Parasound Halo HINT 6, new integrated, replacing HINT

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TerpStation, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

If only they added a tape monitor loop and a better DAC chip.

56GoldTop likes this.
  2. WAFWarrior

WAFWarrior Well-Known Member

What do you mean by quality bridging?

3. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

It's just hard to find much fault with an affordable line that just rarely ever needs service, where cutting edge products just keep on keeping on. My latest purchase from Parasound was their beautiful Halo Integrated, and it is a beautiful integrated amplifier indeed and priced right at $2,495.00, but then the new "Hint" integrated comes along with subtle improvements, for $500.00 more, might have to put mine up and get me some of these nice "gold" accents, with the improved volume control and readout, and then there is the new and beautiful 400 watt Curl Power amplifier, so very nice indeed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BLACK OR SILVER, IT'S YOUR CHOICE! :edthumbs:

SandAndGlass and Manimal like this.
  4. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Nonsense. The A21 is perfect.

5. cdgenarian

cdgenarian Forum Resident

Wow! First photos I've seen. Beautiful!!

6. Standingstones

Standingstones Forum Resident

I couldn’t see the justification of a $500 increase in cost. I went with a Rotel RA-1592 integrated amp instead.

keiron99 likes this.
  7. PhilCo

PhilCo Forum Resident

parasound seems to be in middle of a great product development cycle. Nice to see a company continue to improve an already great series of products. Having had an opportunity to listen to the JC5, I can tell you it is a scary good product.

WAFWarrior, punkmusick and Litejazz53 like this.
  8. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

I don't usually upgrade components, but that new JC5 is pretty darn tempting, even for an A-21 owner. Another great advantage of Parasound, they give you a choice of really beautiful brushed aluminum now with gold accents or traditional black, a favorite of many, something Oppo threw out the window on their 205, 4K player. I have always been a bit partial to the brushed aluminum in lieu of the black, but the black is certainly cool looking for sure. So, it would be interesting to know which most people prefer, what is your choice?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SandAndGlass and Bananas&blow like this.
  9. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

I have a JC3+ and a OHINT both in black and they're stunning. The black with blue lights match my turntable color and the resulting system is beautiful.

10. I wish Parasound would come back to Canada. I'd love a chance to experience the new product.

basie-fan, Litejazz53 and Blair G. like this.
  11. gakerty

gakerty Forum Resident

I'm very pleased with my Halo Int 5. It's dynamic, detailed, yet well rounded... just gets out of the way of the music. It's a good match with my Tannoy X8TFs. The Haloint gently wipes the floor with the NAD C388 it replaced soundwise. The HT bypass is also very handy, as I have my BluRay/4K movie setup (via a Yamaha Rx860) running straight to the power amp portion. Anyway, I'll be keeping the Halo Int for a while... until I save up for a Pass. : )

12. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Note: similar threads have been merged.

jon9091, Catcher10 and punkmusick like this.
  13. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I was wondering (cuz I don’t know) why the HINT is so light say compared
    To my PIONEER SX 1250 (63 or so) HINT (35) then I see that beautiful JC5
    And where back ( 73 lbs) with coke can caps. That I can sink my teeth into.

SandAndGlass and Litejazz53 like this.
  14. WAFWarrior

WAFWarrior Well-Known Member

Hello to all. Chris here from Parasound. Thanks for all the well informed discussion on this thread. Please let me know if you have any specific questions that I might be able to field for you that the forum has not already addressed.
    A disclaimer: I can not talk about products in development and I will try to only chime in when there is objective conversation. I try to stay neutral and keep the facts straight where I can.

Thanks

Chris Thompson
    Parasound Products Inc.
    2250 McKinnon Ave.
    San Francisco, CA 94124
    415-397-7100
    www.Parasound.com

15. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

I suspect the vintage Pioneer with its very heavy and thick metal frame work, and sold wood side panels, glass and about 300 knobs :) Makes it pretty heavy compared to modern amp cases.

16. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Not 30 lbs heavier I would think. That massive transformer probably has the most to do with it.huge heat sinks also.

17. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

The A23 loses stability below 8 ohms when bridged. It also tends to sound thin and less refined.

SandAndGlass and pdxway like this.
  18. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Parasound took my Audiophile virginity. The first real jam I ever heard that started the search...the endless search. Anyway great stuff but I have to wait a few years and let some other brothers absorb the brunt of the cash.
    When I worked at dealerships we always joked that you can buy a car, drive it down the street and come back to trade it in and it would cost you 6 grand. True for audio.

19. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

I tried using my a23 as mono blocks a while back and did not like it. Sounded a bit harsh and loss its magic.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

Strongly :agree:. For me to go back to an integrated, it must provide at least one tape monitor. I have been using separates for well over thirty years and have never been without a tape monitor on any of my preamps ...

21. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

exactly why I wish they would make something between the current a23 and a21.

22. coopmv

Parasound products are not available in Canada? That is very unusual ... :agree:

basie-fan and Manimal like this.
  23. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

Really how much more does a tape loop add to the cost of a complex intergrated/DAC like this. The HINT5 did have a tape out but no way to monitor the recording.

24. coopmv

No clue. But back in the day, two tape monitors per receiver/preamp was the rule but manufacturing process today is far more automated and advanced (a single chip will probably handle two tape monitors with no problems) ...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  25. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Big upgrade adding the phono gain for MM/MC .. and some other nice upgrades. I may have to pick one up if I ever get around to running a second Audio state with a nice Audio intergrated that does it all and has a nice amp section to boot ! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.