulse!
    I just bought Relics and Obscured by clouds today (along with the Montrose deluxe vinyl) for under $50! Damn you import CDs!

Myke likes this.
  12. Myke

My Pulse was $72.00 from Import CDs via eBay.

Right now...Gilmour's guitar solo at the end of Comfortably Numb with Nick beating his drums like a madman...LOVE IT !!!!!!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  13. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I hear you Myke!
    Fantastic show and sound quality is unsurpassed.
    I saw that tour in May 94 in Atlanta...….what a night!

aoxomoxoa and Myke like this.
  14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Agree, Agree & Agree :wave:

Electric likes this.
  15. Myke

16. Myke

Well, that didn't last long. Was going through the Discogs discographies of Mr. Grundman, Mr. Bellman, and Mr. Gray, when I was reminded of :

Sweet Revenge - John Prine ( Kevin Gray)
    Rio Grande Mud - ZZ Top (Chris Bellman)
    Sopranos Soundtrack - Various ( Kevin Gray)

So I went back to Music Direct, where these qualified for 20% off + free shipping ( which I know they excel at)

aoxomoxoa and masterbucket like this.
  17. aoxomoxoa

It never occurred to me to search for records by mastering engineer. But it’s bloody brilliant!

Myke likes this.
  18. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

as long as the submissions are actually correct. i can't tell you how many i've run across that were dead wrong because of the nature of how discogs' crowd sourcing works.

but i digress. let's get back to deals on (unreliable) importcds!

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  19. Myke

Well, yes, a little common sense goes a long way. :sigh: Also, there are actual staff on Discogs, that go through double-checking submissions, as they're made.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's actually not completely accurate. they don't have staff that does that but rather bots that occasionally check for egregious errors in entries. the site is less controlled than wikipedia. it's why i love and hate it simultaneously.

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

This was the first importcds.com sale in a long time that I did not make a purchase, and usually, it is a significant purchase. I think because I tend to buy a lot of "audiophile" type things, SACD, vinyl from places like MFSL, the prices this time did not warrant a purchase. I ended up going to Music Direct and everything I was after ended up being cheaper through them. Now I will grant you a lot of that is because of what I ended up purchasing (a few Dylan 45rpm and a couple SACD) but I will have it in my hands tomorrow even with their free shipping.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  22. Myke

Well yeah, Chicago to Wisconsin. :laugh:

23. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Well yes, that is true.

Myke likes this.
  24. Electric

The November 2018 10% off sale is on now through Nov. 19, 5 PM CST.

jamesc and Martgrol like this.
  25. Martgrol

Martgrol Forum Resident

I just wanted to place an order on importcds.com. What is the code? When I type in "SAVE10" it says "Promo Code is expired".

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018